Page 249 of 263 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,470 of 7888

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    boise, last thursday. nope, they didn't have that on the setlist. so much bud light smell, dude next to me head banging violently.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    boise, last thursday. nope, they didn't have that on the setlist. so much bud light smell, dude next to me head banging violently.
    Sounds like a concert, must have been a blast.

I am not a culling voices fan but that live version was pretty cool.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    no. it was boring. at this point tool is a legacy act. i knew what i was signing up for, but we're all in our 40's now and shouldn't have to expect some loser's hair hitting me in the face for two hours.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    no. it was boring. at this point tool is a legacy act. i knew what i was signing up for, but we're all in our 40's now and shouldn't have to expect some loser's hair hitting me in the face for two hours.
    Fine, stop going to shows. It's pretty galling for you to complain about live shows when we've just had two years without them (with more being cancelled to come I'm sure)
    As someone who works in the live event industry, you're just a goddamn privileged crybaby to me at this point.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    words
    Shitty comment deleted.
    Last edited by cdm; 01-19-2022 at 09:42 AM. Reason: shitty comment was shitty

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    wear the grudge like a crown of negativity

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    A good soul posted the entire San Francisco show, there is a download link for the FLAC in the YouTube video description:

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    You know what they say about opinions and this is a discussion board. I’m sure the friend had a fine time. There’s no need to make assumptions about someone based on their post about a concert. It’s not like they used a homophobic slur to defend their opinion.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    You know what they say about opinions and this is a discussion board. I’m sure the friend had a fine time. There’s no need to make assumptions about someone based on their post about a concert.
    You're right. My comment was unnecessary. Apologies to @kel .

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I guess a more slightly more diplomatic way of getting my point across is to say it like this: I think it's shitty to replace the slot where a classic song was being played with Culling Voices, which is now being played every night in that slot. I, and everyone else...I don't care what you say, would rather have them play Culling Voices than one of the other FI songs if it's now going to be a staple every night. I get it...this a tour promoting their newest album so they're gonna do what they're gonna do. Doesn't mean I have to like it or that it's the best way of treating your fans. But par for the course with this band.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I guess a more slightly more diplomatic way of getting my point across is to say it like this: I think it's shitty to replace the slot where a classic song was being played with Culling Voices, which is now being played every night in that slot. I, and everyone else...I don't care what you say, would rather have them play Culling Voices than one of the other FI songs if it's now going to be a staple every night. I get it...this a tour promoting their newest album so they're gonna do what they're gonna do. Doesn't mean I have to like it or that it's the best way of treating your fans. But par for the course with this band.
    I actually preferred Culling Voices over The Patient in my night (I hadn't seen setlists prior to my show, though, it was the second night CV was played). I rather see a song that I hadn't seen live than a song I have seen already (and I like The Patient more than CV). I actually like it when bands fill a setlist when a majority of what they are playing is from the album they are supporting. Bands like Garbage are notorious for playing the hits and only two or three songs off their new album during their tours. I welcome Tool's approach.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Count me as someone who'd prefer to see The Patient again over Culling Voices (not a bad song, but The Patient was one of my favorites on Lateralus). I'm really hoping that 7empest starts appearing on the setlist before they get to MN...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    im so glad to see sober back, pls let it stick around until the chicago show.

is there any shot in hell they ever play prison sex again??

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    is there any shot in hell they ever play prison sex again??
    I guess it's just too personal for MJK to revive for some reason. They aint playing Wings 1+2 or Jimmy anymore either. Judith was also retired for several years (but it returned).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So MJK is wearing the same outfit from 2 years ago? (Fake mowhawk, puscifer jacket, gwen stefani circa 1995 pants) Or do we have a new look to go with the new tour?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I guess it's just too personal for MJK to revive for some reason. They aint playing Wings 1+2 or Jimmy anymore either. Judith was also retired for several years (but it returned).
    I’d love to see jimmy performed live.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    i don't think he likes playing wings 1+2 because it's a) about his passed-on mother and b)people gave all the songs off of 10K Days so much shit at the time. Jimmy is also pretty personal, but I'd love to hear it live.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    i don't think he likes playing wings 1+2 because it's a) about his passed-on mother and b)people gave all the songs off of 10K Days so much shit at the time. Jimmy is also pretty personal, but I'd love to hear it live.
    Wings for Marie/10,000 Days also takes up a pretty big chunk of the setlist and it's a slower song, so you get those drunk idiots who scream things like "Play Sober! or "STINKFIIIIIST!!!1!" I'd love to see Rosetta Stoned make a comeback. Also, a lesser played Undertow song like Bottom or Swamp Song would be a great addition.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Wings for Marie/10,000 Days also takes up a pretty big chunk of the setlist and it's a slower song, so you get those drunk idiots who scream things like "Play Sober! or "STINKFIIIIIST!!!1!" I'd love to see Rosetta Stoned make a comeback. Also, a lesser played Undertow song like Bottom or Swamp Song would be a great addition.
    Fuck, I'd love to see Rosetta Stoned live. Shit, I would settle for them just playing the heavy ass bridge section

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    They played Rosetta Stoned instrumental at their clinic tour about 5 years ago. Should be on youtube somewhere. (Not sure if full song was played though)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ive seen them 7 or 8 times and the only song I've witnessed from Undertow is Flood, once.

Not complaining it is my favorite song from that album, but I cant believe I haven't heard Intolerance or Sober given that they do rotate them in often enough. I can't believe I've seen them play 4 of 6 songs from Opiate and only 1 from Undertow

Though I think at this point, the only song Id truly lose my shit over if they happened to play at a show I attended is Prison Sex

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Ive seen them 7 or 8 times and the only song I've witnessed from Undertow is Flood, once.

Not complaining it is my favorite song from that album, but I cant believe I haven't heard Intolerance or Sober given that they do rotate them in often enough. I can't believe I've seen them play 4 of 6 songs from Opiate and only 1 from Undertow

Though I think at this point, the only song Id truly lose my shit over if they happened to play at a show I attended is Prison Sex

I've seen them 7 times (#8 is coming up on March 13!) and songs I've seen from Undertow include Sober (twice), Flood, and Intolerance (twice). As for Opiate, I've seen Opiate (twice), Sweat, and Part of Me. I absolutely loved seeing Part of Me (I'd love to see that again), but I think it would be amazing to see them do Hush, Jerk-Off or Cold and Ugly (though I think we can rule out Hush). And yes, it would be awesome to see Prison Sex. I could have sworn that I'd seen them play that at some point, but looking at setlist.fm, I guess I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've seen them 7 times (#8 is coming up on March 13!) and songs I've seen from Undertow include Sober (twice), Flood, and Intolerance (twice). As for Opiate, I've seen Opiate (twice), Sweat, and Part of Me. I absolutely loved seeing Part of Me (I'd love to see that again), but I think it would be amazing to see them do Hush, Jerk-Off or Cold and Ugly (though I think we can rule out Hush). And yes, it would be awesome to see Prison Sex. I could have sworn that I'd seen them play that at some point, but looking at setlist.fm, I guess I'm wrong.
    There was apparently a stretch towards the end of the Lateralus era that they opened some shows with Cold and Ugly, which still to this day after hundreds of shows, though it was very early in my concert going career, is the most memorable and unexpected concert opening song choice I've ever witnessed. Really blew my 16 year old brain, I already knew their discography inside and out by then, but it was so unexpected my brain couldn't manage to wrap itself around what song I was hearing when it started. And this was after Meshuggah opened the show.

I agree we probably won't ever get Hush or even Jerk Off, but seeing Sweat, Part of Me, and Opiate brought back in the last decade has been wonderful.

Already mentioned Prison Sex (which seems to have not been played in 20 years at this point) of course, but I'd also love to hear Bottom or Undertow come back as well, both which may not have been performed since the 90s?.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    ^ Seeing C&U as an opener would be amazing.

Has anyone else found it kind of beguiling that they included a live version of Part Of Me, out of all songs, to Salival? Only because every other song on it is so obscure/rare, and then suddenly you have this live performance that sounds essentially the same as the album version.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 01-22-2022 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    ^ Seeing C&U (edit mine) as an opener would be amazing.
    I've seen Cold and Ugly 3 times, and once as an opener.

I've also seen Sober 3 or 4 times, Jimmy, Prison Sex, Crawl Away, Jerk Off, Opiate, You Lied, both versions of Pushit, hearing the soft one BEFORE Salival was released, and being utterly surprised by No Quarter, and i also saw Third Eye as an opener.
    AND, not to mention, Tricky joining Tool onstage for Triad in '01.

See, the trick was, to start going to their shows in '96, when tix were like $15 or $20 (or maybe $25 for Lolla 97). And THEN, you STOP going to see them in about 01 or 02. (10k days isn't BAD, but it's definitely their weakest link for me). Also, the prices started going up.

I finally realized I saw them 5 times between '96 and '02.

Of course, NOW, I wanna see them one last time.

Edit: FUUUUUUUCK. I wish I'd PLANNED for this; there are still plenty of $56 dollar seats at BOK in Tulsa; that's where @ImTheWiseJanitor and I saw Lights in the Sky in 08, and there isn't a bad seat in the house at that place.
    Damnit.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-21-2022 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I have also seen them open with Third Eye (in 2010) and they played H. at the first show I saw them (in 2002).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've only seen Tool once before. My girlfriend, while not a huge fan of theirs, does enjoy some prog rock, and hasn't been to too many concerts before. I'm really happy I'm able to take her to her a big rock show, with tons of lights and whatnot, and I'm sure we'll enjoy whatever they end up playing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    hahaha I'm seeing them the night before in Omaha!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    if prison sex never comes, surely EULOGY should.