Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 4590

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    ^We get it. You seriously have some kind of problem with Maynard and all of the bands he's in, given your obsessive need to repeatedly posting inflammatory things in every thread that has anything to do with him.
    No its more like I have a problem with his "insufferable" fans who suck him off at every turn and run like guard dogs to defend him because someone dare offend their sacred christ Maynard....Did you know the hidden meaning of life is in his tattoos? Sure there is a 96969696 page discussion about it on the Tool reddit....There are also secret hidden messages directed from MJK to you the listener on 'Hooker With a Penis' but you can only hear it if you play it on your vinyl backwards 9 times and then on the 10th time, the message is clear.
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell; 05-21-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    @Helpmeiaminhell , just out of curiosity, are you, or have you ever been, a tool fan?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    No its more like I have a problem with his "insufferable" fans who suck him off at every turn...etc.
    So you think they guy is a dick for calling fans insufferable retards, but then give a laundry list of reasons why he would say that, that you, yourself, seem to agree with. Seems you two have some common ground there.

I honestly think the reason 40% of the fanbase has been clamoring for new music is because they're pseudo-intellectual, they only learn new shit from Tool songs and they're desperately in need of something new to spout because their "vast, esoteric knowledge" of the Fibonacci sequence is no longer garnering them the adulation it did 20 years ago.

Another 40% are just "fans" that want something new to complain about. Could be because the new album didn't sound exactly like one of the previous albums (or, in the instance of 10k Days, because it did.) Take your pick.

That's roughly 80% of your fanbase being insufferable retards. Give or take. Personally, I don't find the constant dick-suckery or the constant, unbridled hatred any less annoying than the other.

I can also understand the frustration the man has. He became famous when he was an angry youth. He's grown over the years, but so many of the people that hopped on during Opiate or Undertow have been in arrested development for the last three decades. I've had people that I went to high school with still act like high school kids in their late 30s. Fortunately, I can just choose to not have those people in my life. In Maynard's case, he can't as easily choose who his fans are, and because of that, I'm not prepared to condemn the guy based on how some of his dumber followers act.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I will always remember that Lateralus era video interview (good times) where Maynard referred to Tool fans as "artists in their own way", and other comments about them meant as a compliment in contrast to a lot of the dummy qualities that seemed to be mostly coming from fans of music of the likes of "Slip Diskit" (as Maynard snidely called Limp Bizkit lol), and other big bands in that time period. And since then, shit changes, as everything does. #derp

Some of you seem to expect the most perfectly modulated human being to be in the limelight. Consider that, increasingly so in the times we live in, it's most relevant to report any and all bad shit, and barely any good. Open up the news - there's how the majority of people very unfortunately tend to view the world, and take out from it. It's what sells, and it's the easiest way to break this world down.

Having said that, Maynard always seems to have been a diva of sorts, possibly never a warm-and-fuzzy guy to just anybody in the public eye(?), and now he's middle-aged with a LOT on his plate. I don't believe any of us know even 1/16th of the recognition Maynard lives by. That's not an excuse for any of his reported poor manners/behaviors, but just a reminder that yOu DoN't KnOw what that has been like after many years, for him (who, as a person, you don't actually know to begin with). And, to reiterate myself: you don't know if there are positive interactions people could speak to in their dealing with Maynard (unless you were one of those lucky ones :P).

I'd absolutely imagine, particularly for some people, fame for the most part simply wears you straight thin... I know I wouldn't want it.

Nothing else to dissect. Maynard's not your friend. Neither is your neighborhood waste collection worker.
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-22-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    I always thought the whole "I'm not your friend, I'm not your god, think for yourself" thing was part of the show, and part of the statement, MJK was making.

At Lollapalooza 96 or 97, in dallas, he said "this song is just for you, because you're so special. Also, t shirts are available on the concourse," or something along those lines, and then, launched into hooker with a penis.

it was an ironic statement on consumerism and celebrity worship, and, was especially funny because it went over everyone's head, I think.

I actually LIKE some of the arrogance.

I just liked it better when I thought all the butt sex stuff was just metaphor. I think there's still SOME metaphor to it, but, yeah.
    And I'm not trying to disparage butt sex, either- I just found it to be a bit more witty before I read a certain groupie forum.

Aside from that, I'm actually fine with MJK. That book he put out added a lot of insight.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    You guys ever see these pics of MJK as Charles Manson?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Bear in mind one of my good friends dumped his gf last week because she hated the new Tool songs.....I have first-hand experience with obsessive Tool fans

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Tool

Bear in mind one of my good friends dumped his gf last week because she hated the new Tool songs.....I have first-hand experience with obsessive Tool fans
    My wife hates EVERY Tool song. She also hates APC, Metallica, Ghost, and most of NIN. Should I get a divorce? Lol

(There are certainly bands we both enjoy)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    My wife hates EVERY Tool song. She also hates APC, Metallica, Ghost, and most of NIN. Should I get a divorce? Lol

(There are certainly bands we both enjoy)
    my wife hates every band I like... the weirdo lol. I love her for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Same boat. She also hates my musical tastes. With new Tool and Opeth within weeks of release, I would say she'll hate me well before the leaves fall. Oh well, I have to listen to her generic garbage enough. She can get over it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    You guys ever see these pics of MJK as Charles Manson?

Uh, holy shit. He looks dead on like Mikael Åkerfeldt in that photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Every time I click into the thread I’m hoping there’s news of an official song release. Surely has to be close, right?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Every time I click into the thread I’m hoping there’s news of an official song release. Surely has to be close, right?
    For the sake of this thread, I sure hope so.

So, I'm going to go ahead and declare the battle of MJK a draw. Nobody won. Let's get things back on topic now that we all have it out of our system and never do this again. Okay?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post

So, I'm going to go ahead and declare the battle of MJK a draw. Nobody won. Let's get things back on topic now that we all have it out of our system and never do this again. Okay?

Oh you know we're gonna have this conversation again, I'm betting in less than 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    My ex was the same, she hated every band I liked. Come to think of it, she hated everything I enjoyed.

That, my friends, is why she is my ex
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 05-22-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    I remember when i found NIN years ago. My husband would say Trent was faking his emotion, was all just for show, etc. I even played for him London 1994 Something I Can Never Have (I think that is what prompted that response...). Then he came with me on a road trip in 2013 to sit out all day and get on the rail in the GA pit for 5 concerts. Is it okay to admit that I really enjoyed when shortly thereafter, he admitted he was wrong? He's a huge NIN fan now.

Nowadays, it seems sort of the opposite. He likes a bunch of bands but I get stuck on one for years (like NIN for 12 years, or, now, Tool since last summer) and rarely play anything else (drives him nuts, he hates listening to the same thing over and over). When I "discovered" the greatness of Puscifer last year and shared with him that I maybe had found a band I could love *almost* as much as NIN, he basically said that he had shown me Puscifer a year earlier and I had no interest (which in all fairness really I was just into NIN for so long). So, he already liked Puscifer when I got heavily into that (and we went to Jerome, AZ when we saw NIN in Phoenix in September last year). Then, when I broke down and finally (long story) listened to Tool (because I got into Maynard via Puscifer), well....thank goodness, he was equally on board with that too. Last week, he drove us through MN, IA, IL (detour), MO, KS (detour), and NE for 4 Tool concerts. So, I am really lucky.

Now, it's sort of a joke about which band he currently listens to that I am going to "find" in 10 years and think is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe (sigh) I should be more open to what music he likes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    lol at the people in the comments saying how much Justin looks like Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead: @elevenism

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    That right there is a lucky woman. If he's dumb enough to dump someone for that reason, she's lucky to be rid of him sooner than later.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post

Hold up YOU dont get to come in here and end it now!!! (m)jk jk jk jk

On the topic of wives hating music, my wife hates most of my musical tastes except The Black Queen who she LOVES. Im ok with that.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Hold up YOU dont get to come in here and end it now!!! (m)jk jk jk jk

On the topic of wives hating music, my wife hates most of my musical tastes except The Black Queen who she LOVES. Im ok with that.
    WTF does that have to do with Tool? (okay, I realize my last post was a bit of a drift so yeah, pot meet kettle).

Now for the love of god let's keep this thread on track before it gets locked until August.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Let’s speculate the album title. Back to single word again or more? Or self-titled?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Let’s speculate the album title. Back to single word again or more? Or self-titled?
    Formerdorothy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    4,868 Days

Because by the way, on August 30th, it will have been 4,868 fucking days since the last Tool album. Jesus.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I vote for Bethlehem Abortion Clinic.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It will be named “Puscifer”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    August 30th is my birthday. OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    August 30th is my birthday. OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD
    August 30th is everybody's birthday this year.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    August 30th is everybody's birthday this year.
    Party at Amoeba?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Party at Amoeba?
    Ænima’s for everyone!