Page 130 of 263 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Whether the accusation was true or bullshit, it does not negate the fact MJK has always been known as a manwhore. Its common knowledge this guy used to run through groupies in the 90s at Anthony Kiedis/Dave Navarro levels. That doesn't make him a rapist, but it does make him a scumbag
    Lmao. No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    As for the Mike Patton circle jerk. Lest we forget, those open minded Tool fans were the same fans who made fools of themselves booing Mikes bands Tomahawk AND Fantomas off the stage every night back in the day when Mike opened for them. Considering MJK constantly invites Patton bands to tour with him, he may be leading the Mike Patton circle jerk
    I laughed super hard at this because I'm old enough to remember those concerts and these statements are 100% accurate.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I know the feelings running through the Tool fandom are strong but Jesus Christ enough with this relentless negativity. It’s nowhere near any kind of discussion at this point. It’s just bashing and trolling.
    Don't feed the trolls, unless you want them to keep trolling.

(But yeah, Maynard and his groupie habit? Though that time has probably passed, that was definitely a very well known, factual thing.)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Don't feed the trolls, unless you want them to keep trolling.

(But yeah, Maynard and his groupie habit? Though that time has probably passed, that was definitely a very well known, factual thing.)
    Oh, yeah, I remember it well. But it was pretty par for the course those days and never really a secret. And while my immature, holier than thou self tried to reconcile it with my personal belief structure I feel like you’d have to be super steeped in Incel culture anymore to deride a 25-40-something guy for having sex with a lot of women.

EDIT: Unless, obviously, if he were actually raping women (or men). Sexual assault is serious but requires some amount of evidence. Every account of his man-whoring noted that it was absolutely clear to the people involved what was going on.

Last edited by gerbil; 01-07-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Whether the accusation was true or bullshit, it does not negate the fact MJK has always been known as a manwhore. Its common knowledge this guy used to run through groupies in the 90s at Anthony Kiedis/Dave Navarro levels. That doesn't make him a rapist, but it does make him a scumbag
    banging people that want to be banged = scumbag. got it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, great timing of posting about that scumbag Tren.... err, MJK who was getting trolled on Twitter by some horseshit fake account.

Im bringing this up for a couple reasons. One is Maynard actually (eventually) replied about it. The fuck you want him to do, get OJ’s legal team together (I think most of them are dead?) and spend millions of dollars over some twitter account?

As for Trent not replying, that’s cool and good for him. It didn’t receive the press that Maynard’s accusation got. I’d guess both of those dudes decided to indulge in some Motley Crue-like debauchery without wanting the attention of it back when they were younger and single-ish.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    doesnt waste his time with that nonsense.
    Doing what you love doing is never a waste of time.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Glad we have an informant of 80’s/90’s rock stars sexual tendencies on here. :eye roll:

As long as it’s legal/consentual and not spreading diseases, I really don’t care who’s fucking who. Not gonna judge, not sure what a single, 20’s (heterosexual BTW) me on the road would be up to back in the day.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Glad we have an informant of 80’s/90’s rock stars sexual tendencies on here. :eye roll:

As long as it’s legal/consentual and not spreading diseases, I really don’t care who’s fucking who. Not gonna judge, not sure what a single, 20’s (heterosexual BTW) me on the road would be up to back in the day.
    I mean, I’m not gonna lie, I expect that stuff from artists not because they’re men, young, or perverse or anything. I expect it from artists—male and female—because a lot of them are wildly passionate and full of energy. And even the quiet, reserved ones, well... Still waters run deep and all that.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Alright folks, bring it back on track. Don't make me lock this thread.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    10/4, good buddy.

I think I’ve done a pretty good job of managing my expectations for this. I just want it to be what it is.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sorry I had to.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sorry I had to.
    Yeah, I guess I have to, too.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Tool

Yeah, I guess I have to, too.
    Thread open. Let’s all play nice and remember opinions are like....

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    can we all take a moment and have a group hug?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    can we all take a moment and have a group hug?

No. Get back on topic please. Tool. Maynard. New 10 minute songs. Go.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Is the new Tool album going to be released digitally?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just think the fact that it has been like 12 years since an album, at first nostalgia will cloud our judgement and it will hopefully age like fine wine. I never had a chance to see em till 2016 and can't wait for an actual tour other than a few one offs. I just wish I could hear all the old stuff live that I've missed. I fully except the new album tour to be mainly only new stuff witch is fucking great but does leave the newer fans wanting old popular stuff, ya know kinda like The people wanting closer and the hand that feeds at a NIN show,lol.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 01-08-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Maynard has said the whole catalog will be available digitally at some point but indecisiveness and dysfunction is why it's not yet. I assume the same will go for new music - though a new album could be the fire they need under their collective ass to make a move in that department.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Maynard has said the whole catalog will be available digitally at some point but indecisiveness and dysfunction is why it's not yet. I assume the same will go for new music - though a new album could be the fire they need under their collective ass to make a move in that department.
    Not offering their music digitally seems like a huge missed opportunity for revenue...and coming from a band that tours non-stop to make money makes it seem even more weird.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I am unaware if they have fulfilled their previous outdated/antiquated contract (which was the reason for their catalog's absence on streaming platforms, if I remember correctly), but let's hope that the announcement of their new album coincides with the news that their entire back catalog (in addition to the new album) is making its way to iTunes & Spotify thanks to a newly updated contract that allows them to join the rest of us in the 21st century.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Not offering their music digitally seems like a huge missed opportunity for revenue...and coming from a band that tours non-stop to make money makes it seem even more weird.
    Agreed. It seems (some or all of) the band is trying to retain the sanctity of the album, i.e. forcing/encouraging people to actually listen to a physical thing from beginning to end, but Maynard's made it clear his stance is to make it available in as many ways as possible and let people choose what to do with it.

We live in an age where it takes like two seconds to download/rip digital tracks and add them to your phone/device, anyway, so I agree it's pretty silly to keep their music off the digital market if the above is their only reason for doing so.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 01-08-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I think we should worry about that first part... first: “will the new Tool album be released?”

Heh.

Let’s question digitally/tye-dyed vinal/available only through your drug dealer while buying acid/etc. when the time comes.

:P

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Here’s an idea for Tool: once the new album drops, relaease ALL your previous material digitally. Everything at once.

Seems like Ike a good idea. Or release all previous material digitally once they set a release date. No?...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Here’s an idea for Tool: once the new album drops, relaease ALL your previous material digitally. Everything at once.
    That's essentially what I was saying above. At this point, it seems to me that would be the smart move. Either to put the back catalog up once they announce the new album so that the buzz generated by the announcement encourages people to go listen to the old Tool stuff to get hyped, or to release it all simultaneously (I think the former would be the smarter decision from a marketing standpoint).

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That's essentially what I was saying above. At this point, it seems to me that would be the smart move. Either to put the back catalog up once they announce the new album so that the buzz generated by the announcement encourages people to go listen to the old Tool stuff to get hyped, or to release it all simultaneously (I think the former would be the smarter decision from a marketing standpoint).
    Oops... my bad Sonic. Yes you did.

Long day here and skimmed through some posts unfortunately.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Oops... my bad Sonic. Yes you did.

Long day here and skimmed through some posts unfortunately.
    No big deal, great minds think alike. Let's hope we're right. I can't wait until they give us something concrete like the album title, album cover, release date, tracklisting, first single, etc.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm not sure it's necessarily a given that a streaming presence will give Tool too much of a revenue boost...

I don't think it should be discounted just how much the mystique Tool consciously generates plays into their popularity. I suppose it's not something that can be quantified, but it's definitely there. Very few bands can tour annually for well over a decade on no new music and not see the audience at their shows decline in number. I love Tool but I find it hard to chalk that up entirely to the strength of their performances. Frankly, being such an apparently massively popular band that, despite being still active as a group, isn't on streaming services is something that strikes up conversation about them. Combine that with decades of active obfuscation and cock-teasing from the Tool machine about some of the most minor details, a steady stream of condescension and sarcasm, and a pinch of "front-man who's been wearing disguises since before you could just google him" and you end up with the ability to transform a small amount of product into a large amount of revenue with the power of buzz and speculation alone.

Like Maynard says, "I've made a career out of not giving away the whole farm."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I'm not sure it's necessarily a given that a streaming presence will give Tool too much of a revenue boost...

I don't think it should be discounted just how much the mystique Tool consciously generates plays into their popularity. I suppose it's not something that can be quantified, but it's definitely there. Very few bands can tour annually for well over a decade on no new music and not see the audience at their shows decline in number. I love Tool but I find it hard to chalk that up entirely to the strength of their performances. Frankly, being such an apparently massively popular band that, despite being still active as a group, isn't on streaming services is something that strikes up conversation about them. Combine that with decades of active obfuscation and cock-teasing from the Tool machine about some of the most minor details, a steady stream of condescension and sarcasm, and a pinch of "front-man who's been wearing disguises since before you could just google him" and you end up with the ability to transform a small amount of product into a large amount of revenue with the power of buzz and speculation alone.

Like Maynard says, "I've made a career out of not giving away the whole farm."
    I’d love to get remastered versions of the albums. Maybe pull a Led Zeppelin and put out demos and early mixes—even instrumental mixes.

We know there’s possible bonus material in something like the Opiate re-recording (the curveball) and probably a lot of live stuff that never saw the light of day.

Not to mention the likelihood of videos being released (possibly remastered for HD) and there’s definitely potential for some revenue generation.

Either way, I doubt they’d be able to recoup costs on a new album without a digital release.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    why CAN'T the new tool album be stunning/groundbreaking?
    LIke, their catalog is damn near perfect. And I don't think they need the money. Therefore, I KIND of feel like Adam, Danny and Justin wouldn't be making this record of they didn't feel like they had something interesting to say; some new ideas. Tool has always been about evolution and progression: I mean, compare Opiate to Undertow to Aenima.
    I'm expecting this record to reinforce the themes and statements of Aenima and Lateralus, but in an evolved way. I'm honestly expecting a fucking masterpiece.

That being said, I'm slightly frightened that it will suck, too.