Page 127 of 263 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Had anyone been to Rockville? I'm wondering what the VIP viewing area is like.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    yes...about 4yrs ago. Jax is a terrible city, im not too picky but it's not good. I had VIP, it was pretty generic at the time - viewing area was standard off to the side of the main stage a small area to stand with aluminum bleachers setup behind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don’t know what it is, but I dig some of these reaction video channels. I’m not at all religious but I find it interesting to see their point of view. (Lost in Vegas is the other one I watch, they’ve done, and love tool/APC)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Okay, there's also one at Chicago Open Air (which is only a car ride for me, rather than the expense of flying to the FL festival). I could buy tix to this one and still go to stand alone concerts, if some are announced. It looks like this photo shows the VIP section for some previous year. https://mythoughtsideasandramblings....2.22.56-PM.png . It's really quite far to the side. But given that festivals are so terrible, maybe that's the best it can be without having to try to fight my way close up front in the middle. I don't know. If it's terrible viewing, I can presumably leave VIP and go stand in regular. I just want to go to my first Tool concert so badly!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Okay, there's also one at Chicago Open Air (which is only a car ride for me, rather than the expense of flying to the FL festival). I could buy tix to this one and still go to stand alone concerts, if some are announced. It looks like this photo shows the VIP section for some previous year. https://mythoughtsideasandramblings....2.22.56-PM.png . It's really quite far to the side. But given that festivals are so terrible, maybe that's the best it can be without having to try to fight my way close up front in the middle. I don't know. If it's terrible viewing, I can presumably leave VIP and go stand in regular. I just want to go to my first Tool concert so badly!
    Word on the street is they're playing the Epicenter festival in North Carolina May 10-12 as well. I feel like such a huge chump for rushing out and buying non refundable VIP tickets to Sonic Temple in a complete panic last week when I saw they were nearly sold out of all tiers. I said to myself "wait for Chicago Open air or not" and I didn't... if COA has Tool and SOAD I'm going to be pretty upset.

I think the headliners are weaksauce for Sonic Temple, but it has a killer undercard. Quite the opposite for Welcome to rockville. I think the headliners steal the show, but the rest is just kind of Meh. I'm worried that COA is going to be the best of both worlds, and Chicago is much easier to fly to than Columbus as well. Dammit. Guess I'll just be happy with what I picked.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm worried that COA is going to be the best of both worlds
    ehh, i wouldnt be sold on that thought...its only two days (compared to 3 for the others) so unless they just take the best of the best i doubt that happens. riot fest could feasibly steal one/two of those top headliners (and its a much better fest). that venue, along with being in bridgeview pretty much sucks.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    ehh, i wouldnt be sold on that thought...its only two days (compared to 3 for the others) so unless they just take the best of the best i doubt that happens. riot fest could feasibly steal one/two of those top headliners (and its a much better fest). that venue, along with being in bridgeview pretty much sucks.
    Ooohh... COA is only 2 days? I did not know that. Sounds like they won't have as many bands on the bill though, but you know the old saying... quality over quantity.
    I don't know a single band in the last 5 rows of Sonic Temple, but I started YouTubbing some of them last night to try and find some hidden gems to justify my purchase, as I have a sneaking suspicion that COA or Epicenter will blow it out of the water.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So does this slew of festival appearances make anyone else suspect we’re looking at a Q1 release? I’d say it puts it slightly ahead of 10,000 Days in terms of tour dates in relation to a release date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    TOOL at Epicenter for those that don't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    So does this slew of festival appearances make anyone else suspect we’re looking at a Q1 release? I’d say it puts it slightly ahead of 10,000 Days in terms of tour dates in relation to a release date.
    I believe all these festival dates are a hint that this is going to start their tour for the new album. I love all the comments in social media sites where TOOL keeps posting about headlining these festivals. People are like "fuck tool, id they don't release new music I'm done with them" It's like, relax guys... the album is out next year. It's already been confirmed. There is no way they'd be playing these shows otherwise.

I think maybe a Q2 release is in the cards. April or May. June at the very latest and these could be some warm up shows leading to the record release. But a new single/song will 100% be out before these festivals kick off, that I am willing to bet on.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    TOOL at Epicenter for those that don't already know.

I believe all these festival dates are a hint that this is going to start their tour for the new album. I love all the comments in social media sites where TOOL keeps posting about headlining these festivals. People are like "fuck tool, id they don't release new music I'm done with them" It's like, relax guys... the album is out next year. It's already been confirmed. There is no way they'd be playing these shows otherwise.

I think maybe a Q2 release is in the cards. April or May. June at the very latest and these could be some warm up shows leading to the record release. But a new single/song will 100% be out before these festivals kick off, that I am willing to bet on.
    I’m just basing this on the 10k Days release which saw Vicarious in April, the album dropping in May, a mini tour in the US, and a European tour before coming back to the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Tickets go on sale Friday. So now that our suspicions have been proven true, I have a question (it's probably a dumb question, but I haven't been to a ton of festivals):
    In regards to tickets, when they say "bowl," are they referring to the seats surrounding the GA standing area? And I assume that the "feild" tickets are for the GA/standing area in the center and in front of the stage. Can someone please confirm that for me so I don't buy the wrong tickets?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    In regards to tickets, when they say "bowl," are they referring to the seats surrounding the GA standing area? And I assume that the "feild" tickets are for the GA/standing area in the center and in front of the stage. Can someone please confirm that for me so I don't buy the wrong tickets?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I’m pretty sure you got it right. If you go look at pictures of that soccer stadium you’ll see that the “seats” in the bowl are just benches and apparently it’s first come first served. Field would be just that- the grassy area the players play on.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The one day VIP price seems high. I wish Tool would announce a normal US tour so I could skip this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The one day VIP price seems high. I wish Tool would announce a normal US tour so I could skip this.

Yeah, if they're coming to MN, I'd probably just catch them here and skip this festival (although it's REALLY tempting to catch them and Ghost at the same show). With my luck, they'll announce a tour that skips right over MN, though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Okay, I haven't been a Tool fan long, so if this sort of shitpost is not appreciated here let me know. But, I saw this one on reddit and thought it was one of the best I'd seen. https://i.redd.it/7br3aejjop321.jpg

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ok I lol’d

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Wow. I saw Tool with The Prodigy in like 97. Interesting.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Last edited by Krazy; 12-12-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Are festival tix typically available on reseller sites? I ask because I don't think these are sold via ticketmaster. I don't go to many, and I am thinking to not buy COA tix and then if Tool does not do a non-festival tour, to pick up COA later via a resale site.

Edit: Maybe I should have checked that popular reseller site before I asked the question. There are apparently some there already, as a presale is already happening (discussed on reddit).

Edit2: So, on Seat Geek it shows the VIP as extended to the middle of the stage, which is not at all what the COA website shows (which is the VIP barely touching the end of the right side of the stage). Does anyone happen to know how far the VIP section goes?
    Last edited by sinspots; 12-12-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Are festival tix typically available on reseller sites? I ask because I don't think these are sold via ticketmaster. I don't go to many, and I am thinking to not buy COA tix and then if Tool does not do a non-festival tour, to pick up COA later via a resale site.
    Given the amount of extremely negative comments on their Facebook posts (nearly every comment is ripping them apart) since they announced the lineup, I don't think you have to worry about COA selling out for quite a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    COA is taking place at Seatgeek Stadium so they are the original source for all the tickets. Certainly not the norm but between the price, the shortened line-up, the odd on sale, and reserved bowl seats COA seems determined to kill this fest before it even (re)starts.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Hole View Post
    COA is taking place at Seatgeek Stadium so they are the original source for all the tickets.
    I'm confused. What do you mean by this? That the stadium sets the prices for the festival's tickets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just that the stadium is named after the ticket reselling company so instead of using Ticketmaster or the like to sell their tickets COA is using seatgeek.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’m assuming these tickets will be available through Livenation since their logo is right in the poster.

Anyways, SeatGeek only has the naming rights to the stadium. It was Toyota Park up until very recently- go to Google Maps, it doesn’t even recognize SeatGeek Stadium yet.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, if they're coming to MN, I'd probably just catch them here and skip this festival (although it's REALLY tempting to catch them and Ghost at the same show). With my luck, they'll announce a tour that skips right over MN, though.
    Hoping a similar lineup will be announced for Northern Invasion in WI but I'm not getting my hopes up. Much better scene at Somerset than a football field? I saw Tool & APC there last year and loved it. Last year the announcement was on Feb. 7th. Myself and a few friends are going to wait for that announcement before getting these tickets (holy shit VIP prices...). Somerset offers camping and a much better layout for concerts. If no Northern Invasion, we'll make the short trip for this mini-festival.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was looking into rumors on Northern Invasion. I think I was reading the comments in the FB page for Northern Invasion. The promoter had not officially confirmed it on the page, but people were posting screenshots of messages with the promoter (or someone else that had some authority) saying it was not happening in 2019. I hope that info was wrong though, as I would be looking to go to Somerset also.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Hoping a similar lineup will be announced for Northern Invasion in WI but I'm not getting my hopes up. Much better scene at Somerset than a football field? I saw Tool & APC there last year and loved it. Last year the announcement was on Feb. 7th. Myself and a few friends are going to wait for that announcement before getting these tickets (holy shit VIP prices...). Somerset offers camping and a much better layout for concerts. If no Northern Invasion, we'll make the short trip for this mini-festival.
    I also saw Tool & APC at Northern Invasion earlier this year (it was in 2018) and I loved it too, but I doubt they'd play it two years in a row.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I also saw Tool & APC at Northern Invasion earlier this year (it was in 2018) and I loved it too, but I doubt they'd play it two years in a row.
    Haha you're right. That was this year. I've seen Tool a lot, too many times to keep them all straight. You're probably right about not playing the same festival two years in a row but I'm still keeping watch. System of a Down would fit right in at Northern Invasion. I'll be going again this year either way.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Haha you're right. That was this year. I've seen Tool a lot, too many times to keep them all straight. You're probably right about not playing the same festival two years in a row but I'm still keeping watch. System of a Down would fit right in at Northern Invasion. I'll be going again this year either way.
    I’d also be interested if Ghost or Foo Fighters were there since they’re on several other festival lineups.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Getting the 2 day pass for Chicago Open Air tomorrow, really excited for this! So many good bands I dont know where to start! (except for the VASTLY overrated In This Moment, but its a festival and I had to sit through the similarly overrated Halestorm at Rock USA this last summer, you have to take the bad with the good!)