Page 150 of 263 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 250 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I bought mine off StubHub, two orders (some other people ended up wanting to go). They’re on my phone. One of the orders I can print the tickets.

Surprised your ticket wasnt available right when you bought it. I mean, it’s electronic so that seems odd you would have to wait for it more than a few days (once it clears payment). You sure you can’t get it from their ticket site?
    I got mine thru the SeatGeek that was linked on the official website.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So I realize this will sound a little lame. But I'm at my first Tool concert, and I can just feel that this is going to be the second most important musical experience in my life (after everything NIN).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I cried the first time I saw em

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I cried the first time I saw em
    Thats only because you had a bad trip and ended up in the ER.

EDIT: speaking of, just saw this comment on 4theye and it’s pretty funny, regarding a cancelled show in the land of Kangaroos: “The funniest part about that was on a now defunct live Australian music forum the first comment under the cancelled show was 'I just dropped acid half an hour ago, wtf do I do now'”

http://fourtheye.net/f/viewtopic.php...tart=12975#top

Last edited by Krazy; 05-13-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thats only because you had a bad trip and ended up in the ER.
    Nah, I dint try that until 2006 and I had a great time. Fuckin Rosetta Stoned man, when they had the image mirrored from the screens projected on the floor of the stage itself.

Next concert I went to was Mastodon, and I took too much and had a TERRIBLE time! No er but Jesus it's hard to enjoy the music when all you can hear is voices all around you!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Nah, I dint try that until 2006 and I had a great time. Fuckin Rosetta Stoned man, when they had the image mirrored from the screens projected on the floor of the stage itself.

Next concert I went to was Mastodon, and I took too much and had a TERRIBLE time! No er but Jesus it's hard to enjoy the music when all you can hear is voices all around you!
    You get your ticket situation figured out yet?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Not yet, I was gonna try tomorrow though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I logged into their app and it's telling me the same thing, tickets will be available before the event

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So, unfortunately, I was planning on going to tonight’s show and couldn’t make it happen.

But THEN they announced a bunch of reserve tickets on the floor and I couldn’t resist the bait. So I got myself a floor seat directly next to the mixing booth and HOLY SHIT I CANT BELIEVE I’M SEEING TOOL. Gonna try to catch Danny Carey’s autograph signing before the show, too. Fuck work, fuck credit card debt. This is my late birthday present, heh.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-14-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    So, unfortunately, I was planning on going to tonight’s show and couldn’t make it happen.

But THEN they announced a bunch of reserve tickets on the floor and I couldn’t resist the bait. So I got myself a floor seat directly next to the mixing booth and HOLY SHIT I CANT BELIEVE I’M SEEING TOOL. Gonna try to catch a Danny Carey’s autograph signing before the show, too. Fuck work, fuck credit card debt. This is my late birthday present, heh.
    Congrats! In six months, one year, five years, you'll have no recollection of the cost of the ticket or the temporary debt it put you in, but the memory will still be bringing you joy.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Random note:

Descending reminds me a lot of Spoiler: Right in Two

and Invincible reminds of mid-to-late 80's/early 90's Spoiler: Rush but I can't put my finger on which specific song or album. The guitar bit sound very similar to what Alex Lifeson was doing during that period and Maynard's vocals sound a bit (melodically) like how Geddy would sing in that period.

Only put the spoiler warning in case anyone wants to go into the studio version as newborn as possible.

EDIT: Random note 2: If these idiots dont put out studio version soon, Im going to end up juxtaposing these iphone recorded live versions to the studio versions in favor of the iphone recorded versions. ughhh.
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 05-14-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ooof you gotta make money though, concerts aren't cheap!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Congrats! In six months, one year, five years, you'll have no recollection of the cost of the ticket or the temporary debt it put you in, but the memory will still be bringing you joy.
    Exactly. It’s the same reason I hit 5 NIN shows last year. No regrets! And this’ll be my preferred way to hear the new songs - in person, in real time, the way they’re intended. CAN’T WAIT!

Edit: Print is obtained! SO HYPE.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-14-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Ooof you gotta make money though, concerts aren't cheap!
    Has Tool ever not sold out a show? I know every time in the past decade I've tried to get tickets by refreshing TicketMaster at 10:00:01am they're immediately sold out... It's not like they needed some huge assistance with getting butts into seats.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Has Tool ever not sold out a show? I know every time in the past decade I've tried to get tickets by refreshing TicketMaster at 10:00:01am they're immediately sold out... It's not like they needed some huge assistance with getting butts into seats.
    No shit! I'm ALWAYS on TicketBastard at 9:59 logged in and prepared, but the ONLY time I've ever had floor tickets for Tool is at a festival (which doesn't really count because it's GA and everyone is on the floor) and in 2010 (when they first started having chairs on the floor, so also doesn't quite count). I hope they announce a fall tour with a MN date and that I can get floor tickets. But I guess they're still doing seats in the pit, aren't they? I guess that ship has sailed...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    depends what you mean by sell out. For the past 10 or so years, I have never seen a show not sell out via online ticket sales. Throughout that timeframe, there are many instances where scalpers lost a lot of money by not being able to move tickets at a profit as the show comes closer.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Don’t be “that guy” that brings a whole stack of CDs to an hour-long PACKED autograph signing. Just don’t.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Over the past decade there were two shows I went to that still had tickets for sale at the time of the show via the ticket site. Planet Hollywood in Vegas in 2010, and Little Rock a few years back. The Vegas show I nearly gave away two tickets- was sure it would've been a sell out so I snagged some better seats after the original purchase. Couldn't resell them on Stubhub basically asking for what I paid for them. Ended up selling them for about half of what I paid for right before the show outside the entrance. Tickets were still kinda/sorta cheap back then though, not your average $120 plus fees like the past 6 years or so. Couldn'r resist the Little Rock show- got floor seats basically right in the middle for under face from Stubhub and used airline miles and hotel points since I travel for work all the time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    If the albums show up on hdtracks as actual HD tracks and not just 16/44 flacs I'll be happy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Maynard sounds pretty damned good here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    O hai, tool just nonchalantly dusts off a song not played in some 20 years and makes it sound like they never lost a beat.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    God, I hope they play Part of Me at Chicago Open Air. He really does sound great in that video! I've LOVE to witness that. I know its a festival and their slot is only 80 minutes, but I hope they at least play Part of Me (or sweat), Intolerance, Invincible, and Descending. The others I've seen pretty much every time I've seen them, though I do LOVE Ænema, The Pot, Parabol/Parabola, Schism, Jambi, Forty-Six & 2, Vicarious, and Stinkfist. I'd also love to see them bring back H. or Prison Sex.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    O hai, tool just nonchalantly dusts off a song not played in some 20 years and makes it sound like they never lost a beat.
    I was just coming to post that! That was NUTS! I didn’t even pay it any mind, assuming they’d played it more recently than 1998. In the moment, I was just happy to hear it. Holy shit, what a show. Any minor worries I may have had regarding the new material were immediately wiped away, too. These two new songs are SOLID as far as I’m concerned. Glad I waited to hear them in person! Grabbed a show print from the booth, too. So begins another (SIGNIFICANTLY MORE EXPENSIVE) chapter of print collecting, ugh.

I have a feeling we’ll have more dates later in the year/early 2020, and if so, I won’t be able to pass it up.

By the way - briefly got to meet Danny at the signing before the show! Really great dude, and seemed like he was genuinely friendly with every single person he met in line. Managed to get my 10,000 Days vinyl jacket signed, too. New life goal: complete the set with the other signatures, someday. Gonna be a little tricky.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So for 2019 it looks like we lost Opiate, Sweat, and Third Eye. We gained Part of Me, Invincible, and Descending (full)

If that is the case, I will mourn Opiate and it's epic extended middle section.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Maynard sounds pretty damned good here.

He sounded GREAT in KC! During St Louis (my first Tool concert) I was a bit high but I left there thinking hey he didn't do the Vicariously I part, so I was making it a point to watch for it in KC and he did it. Only after reading threads did I realize he usually doesn't do it anymore ever, and I got a super treat getting to hear it in KC (plus Part of Me).

Anyhow, yes seeing Tool was everything I imagined. I wish I could put it to words (alcohol and this dive bar in Lincoln NE isn't helping). I expect I'll have something perhaps more reflective to say at the end of Des Moines.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's a pretty extreme level of surprise that there is literally listanable new material and it isn't awful like the last APC. I'm also surprised at how in line it sounds with the last two albumd

I saw the names of the new tracks, and so firmly believe they would never follow through that I assumed they were some remixes or b sides I just hadn't heard of

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It's a pretty extreme level of surprise that there is literally listanable new material and it isn't awful like the last APC. I'm also surprised at how in line it sounds with the last two albumd

I saw the names of the new tracks, and so firmly believe they would never follow through that I assumed they were some remixes or b sides I just hadn't heard of
    Invincible is incredible. It's everything I hoped for. I, more than anything, desired that Maynard would write about getting older and how that feels and maybe a road map for guidance. Invincible is all that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Anyone else going to the show in Lincoln tonight? I'll be there.

Vacation starts today!!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone else going to the show in Lincoln tonight? I'll be there.

Vacation starts today!!
    No, but holy shit there’s some cheap tickets on StubHub right now- damn! Have fun dude.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So Part of Me gets played in KC for the first time in 21 years and I missed out?!?

FUCK