Page 240 of 241 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,200 of 7216

Thread: Tool

  1. #7171
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,142
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Damn that’s cool. Wish the songs were more audible a la the Vic Firth “Pneuma” video.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #7172
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,886
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    "Evil Joe" guests on Dean Delray's podcast this week and he has lots of Tool stories (also briefly mentions the NIN/JA recording sessions with Dave Navarro at about 9:40). Sounds like Fear Inoculum is definitely (slowly, painfully slowly) on its way to vinyl:



    The Tool talk starts about 30:00 into the show.
    Last edited by botley; 04-12-2021 at 11:59 AM.

  3. #7173
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,720
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

  4. #7174
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,720
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

  5. #7175
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,142
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    What disappointment are we gearing up for today?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #7176
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,433
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    What disappointment are we gearing up for today?
    Where did you see this? I don't see it on the website. I got an email from Tool Army yesterday (despite the fact that I'm not a member anymore) promising "New Everything – Coming Soon," but I assume it's just another lame merch drop. On the more exciting end of the spectrum, I'm going to guess it could a livestream, similar to what Puscifer has been doing. But I'm gonna guess it's probably more underwhelming than that.

  7. #7177
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,006
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    I hoped that the 2M2LN thing Danny did would have jarred something loose from them but apparently not.

  8. #7178
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    2,474
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Where did you see this? I don't see it on the website. I got an email from Tool Army yesterday (despite the fact that I'm not a member anymore) promising "New Everything – Coming Soon," but I assume it's just another lame merch drop. On the more exciting end of the spectrum, I'm going to guess it could a livestream, similar to what Puscifer has been doing. But I'm gonna guess it's probably more underwhelming than that.
    How is it that Tool can be simultaneously the most OVERwhelming and UNDERwhelming band in existence?

  9. #7179
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hmm if my math is correct (and I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't), that counts down to Friday at 9am eastern time? Kind of telling that it's on the store page, so I'm gonna assume it's garbage nonsense.

  10. #7180
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Whatever it is, it has to be related to this

  11. #7181
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,328
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Whatever it is, it has to be related to this
    Looks like some kind of foam outer packaging to protect something during shipment. Generally the size of something vinyl? I'm ready to be disappointed.

    Edit: or some kind of packaging mock-up.
    Last edited by cdm; 04-20-2021 at 03:40 PM.

  12. #7182
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Monterrey, México
    Posts
    765
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If I had to guess it'll be vinyl preorder for FI and some new shirt designs.

  13. #7183
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,433
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Whatever it is, it has to be related to this
    Yeah, I kinda forgot about that. It COULD be the Fear Inoculum vinyl, but it seemed like that might be a little further away.

  14. #7184
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,886
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, I kinda forgot about that. It COULD be the Fear Inoculum vinyl, but it seemed like that might be a little further away.
    It must be ready by now. They've posted about hearing test pressings, Adam has basically teased the finished package for it... as long as there's enough capacity at the plants for manufacture I can see orders for it going live this weekend.

  15. #7185
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    2,720
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    How come they’re doing a FI vinyl but skipped 10,000 Days on vinyl?

  16. #7186
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,886
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    How come they’re doing a FI vinyl but skipped 10,000 Days on vinyl?
    My guess is that Volcano, which was their label at the time, didn't want to do it on Tool's terms, whereas Sony/RCA (who bought Volcano) were amenable to doing FI the right way. There were rumblings about Bottrill and Massey working on vinyl-specific remasters of the older releases but — as the video you posted above confirms — the repackaging job isn't complete yet. There's no doubt in my mind that Sony would want to go back and do lavish reissues on vinyl, for everything from Opiate up to 10,000 Days, on their Legacy imprint further down the road.
    Last edited by botley; 04-21-2021 at 10:44 AM.

  17. #7187
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,711
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The picture above is pretty clearly a boxset of some kind. I could totally seeing that being just for FI, but I wonder what the chances are it's for a boxset for several/all of their albums? I'm sure the answer to that is "low".

  18. #7188
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,463
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    The picture above is pretty clearly a boxset of some kind. I could totally seeing that being just for FI, but I wonder what the chances are it's for a boxset for several/all of their albums? I'm sure the answer to that is "low".

    Definitely looks like the vinyl set packaging that Pearl Jam uses for their Vault series. Minus the outer sleeve.

    bet it's FI 4xLP

  19. #7189
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,711
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Definitely looks like the vinyl set packaging that Pearl Jam uses for their Vault series. Minus the outer sleeve.

    bet it's FI 4xLP
    4LP seems pretty excessive for an 86 minute record. That could pretty easily all fit on 2LPs, but even giving the sides a little more room to breathe you could get away with 3LPs where one side is an etching.

    For comparison, Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie record is 4LPs and that's like 125 minutes.

  20. #7190
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,662
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    How come they’re doing a FI vinyl but skipped 10,000 Days on vinyl?
    Because they're stupid.

  21. #7191
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,433
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Think the FI vinyl will include the digital-only "segue" tracks (or even a vinyl-exclusive track?!)? If they do a 4xLP (or 3xLP), there should be plenty of room for them. Aside from the obvious things they already did packaging-wise on the CD (vellum, gold foil, spot UV varnish, soft touch coating), think of the cool things they could do with a vinyl. Colored vinyl (including opaque, transparent, splatter, swirl, glow-in-the-dark, etc.), etching... Just hopefully not a picture disc like Lateralus, since they don't sound as good.
    I'd REALLY like to see them do something like this amazing Royal Blood "Zoetrope" vinyl.

  22. #7192
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,463
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    4LP seems pretty excessive for an 86 minute record. That could pretty easily all fit on 2LPs, but even giving the sides a little more room to breathe you could get away with 3LPs where one side is an etching.

    For comparison, Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie record is 4LPs and that's like 125 minutes.
    Valid point. Even if stretched...

    Side A: Fear Inoc
    Side B: Pneuma
    Side C: Litanie > Invincible
    Side D: Legion > Descending
    Side E: Culling > CCT
    Side F: 7empest > Mock

    ...would still fit on 3. thats my ignorance there haha.

    As long as they don't pull a GY!BE and put the segues on random 10" with the main tracks on 12" LPs I will be fine.

    Could def see Mockingbeat having an annoying ass locked groove.


    This is the boxset I was referring to -- looks identical to what Adam posted (again, minus the outer casing)

  23. #7193
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,145
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    What disappointment are we gearing up for today?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would laugh if it's NFTs lol.

  24. #7194
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,711
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    This is the boxset I was referring to -- looks identical to what Adam posted (again, minus the outer casing)
    Yeah that's exactly what the picture looks like. Couldn't think of an example that uses that type of packaging, but I know I've seen it before.

  25. #7195
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,142
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I would laugh if it's NFTs lol.
    Don’t even put that out into the universe


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #7196
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    www.shop.musictoday.com/dept/tool-band?cp=84119_95276_109388

    Hope you're excited about face masks and shot glasses.

  27. #7197
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,711
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    lol fuck this band

  28. #7198
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,328
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Why the fuck would you put a countdown clock on your store for fucking masks, glassware, and a few blankets??? It's a constant troll. These fuckin guys.

  29. #7199
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,433
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Lol – I KNEW it was just going to be another boring merch drop.

  30. #7200
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ironic to be selling masks when you’ve had Covid twice.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions