Page 119 of 263 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I still cant get over how Justin looked in 2001 to how he looks now.

It's like Jim Root in Slipknot...WALL OF BEARD
    Reminds me of Liam Wilson of Dillinger Escape Plan. Went from John Fogerty to Billy Gibbons.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Reminds me of Liam Wilson of Dillinger Escape Plan. Went from John Fogerty to Billy Gibbons.
    Ever seepics of Robin Finck in Guns n Roses?...

If not, Google. Can’t tell it’s him with the beard and stuff. Looks like a hobo.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

If not, Google. Can’t tell it’s him with the beard and stuff. Looks like a hobo.
    Yes, I remember that pic Trent posted when he first re-joined NIN back in 08? 07 maybe?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

in other words, like Robin Finck.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So, have we seen any indication that Maynard is with them at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    https://instagram.com/p/BgnNsU9Hr8G/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't been keeping up with their progress in the last couple years for obvious reasons, so I just want to make sure: Since the release of 10k Days, have they ever entered a "major studio" like right now without anything coming out of it? I don't wanna get my hopes up too early

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theSplinter04 View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with their progress in the last couple years for obvious reasons, so I just want to make sure: Since the release of 10k Days, have they ever entered a "major studio" like right now without anything coming out of it? I don't wanna get my hopes up too early
    No. It's really, finally happening this time. New Tool is imminent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    I've certainly run across Terence Mckenna's name a lot over the years... Have you a recommendation on what from him to begin with?
    This is the first lecture I really remember digging into. There's some Alex Grey artwork in the images by whoever put the Youtube video together, but I don't think there is any real direct connection between the images and the lecture beyond the video.
    Last edited by think i'm a fire engine; 03-23-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    No. It's really, finally happening this time. New Tool is imminent.
    Technically they were in the studio doing the “curveball” that we haven’t seen any of. Apparently a re-recorded, studio version of the extended Opiate they’ve been playing live.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 04-02-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I gotta say, I think it's really cool of Maynard (and the band, of course) to be so transparent about the progress on this record now that it's time to put it together. It really is the best way for them to just cut through the crap to say, "Hey. This is finally happening. Take this journey with us." Much more refreshing than the more-common "6-18 months of silence followed by the announcement" approach.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    latest round of studio pics is amaaaaazing. Can't be any different than current day NIN though - entire banks of tape. Love it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Why would those blankets be on the kick drums while Danny is playing them?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Unless I'm out to lunch, I thought it was always to reduce bleed from the other drums or cymbals into the kick mic.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I gotta say, I think it's really cool of Maynard (and the band, of course) to be so transparent about the progress on this record now that it's time to put it together. It really is the best way for them to just cut through the crap to say, "Hey. This is finally happening. Take this journey with us." Much more refreshing than the more-common "6-18 months of silence followed by the announcement" approach.
    I love it but it’s so uncharacteristic. I have trouble processing it!

Although I remember the band talking about dropping some of the mystique and stepping out of the shadows around 10,000 Days for doing things like putting their photos in the booklet.

Has anyone seen Blair lately?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I love it but it’s so uncharacteristic. I have trouble processing it!

Although I remember the band talking about dropping some of the mystique and stepping out of the shadows around 10,000 Days for doing things like putting their photos in the booklet.
    Oh, it's for sure uncharacteristic! I feel like Maynard's also turned a new leaf in a LOT of ways as an artist in the past 10-15 years, and this approach is a good way to drop some of the mystique and keep the hungry fans happy without being in everyone's face with "NOW, THE ROCK N ROLL LEGEND OF A GENERATION, RETUUUURNS" and just completely botching the band's comeback. Keeping shit humble. I like it. Keeps my faith that they want to devote most of their efforts to making something that can speak for itself artistically, and something people will wanna listen to for another 10 years.

Take yer time, gents! We've waited long enough to get here, no sense in rushing now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I’m crying happy tears on the inside.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Unless I'm out to lunch, I thought it was always to reduce bleed from the other drums or cymbals into the kick mic.
    Yeah, it's called a kick tunnel. Also helps isolate the non-kick mics from the boomies of the kick, which one often filters out of the other mics anyway.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That is really exciting. Only the north though?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    That is really exciting. Only the north though?
    My guess is since they are only doing two festival dates in May, Tool wants to tap that VIP package money while they can.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah, they're just to space out the two festival shows in Wisconsin and Ohio while APC is out playing other shows too. Maybe they'll add more, but the new album should take priority. I wonder how transparent they will be at these events. $500 is a tough price though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I really really want to goto this...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm sure it would be cool and really interesting, but $500?? Fuck that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm sure it would be cool and really interesting, but $500?? Fuck that.
    seriously though, did anyone expect an event with extremely limited capacity to cost < $200?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    seriously though, did anyone expect an event with extremely limited capacity to cost < $200?
    I’m forced to share this assessment. They’re a fairly high profile band giving a workshop and private performance. That’s actually probably a deal.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I’m forced to share this assessment. They’re a fairly high profile band giving a workshop and private performance. That’s actually probably a deal.

I don't think there's going to be a "performance" in the usual sense of the word (live music), more like short demonstrations to get a point across in mid-discussion. Don't get me wrong, Tool is one of my favorite bands of all time and if I were wealthy, I wouldn't hesitate to buy myself a ticket, but I'm saving my money for shows that DO include a performance – like Northern Invasion.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I don't think there's going to be a "performance" in the usual sense of the word (live music), more like short demonstrations to get a point across in mid-discussion. Don't get me wrong, Tool is one of my favorite bands of all time and if I were wealthy, I wouldn't hesitate to buy myself a ticket, but I'm saving my money for shows that DO include a performance – like Northern Invasion.
    Oh, definitely. I guess I shouldn’t have used performance there.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Played a RockBand with friends last week and I chose to sing Vicarious. I fucking nailed it, in my opinion. Unfortunately, the other guys (on guitar, bass and drums) weren't too familiar with the song and the size 5/4 in general so it turned into a mess. Moral of the story: the more people play with you, the fewer favorite songs you can play.
    Last edited by fillow; 04-11-2018 at 04:35 PM.