Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Synthlust! (Or, how to make music without your computer)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

I have to open at work tomorrow so I won't get a chance to play this until tomorrow.
    I got mine today, too, and just like you... I won't get a chance to mess with it until tomorrow (at the earliest). Being an adult is horseshit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Synthlust! (Or, how to make music without your computer)

I'm messing with my Strega today, and good lord... this thing is a playground for soundscapes and textures. I've got mine paired with a 0-CTRL, and now it's got me wanting to add a 0-Coast.

Last edited by caca; 03-11-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Model Samples is like the Digitakt Light kinda how the Digitakt is the Octatrack Light. I have all 3 but I am not keeping the Model Samples. I just picked it up for cheap and thought it might be a fun device to travel with. Ended up picking the Polyend Tracker for that task.
    About Samplers, it all depends what you want to do but I say you can't go wrong with any of the current MPCs, The Force, Polyend Tracker or Digitakt/Octatrack. It just depends on your budget. I am obsessed with samplers/drum machines so if you have any questions on any of those i'd be happy to answer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I HATED those knobs on the desktop version. I can't imagine so many more on the keyboard version. I did the knob upgrade on my Tempest and it felt like a fancy new machine. I don't know why they skip out on such expensive gear.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    For those of you interested in buying a Buchla Model 100: Careful, it may make you trip balls.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/engi...ally-takes-lsd

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Someone was selling a Cyclone Analogic TT-606 in mint condition on eBay for $189...

Of course, I had to go for it. Thankfully I didn't buy the Behringer RD-6. I find the TT-606 has more oomph to it. A more pronounced sound. Plus the upgraded sequencer and the multiple alternate hi hat/cymbal sounds to choose from.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

An ode to one of my favorite and best supporting characters of all time. Starts off slow but gets noisy later on. I programmed everything in advance, and when I recorded this I manipulated filters/decays on my DFAM, Mother and Grandmother and triggered the samples live, which I used my SK-1 Wilhelm scream and Audacity on my computer for, as well as ran my L-12. Percussion came from RD-6/8 and I used all sorts of effects pedals. Audacity and VSDC were used for post. I just have so much fun doing this stuff!
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 06-26-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    ProckGnosis visits the new Dreadbox office/workshop in Greece...

Two upcoming synths were leaked in the video for those who looked closely.

Dreadbox Nymph.
    A new 6 voice polyphonic synth, which DB had been teasing on their Instagram stories. You get to hear a little bit of it.

Dreadbox Abyss V2
    An upgraded Abyss is finally coming in the form of an 8 voice version with what appears to be a Typhon screen sized cutout with "preset" written.

In case this wasn't already known, I am a HUGE Dreadbox fan. This is awesome news!