Page 151 of 263 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    So Part of Me gets played in KC for the first time in 21 years and I missed out?!?

FUCK
    I recently hit a rough spot and had to sell my tickets, back in January 2016 I also had to sell my tickets the day of do to an ice storm where I lived and I couldn't make the 130 mile trip, so know I've sold kc tool tickets two tours in a row I'm cursed when it comes to tool shows, early in the 2000's it would always sell out before I could get tickets and I just recently became aware of the resale.market a few years ago.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Kinda nervous about Chicago Open Air. Looks like it's supposed to rain and storm on Sunday evening.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Invincible is incredible. It's everything I hoped for. I, more than anything, desired that Maynard would write about getting older and how that feels and maybe a road map for guidance. Invincible is all that.
    Yeah, this song really works for me. It's like all my favorite things about Maynard's projects but with a sonic signature that makes it uniquely Tool.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I was just coming to post that! That was NUTS! I didn’t even pay it any mind, assuming they’d played it more recently than 1998. In the moment, I was just happy to hear it. Holy shit, what a show. Any minor worries I may have had regarding the new material were immediately wiped away, too. These two new songs are SOLID as far as I’m concerned. Glad I waited to hear them in person! Grabbed a show print from the booth, too. So begins another (SIGNIFICANTLY MORE EXPENSIVE) chapter of print collecting, ugh.

I have a feeling we’ll have more dates later in the year/early 2020, and if so, I won’t be able to pass it up.

By the way - briefly got to meet Danny at the signing before the show! Really great dude, and seemed like he was genuinely friendly with every single person he met in line. Managed to get my 10,000 Days vinyl jacket signed, too. New life goal: complete the set with the other signatures, someday. Gonna be a little tricky.
    Isn’t that vinyl a bootleg though?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Kinda nervous about Chicago Open Air. Looks like it's supposed to rain and storm on Sunday evening.
    Yeah I fucking hope not!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Isn’t that vinyl a bootleg though?
    Sure is. But it’s what I’ve got, haha. And it isn’t exactly like I have the choice of getting an official pressing. I’m working with what I’ve got. If an official pressing exists one day I’d gladly buy it, but the powers that be are keeping me from giving them my money for it. *shrug* I’d rather have that signed than the kind of cheap-looking Danny Carey posters that I wasn’t aware would be available at the signing. And it’s not like I didn’t just buy a $113 ticket to see him play live or anything.

Let me have this!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Sure is. But it’s what I’ve got, haha. And it isn’t exactly like I have the choice of getting an official pressing. I’m working with what I’ve got. If an official pressing exists one day I’d gladly buy it, but the powers that be are keeping me from giving them my money for it. *shrug* I’d rather have that signed than the kind of cheap-looking Danny Carey posters that I wasn’t aware would be available at the signing. And it’s not like I didn’t just buy a $113 ticket to see him play live or anything.

Let me have this!
    I meant, it’s cool that he signed it. I know some artists sometimes tend to get apprehensive if they are given a bootleg of something to sign. I’ve personally never seen a physical copy of one, but if the quality is good and he’s signed it that’s awesome.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That show was sick!!! I taped the entire thing, but I won't be able to get it to you guys until next Tuesday when I get home.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I meant, it’s cool that he signed it. I know some artists sometimes tend to get apprehensive if they are given a bootleg of something to sign. I’ve personally never seen a physical copy of one, but if the quality is good and he’s signed it that’s awesome.
    Gotcha! I was a little nervous about it, if I’m being honest. But being in line and seeing countless other people with Tool records they wanted to have signed (along with drum gear and CDs and whatnot, obviously) eased that a little bit. I did ask him first when I finally made it up to him, and he was happy to! I wouldn’t want to have him do that if he wasn’t comfortable with it, which would have been perfectly fine. But he was super friendly. Wish I would have had time to swing by the Sprint Center to get a show print and have THAT signed, like some other people did, but there was no way I could have made it back to the store in time. Next time!

As for imagining meeting MJK whether HE would be down for signing a bootleg record, I’m just going to assume that will never happen. But you never know, I guess!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Maynard gave the crowd premission to pull their phones out during Stinkfist
    https://i.imgur.com/Wf6q65M.gifv

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Gotcha! I was a little nervous about it, if I’m being honest. But being in line and seeing countless other people with Tool records they wanted to have signed (along with drum gear and CDs and whatnot, obviously) eased that a little bit. I did ask him first when I finally made it up to him, and he was happy to! I wouldn’t want to have him do that if he wasn’t comfortable with it, which would have been perfectly fine. But he was super friendly. Wish I would have had time to swing by the Sprint Center to get a show print and have THAT signed, like some other people did, but there was no way I could have made it back to the store in time. Next time!

As for imagining meeting MJK whether HE would be down for signing a bootleg record, I’m just going to assume that will never happen. But you never know, I guess!
    Yeah. For example, this bootleg version of 777 by Danzig... it’s been out forever and an official LP hasn’t ever existed, akin to 10k Days. Someone gave it to him to sign it once and he gave them a weird look, but signed it anyway. Given, the quality of it is awesome. Maybe it comes down to what the artist deems worthy of a signature by how well it’s crafted.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-17-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Wasn’t he doing the same thing with APC during a certain song? Or has it always just been Stinkfist with Tool?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Wasn’t he doing the same thing with APC during a certain song? Or has it always just been Stinkfist with Tool?
    Yeah, for the last song of the show during APC. Just like Stinkfist.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I believe his words in Kansas City were something like “For our last song, I’m giving permission to take out your dumb phones for pictures. Security, stand down. After all, they’re just people being people.”

Up until then, people were getting booted from our section left and right for taking pictures. Signs taped on the back of half the chairs and on every door into the venue. They definitely give people plenty of warning beforehand, so it’s great that he takes the last song to let people do what they wanna do. That didn’t stop me from trying to sneak in one picture of the stage when “Descending” came up mid-show, but I didn’t wanna push my luck, being on the very end of the row.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last year I got yelled at at APC show after taking a picture inside an almost empty venue an hour before the opening band went on and house lights were off. Jeez.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Up until then, people were getting booted from our section left and right for taking pictures. Signs taped on the back of half the chairs and on every door into the venue. They definitely give people plenty of warning beforehand, so it’s great that he takes the last song to let people do what they wanna do. That didn’t stop me from trying to sneak in one picture of the stage when “Descending” came up mid-show, but I didn’t wanna push my luck, being on the very end of the row.
    If Maynard is that concerned about this issue, which he always has been, just use those stupid phone lockout bags like what they do at comedy and orchestral shows. Logistics nightmares, be damned!

Enjoy Des Moines tonight, y'all!
    Last edited by Jon; 05-17-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yeah, for the last song of the show during APC. Just like Stinkfist.
    Most likely trolling, ja?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    If Maynard is that concerned about this issue, which he always has been, just use those stupid phone lockout bags like what they do at comedy and orchestral shows. Logistics nightmares, be damned!

Enjoy Des Moines tonight, y'all!

No, fuck that. That is a fucking safety hazard. What id something like what happened with The Eagles Of DDeath Metal? How am i supposed to call for help? How do i let my family know whats going on? No, thats gonna cause more harm than help

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got a setlist tonight!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BxlzIJYH...d=2qfd17evr3mw

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Adam live-streamed Vicarious from his phone sitting on his amp. It was pretty neat.

Also, it’s super neat to hear how they count out each song. Like, Adam plucks the strings on songs he starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Throw that Bob Marley wannabe motherfucker out of here.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bachy View Post
    ::inhales_helium:: Throw that bob marley wannabe motherfucker out of here. ::exhales_helium::
    ftfy

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Time for Round 2 tonight! I doubt they will play anything that dint get played at Lincoln, but maybe I'll get Intolerance or Part of Me!

I wish Tool would do a heavy album akin to Opiate or some of the stuff on Undertow. Just like 10 quick punches to the face, no songs over 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I didn't start listening to Tool till February 2008 (Also same time I first started listening to NIN). It took until this last weekend for me to fully appreciate Opiate.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I wish Tool would do a heavy album akin to Opiate or some of the stuff on Undertow. Just like 10 quick punches to the face, no songs over 5 minutes.
    I would like that too, sadly i don't think they'll ever return to that era, they are so in love with their "proggy" sound.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I would like that too, sadly i don't think they'll ever return to that era, they are so in love with their "proggy" sound.
    And I love it too, but it would just be nice still

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I feel like 10,000 Days occupies a nice spot between the two for me. Like, The Pot is a nice angry banger even though it’s on the longer side and includes prog elements.

I honestly love 10,000 Days even though I’ve been a fan since I was young as hell. “Rosetta Stoned” might be my favorite Tool song. It had all the elements of the prog, heavy, humor, serious, and gorgeous vocals.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well damn we got Part of Me!

And I just taped Tool again!! I think this one turned out better, I was like 40 feet from the left stack, getting blasted! Here is where I was....

I'll be back home Tuesday, so I'll get my 2 Tool tapes edited, plus System of a Down and Ghost from last night I taped too.

COA kicked ass!!
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 05-21-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The good: The band sounded great, I love the new songs (especially Invincible), and the crowd was cool, for the most part. Great visuals. I also managed to get to an event in Chicago on time and park for free without getting a ticket. Fucking amazing.

Oh and PART OF ME !

The bad: No Parabol (though I get why they didn't play it), no extended versions of songs (Schism or Stinkfist) and no song from Undertow.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I feel like 10,000 Days occupies a nice spot between the two for me. Like, The Pot is a nice angry banger even though it’s on the longer side and includes prog elements.

I honestly love 10,000 Days even though I’ve been a fan since I was young as hell. “Rosetta Stoned” might be my favorite Tool song. It had all the elements of the prog, heavy, humor, serious, and gorgeous vocals.

No wonder why "The Pot" is my favorite from that album.
    Personally i don't want them to follow the 10,000 days direction (but listening to the two singles, it's a fact they will...), but i know that the band from "Undertow" and "Opiate" is long gone...