Page 215 of 263 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,450 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Fuck Tool. Seriously. This is some bullshit. You fucked up, honor your fuck up.
    Why? If some people shared the presale link, the band had no reason to honor that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Vinyl bootlegs are incoming already. Wtf were they thinking letting bootleggers get to this before a legitimate pressing?

Because they don’t give a shit.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Why? If some people shared the presale link, the band had no reason to honor that.

They shouldn’t have waited two weeks for this, like Tony P said. If it would’ve been dealt with prior to public sales for the shows I think most people would’ve understood.

Seriously. Two fucking weeks. They (management) don’t want to refund TA memberships so this is what they decided to do.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    When your fan club is called "army", members and general population are naturally cannon fodder...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    FYI:

A new “dynamic barcode” mobile-only ticketing system is raising questions of consumer freedom and discrimination as it is prepped for a trial in at least three venues using Ticketmaster as their ticketing provider.
    Outlined on a Ticketmaster website page touting “The Newest Way to Use Your Mobile Ticket,” the new system features a barcode that changes in 15 second intervals. This is designed to remove the ability of any consumer to transfer their ticket through any system that isn’t Ticketmaster.

Which results in:
    Scores of frustrated fans — many whom had forked out hundreds of dollars — were denied access to a sold-out Black Keys show at the Wiltern Theatre Thursday night in Koreatown because their tickets were fake.

https://www.ticketnews.com/2019/03/d...umer-concerns/

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...-are-no-bueno/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    FYI:

A new “dynamic barcode” mobile-only ticketing system is raising questions of consumer freedom and discrimination as it is prepped for a trial in at least three venues using Ticketmaster as their ticketing provider.
    Outlined on a Ticketmaster website page touting “The Newest Way to Use Your Mobile Ticket,” the new system features a barcode that changes in 15 second intervals. This is designed to remove the ability of any consumer to transfer their ticket through any system that isn’t Ticketmaster.

Which results in:
    Scores of frustrated fans — many whom had forked out hundreds of dollars — were denied access to a sold-out Black Keys show at the Wiltern Theatre Thursday night in Koreatown because their tickets were fake.

https://www.ticketnews.com/2019/03/d...umer-concerns/

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...-are-no-bueno/
    Well this is a awful fucking idea

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was thinking: So a scalper sells that barcode to someone. Fifteen seconds later they sell that barcode to someone. Repeat until they get the fuck beat out of them by someone who got scammed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    How is Ticketmaster still cornering this market? They’re awful.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    How is Ticketmaster still cornering this market? They’re awful.

Because AXS is no better

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Why are there two tool threads?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Mitosis

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    One was created for FI spoilers. If we had a vote, I’d say merge the two together if possible at this point.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Because AXS is no better
    Actually—this really grinds my gears—Stubhub and similar companies are a parasite industry feeding off the excesses of Ticketmaster. It takes away any incentive for Ticketmaster to improve because no one has to compete directly with them. Why bother when you can jump into the secondhand ticket market with virtually no overhead?

Same thing with third party hotel and vacation booking companies. Why jump into the hotel business—in fact, why should hotels invest heavily in their existing hotels—if you can resell rooms and tickets to vacation spots with no overhead. You don’t have to maintain the rooms or provide facilities.

Anyway.

Fear Inoculum is neat and I love the Opiate and Undertow remasters.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Actually—this really grinds my gears—Stubhub and similar companies are a parasite industry feeding off the excesses of Ticketmaster. It takes away any incentive for Ticketmaster to improve because no one has to compete directly with them. Why bother when you can jump into the secondhand ticket market with virtually no overhead?
    This is probably a discussion for another thread but Ticketmaster is terrible because they are part of a parent corp, Live Nation, that controls virtually every aspect of the live entertainment business. This muscles out competition and gives bands no choice with who they use for booking, where they play, who they use for ticketing, etc. The existence of Stubhub and similar has little to no bearing on how awful Ticketmaster is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    4 years ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Let's make a deal : when we have a real confirmation of a new album, we'll start a new thread. In the meantime, this thread will always be about speculations of a new album.

So whenever you see this topic bumped, you know it's not about the real deal.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    One's a general thread, and one's an album thread. I think that's pretty clearly demarcated in the titles. It's not uncommon on this forum that an album from a band gets its own thread.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Especially in this case. An album 13 years in the making certainly deserves its own thread.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Generally curious- Other than NIN (in an entirely separate sub forum, who this fan forum is dedicated to), what other band has had its own album thread?

Im fine with either/or, but the hype has died down (ie posts) quite a bit and it’s no longer a spoiler-free zone.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Generally curious- Other than NIN (in an entirely separate sub forum, who this fan forum is dedicated to), what other band has had its own album thread?

Im fine with either/or, but the hype has died down (ie posts) quite a bit and it’s no longer a spoiler-free zone.
    For what it's worth, prior to this split Maynard had FOUR threads himself (APC, Puscifer, Tool, and the short-lived "everything Maynard" thread meant for convos that were more about him / comparing his projects than focusing on one specific band).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tool is out here rescinding VIP ticket packages to non-Tool-Army members and here I am, an existing tool-Army member, who signed up properly beforehand. And although I was able to nab a VIP ticket to Barclays Center ( which I am very happy/excited/grateful for) I still haven't received my Tool-Army membership bundle. Whoever is in charge of this "Tool-Army" crap seem to be very concerned with us (the loyal fanbase) keeping our ends of the bargain but not very concerned keeping up with with their ends of the bargain and making good on what was promised to us by joining.
    Common guys, wheres my VIP package? Jesus, I love Tool (great band, musicianship, and music) but damn do these guys suck at everything else involved with the business aspect of their products and seem very out of touch with their fans. I get it when they make music, they owe us nothing and should be making what they want and not spooning feeding us what we want, but when it comes to things like this I feel they just don't give a shit about their fans. They should really be making more of an effort to do right by us. At this point, I'd be shocked if I even got the package with how things are run over there. (and I'm not just talking about poor old me and not getting my bundle, its the ticket rescinding, 13 year album wait, no vinyl release plans yet, the dated website which seems to not have been updated in years...just to name a few things)
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 09-24-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Once they had a quilt (that looked terrible) that they were selling at a ridiculous price I knew they were full of shit about selling "high quality stuff". Adam repeats himself over and over again about stuff they would like/buy, and then they sell that bullshit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

I even recall a Tool Hotline and a Tool sub section here.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    Tool is out here rescinding VIP ticket packages to non-Tool-Army members and here I am, an existing tool-Army member, who signed up properly beforehand. And although I was able to nab a VIP ticket to Barclays Center ( which I am very happy/excited/grateful for) I still haven't received my Tool-Army membership bundle. Whoever is in charge of this "Tool-Army" crap seem to be very concerned with us (the loyal fanbase) keeping our ends of the bargain but not very concerned keeping up with with their ends of the bargain and making good on what was promised to us by joining.
    Common guys, wheres my VIP package? Jesus, I love Tool (great band, musicianship, and music) but damn do these guys suck at everything else involved with the business aspect of their products and seem very out of touch with their fans. I get it when they make music, they owe us nothing and should be making what they want and not spooning feeding us what we want, but when it comes to things like this I feel they just don't give a shit about their fans. They should really be making more of an effort to do right by us. At this point, I'd be shocked if I even got the package with how things are run over there. (and I'm not just talking about poor old me and not getting my bundle, its the ticket rescinding, 13 year album wait, no vinyl release plans yet, the dated website which seems to not have been updated in years...just to name a few things)
    I find all this behaviour reflected in the fact that their discography is tiny in comparison to many other bands, yet as soon as they put their stuff on a streaming platform pretty much every album cover somehow managed to be either incorrect or the wrong way around or improperly scanned: Opiate: fine, but not the original cover image. Undertow: image reversed horizontally. Ænima: poorly scanned. Salival: ? Lateralus: Promo image used instead of actual album cover. 10,000 Days: Probably the closest one that was correct.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    but damn do these guys suck at everything else involved with the business aspect of their products and seem very out of touch with their fans.
    I don't know. I agree the website is terrible, TA had problems, VIP tix could have been done with now care etc etc. But, I also like that, to me, that all seems like they don't really give much of a crap about the merchandise money making machine. They toss some things out for us who really want to buy things but otherwise they have more important things to do. I don't think it would be Tool like if the merch Tix etc. business was a polished money making machine.

I mean that said, the money spent at those merch booths at concerts must be crazy. I stood in line until they almost took the stage for a $200 signed posted on May (because they hadn't signed the posters timely I assume). I was about to give up so I didn't miss any of the show but got it in time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    they don't really give much of a crap about the merchandise money making machine.
    The problem is they don't seem to give a crap about the things they are selling...until people start bitching, that is. And even then the result feels half-assed.

I don't think it would be Tool like if the merch Tix etc. business was a polished money making machine.
    A purposely shitty retail / fan experience as a business model is a really odd take.
    Last edited by cdm; 09-24-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The problem is they don't seem to give a crap about the things they are selling...until people start bitching, that is. And even then the result feels half-assed.

A purposely shitty retail / fan experience as a business model is a really odd take.
    I feel like a lot of this comes from their nearly 30 year old contract that likely gives them fuckall control over merch, tours, and other shit.

I hope they get to do more stuff now that they’re free of all that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I feel like a lot of this comes from their nearly 30 year old contract that likely gives them fuckall control over merch, tours, and other shit.
    Didn't they renegotiate when the band and label traded breach-of-contract lawsuits after Aenima?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I hope they get to do more stuff now that they’re free of all that.
    Like a 10,000 days vinyl release?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

So I was looking at some of this footage from the Undertow sessions and noticed people talking in the comments of various videos that there at one time was an upload of more footage, about 2 hours worth. Does anyone have this footage? I find it hard to believe a Tool fan didn't rip the video footage while it was up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    For what it's worth, prior to this split Maynard had FOUR threads himself (APC, Puscifer, Tool, and the short-lived "everything Maynard" thread meant for convos that were more about him / comparing his projects than focusing on one specific band).
    We definitely don't need an "Everything Maynard" thread, but APC, Puscifer, and Tool are three very different bands (despite having the same singer) that each deserve their own dedicated thread, in my opinion. I also don't see anything wrong with Fear Inoculum having its own thread, at least while the album is still fresh.