Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192
Results 5,731 to 5,743 of 5743

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I lost it reading this comment:

That girl on the drums needs more practice.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    "Danny prolly felt weird playing that song with a singer standing in front of him"

Ded

Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    <3
    Source: Reddit
    Good god, can we please not let the Tool subreddit creep into this thread?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'm glad I abandoned physical music....
    First of all: this shit is expensive

But also I ran out of space. After all the movies and games and books and music and special editions of all my favorite things... I'm not one of minimal antimaterialists or anything, but the simplicity of having basically two apps that lets me listen to everything without having to manage data infrastructure and transfers is just.... Sane

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I finally broke down and preordered it. It seems to be rapidly disappearing and the completionist in me is now satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Good god, can we please not let the Tool subreddit creep into this thread?
    No guarantees. Depends on the quality of the memes.

we can go back to bickering over track count and length if you want.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tool sucks.

There you go I said it.

Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    positive review, though not really the greatest writing...

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/re...W1yUGJlS0kHCzU

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    No leaks yet?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Just moved into a new place and started culling some of my collection (while still keeping everything thatís special). Itís hard, but you do appreciate the space it gains you.

Iím reminded of NIN 2005 vs. Tool 2006. Trent said, CDs are dead; everyone downloads; fuck it; hereís a super minimalist CD. Tool said, hereís a CD you canít download or scan; you need special lenses to experience it.

Whether or not you think itís stupid or gimmicky, kudos to a band who finds reasons to make you buy their album beyond simply hoping your conscience makes you buy it instead of just downloading. Granted, $40 is bananas, but I appreciate them not just shrugging and doing something super simple.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    First of all: this shit is expensive

But also I ran out of space. After all the movies and games and books and music and special editions of all my favorite things... I'm not one of minimal antimaterialists or anything, but the simplicity of having basically two apps that lets me listen to everything without having to manage data infrastructure and transfers is just.... Sane
    I totally get that, but I still go both ways.

For example: for casual day to day listening (cooking, cleaning, working on something, etc) I usually just open up Plex or Spotify, connect to my receiver or bluetooth speaker depending on where I am, and stream something.

But I'm also somebody who likes to take the time to do things slowly. It's why I use loose leaf tea and a kettle when I'm not in a hurry. It's why I use charcoal if I'm going to take the time to grill something. It's why I go to the library to get a book I'm interested in instead of just downloading it to my Nook. And in that same regard, it's why I still enjoy taking a physical copy of an album, queuing it up, and sitting down to listen to it. So for me, it's not physical OR digital. It's both, with each having its place in my life.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I personally am a huge fan of digital, like mp3's, but i'm too paranoid to rely on streaming. I've lost internet access enough times over the years to know that if you've got no access, you've got no streaming, and then you've got no entertainment. I'd rather have something that is fully disconnected from the internet and is portable, just in case. I still buy cd's though, because there's nothing like that new insert/booklet smell.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I personally am a huge fan of digital, like mp3's, but i'm too paranoid to rely on streaming. I've lost internet access enough times over the years to know that if you've got no access, you've got no streaming, and then you've got no entertainment. I'd rather have something that is fully disconnected from the internet and is portable, just in case. I still buy cd's though, because there's nothing like that new insert/booklet smell.
    In case youíre not aware, Spotify lets you download, so if you lose internet, you can still listen to anything youíve saved onto your device.

But yes, that aside, I totally get the desire to feel like you actually have something.