Page 238 of 263 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,140 of 7885

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    New album? New ep? DVD release? Rarities release? Live show release(s)?

I'm sure they have tons of stuff in the vaults. Maybe we'll finally get to hear it...
    Extended/new version of Opiate single?

lol. Delays delays.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Extended/new version of Opiate single?
    The Pot video.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just put out Fear Inoculum on vinyl already!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Someone at the ToolArmy comments pointed this link out: https://store.toolband.com/collectio...eam-promotions I'm guessing (but can't confirm) that the link is new.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Whatever it turns out to be won't be as exciting as what anyone is thinking of.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Oh I can't WAIT to see what these guys deem fair pricing for livestream shows....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Oh I can't WAIT to see what these guys deem fair pricing for livestream shows....
    $500 VIP package with Zoom chat with Adam, Justin and Danny for 1 hour!*

*Maynard not available.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    You have to buy the deluxe package if you want to sit within 20 feet of your TV.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Mockingbeat (Extended Mix).

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    A blanket/quilt cover made up of Maynard’s ass hair, Danny’s hair and Adam and Justin’s beard. All neatly woven.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    In a perfect world, livestream with exclusive merch, Fear Inoculum on vinyl, and new material that Danny alluded to in a recent interview.

But of course it's not a perfect world, so I'd assume the livestream will be $750, the merch will be a tote bag and branded dog collar, the vinyl will never happen, and the new material will be Chocolate Chip Trip 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Probably a 4 song digital EP of Fear Inoculum songs remixed by Puscifer

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    "We're releasing an Instagram filter overlay and if you upload a picture of yourself using it, you get 5% off Tool's next album (TBA 2031... while supplies last)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Well it's def. gonna be a ton more shows once it's smart to announce such things. They had alot of touring still lined up behind that last snoozefest.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They shouldn't have even said anything until they're ready to actually announce it. Like @allegate said above, people will speculate wildly and dream up all these amazing possibilities and the actual truth will no doubt fall short of fans' hopes & expectations and feel underwhelming by the time these "things" are revealed. Then Tool fans will do what they do best and bitch about it, probably blame Maynard for some reason. You'd think they would have learned this lesson by now...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    You'd think they would have learned this lesson by now...
    is the 'they' in your statement the band or the fans? because either way it's still a true statement.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    is the 'they' in your statement the band or the fans? because either way it's still a true statement.
    I was referring to the band. How many times have they teased a mysterious surprise that never materialized? I've lost count. But yes, it works in both cases.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    They shouldn't have even said anything until they're ready to actually announce it. Like @allegate said above, people will speculate wildly and dream up all these amazing possibilities and the actual truth will no doubt fall short of fans' hopes & expectations and feel underwhelming by the time these "things" are revealed. Then Tool fans will do what they do best and bitch about it, probably blame Maynard for some reason. You'd think they would have learned this lesson by now...
    If anything is true, it's that here on ETS it's assumed we're all just bullshitting. We'll hope and joke and just make conversation, and when something occurs we'll discuss it and move on to the next.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Throwing my speculation out there that it'll be a vinyl repress of the existing catalogue with something spicey thrown in for the whales.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    If it is indeed a vinyl release, I'll be all over it. My collection has risen exponentially since last year.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    $500 vinyl boxset
    $800 deluxe vinyl boxset

$35 "live" stream (audio only w/ watermark)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    $100 for limited 1/1000 press 45 - a side Maynard's Dick (demo version) b side L.A.M.C. (extended cut)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to say a studio version of "You Lied" followed by a bottle of the latest wine to be released from Caduceus.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Now that everyone fired their best jokes... what I really think is that it's gonna be something live performance-related, since the message specifically addressed the lack of touring. Maybe a full live performance of Fear Inoculum, like MJK did with Puscifer. As for the other thing (note the plural), I hope it's a proper video for any FI song.

I think it's still too soon for any actual new music (even if Danny said they've got many undeveloped leftovers from the last album), and if it's anything merch- or vinyl-related then I don't care about it, therefore it's not that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I’m gonna cross my fingers for the Opiate video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Now that everyone fired their best jokes... what I really think is that it's gonna be something live performance-related, since the message specifically addressed the lack of touring. Maybe a full live performance of Fear Inoculum, like MJK did with Puscifer. As for the other thing (note the plural), I hope it's a proper video for any FI song.

I think it's still too soon for any actual new music (even if Danny said they've got many undeveloped leftovers from the last album), and if it's anything merch- or vinyl-related then I don't care about it, therefore it's not that.
    after reading about the production of FI and the last Pearl Jam album I'm kind of disillusioned to the recording process because they make it sound like a puzzle that you put together of bits and pieces instead of actually writing a song. you can actually hear the cut and paste effect in a couple of the Pearl Jam songs because it's such a pastiche at times.

But also I hope for the full live performance...though maybe leave out the chocolate chips, yeah?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    But also I hope for the full live performance...though maybe leave out the chocolate chips, yeah?
    As long as it features folksy spoken-word interludes from Justin similar to his role on the last Primus "album"
    Last edited by AndItKeepsRepeating; 03-09-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I’m gonna cross my fingers for the Opiate video
    Would love an extended Blu Ray version for "Salival" (with the Opiate video) and a CD.

A man can dream, right?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    or even release those two DVD singles with non-mangled audio.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Exclusive merch release for Tool Army members tomorrow at 12pm PST.