Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Synthlust! (Or, how to make music without your computer)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

I have to open at work tomorrow so I won't get a chance to play this until tomorrow.
    I got mine today, too, and just like you... I won't get a chance to mess with it until tomorrow (at the earliest). Being an adult is horseshit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Synthlust! (Or, how to make music without your computer)

I'm messing with my Strega today, and good lord... this thing is a playground for soundscapes and textures. I've got mine paired with a 0-CTRL, and now it's got me wanting to add a 0-Coast.

Last edited by caca; 03-11-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Model Samples is like the Digitakt Light kinda how the Digitakt is the Octatrack Light. I have all 3 but I am not keeping the Model Samples. I just picked it up for cheap and thought it might be a fun device to travel with. Ended up picking the Polyend Tracker for that task.
    About Samplers, it all depends what you want to do but I say you can't go wrong with any of the current MPCs, The Force, Polyend Tracker or Digitakt/Octatrack. It just depends on your budget. I am obsessed with samplers/drum machines so if you have any questions on any of those i'd be happy to answer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I HATED those knobs on the desktop version. I can't imagine so many more on the keyboard version. I did the knob upgrade on my Tempest and it felt like a fancy new machine. I don't know why they skip out on such expensive gear.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    For those of you interested in buying a Buchla Model 100: Careful, it may make you trip balls.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/engi...ally-takes-lsd

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Someone was selling a Cyclone Analogic TT-606 in mint condition on eBay for $189...

Of course, I had to go for it. Thankfully I didn't buy the Behringer RD-6. I find the TT-606 has more oomph to it. A more pronounced sound. Plus the upgraded sequencer and the multiple alternate hi hat/cymbal sounds to choose from.