Page 221 of 263 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,630 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Imagine being so money hungry you sign some magazines, have some company grade them and then charge SEVEN HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS for them.
    Normally that would make me mad, but Morrissey recently signing other artist’s records (Bowie, Iggy, etc), and selling them for $300 a pop can’t really be topped: https://www.nme.com/news/music/morri...elling-2561658

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I have never managed to get a single setlist of any show/tour I have been to from ANY band in my 20 some years of going to shows, lol.
    I’ve gotten NIN and New Order set lists. Maybe Gary Numan too, can’t remember.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Imagine being so money hungry you sign some magazines, have some company grade them and then charge SEVEN HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS for them.
    What’s this referencing? Are there signed Tool magazines out there going for over $700?...

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I have never managed to get a single setlist of any show/tour I have been to from ANY band in my 20 some years of going to shows, lol.
    Same here. Never even saw one in person actually and not sure what the big deal is of actually getting them. Not even sure where they come from. ::shrug::

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

Same here. Never even saw one in person actually and not sure what the big deal is of actually getting them. Not even sure where they come from. ::shrug::
    About setlists, I fucking love them!!!!! I've gotten a ton from smaller bands over the years. Sometimes I would wait at the buses for the bands to sign them too. As to the question about where the come from, every person in stage usually has one so they know the songs and order of what they are playing. I need to break out my old scrapbook,lol. I also love getting the official show schedules (saying when and where bands play and curfews and next tour stop info) from bands if lucky enough. I have been close enough to see them many of time and is the reason a perfect drug was not on the setlist in denver as it would have spoiled it when the front row people seen the set. I also might even say setlists are one of my favorite suverners cause they are free (although limited to band members and soundboard), where used and came from the band
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 11-04-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    What’s this referencing? Are there signed Tool magazines out there going for over $700?...
    https://www.facebook.com/ToolMusic/p...type=3&theater

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yep, that’s just dumb.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    12+ years of concert-going: 0 setlists, 0 guitar picks, but I've got a drumstick once (Guano Apes show).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Tool

I’ve never got a setlist (though my wife did when I was with her at a show), but I’ve got like 10 guitar picks over the years (Metallica x3, Alice In Chains x2, Smashing Pumpkins, A Perfect Circle, Pennywise x2, & probably another I’m forgetting). BUT, the fact that all 750 posters at the Chicago show sold out within the first 5-10 minutes (even with a 2 per person limit!!) is fucking infuriating, though. Fuck people who buy them to flip them. Those pieces of shit are the scum of the Earth.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    BUT, the fact that all 750 posters at the Chicago show sold out within the first 5-10 minutes (even with a 2 per person limit!!) is fucking infuriating, though. Fuck people who buy them to flip them. Those pieces of shit are the scum of the Earth.
    VIP probably takes about 300/750 alone.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Alright... Got 3/3 concerts. So I'm pretty happy, lol.

Edit: Also, the setlist for tonight, Chicago, is wrong. They flipped Invincible and 46&2.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Thumbs down for them misspelling Ćnema.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Cincinnati was fire tonight. Easily one of the loudest shows I’ve been to, or maybe my ears are just really feeling the burn by this age. Loud being not necessarily a good thing.

I stayed away from spoilers completely, so the whole thing was special. I’d no idea about anything at all...not even the stage layout or curtain thing. Hot damn, “Pneuma” + its light show melted my face off. That song played live should win over anybody!

We got “Descending”, which I’ve now read up on is a variable song on the tour.

I thought Adam was more into things than I had seen before. Even if it’s just swaying back and forth, or like leaning back and doing big rock & roll strums. He stood right by Justin throughout the whole beginning of “Jambi” (so fortunate to have got that on this tour, best song on 10kD, hands down), facing the crowd, then directed the audience to Justin by pointing a finger at his head just as that one bass spotlight part comes in. The guys sure looked to be having fun.

Justin, of course, was so animated throughout (in his own way), one time bringing me to a huge smile and some laughter.

Also, I recorded audio of the full show. It’s listenable as is. I was seated low in section 101 (long story for how I was upgraded from the original nosebleed ticket I bought), just right enough of center with no beam obstruction, arguably the best spot in the place. I’ll have to remember who I turn the recording in to...some Tool bootleg site.
    Last edited by Amaro; 11-06-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    I’ll have to remember who I turn the recording in to...some Tool bootleg site.
    http://www.tooldriveproject.net/Contact/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll finally be seeing Tool later today, after a few failed attempts. In 2006 when they came here I was 15 years old and jobless, so I was broke. In 2012 a friend of mine in Detroit had a spare ticket for me for a Toledo show, but I didn't want to drive across the entire state alone in the snow. So now finally in 2019 I'll be seeing them. Was a pretty good year for concerts for me, I also saw Wu-Tang Clan doing 36 Chambers, Mastodon doing Crack the Skye with Coheed and Cambria and finally saw Iron Maiden this year.

I'm a bit disappointed Cincy got Descending because now we're going to get The Pot instead tonight. The Pot is boring.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed Cincy got Descending because now we're going to get The Pot instead tonight. The Pot is boring.
    You'll also get either of Intolerance/Part of Me though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm definitely hoping for Intolerance.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    Yeah I'm definitely hoping for Intolerance.
    I saw them play Part of Me at Chicago Open Air back in May and Intolerance in Chicago last Sunday. Both were fucking awesome, you can’t lose between the two. I’ve also seen Descending twice – once as the early instrumental version & once as the full version with lyrics – and I have to say I agree, I’d prefer it over The Pot as well. The Pot is a great song, but I’ve seen it like 6 times, I’d rather see the full version of Descending again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    The Pot is a great song, but I’ve seen it like 6 times, I’d rather see the full version of Descending again.
    I agree. I was lucky to see Descending this spring (and also The Pot). When Milwaukee came, I was sad not to get Descending--though we also did not get The Pot. Next, in Indy, I was lucky to hear it during sound check with MJK signing (from the hallway---VIP couldn't enter the venue yet because MJK was there at the time, and we could only go in once he left...), and then of course I heard it again during the concert. I didn't realize it until Chicago, but when The Pot played (though I love it), I was sad that I was not likely going to get Descending. Descending is terrific live, but so is all the new stuff (to me).

I am still giddy that the new album by an "old" band was absolutely fantastic (I know some beg to differ, that's fine of course, to each his own). For me it was never "well it's good enough for a new album for an almost 30 year old band," or, "sure, of course the band members are older and changing so the music is going to be different and well it's still really decent." No, instead to me it was--holy crap this is fantastic Tool, with some songs that are now in my fav Tool song list (Pneuma/Invincible). I've basically listened to nothing else since 8/30 (sometimes the old Tool ones and sometimes some NIN but that's it).

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone know if Maynard actually said this in Chicago?:

https://www.eponymousreview.com/6234...d-center-2019/

Keenan wasn’t overly talkative during the Sunday night show, but he did take time out to share a few dry quips.
    “Chicago, come for the food, stay because you got murdered,” he said near the top of the cellphone-free performance

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes it was something like that. Could be that exactly, though it could be super close. It was pretty funny (though I enjoy his sense of humor).

Last edited by sinspots; 11-06-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Yes it was something like that. Could be that exactly, though it could be super close. It was pretty funny (though I enjoy his sense of humor).

He was probably referencing the long history of shitty Bears QB’s. (Looking at you now, Mitchell)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

https://www.eponymousreview.com/6234...d-center-2019/

Keenan wasn’t overly talkative during the Sunday night show, but he did take time out to share a few dry quips.
    “Chicago, come for the food, stay because you got murdered,” he said near the top of the cellphone-free performance

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how he said it. Like a minute later he also said something like "seriously though, the food's really good." And then right before they played Stinkfist, he said something along the lines of "As your reward for not murdering anyone here tonight, you can take out your devices and record the rest of the show. I know they're burning a hole in your pocket, so go ahead, whip it out. Security - stand down."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha. Good stuff

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Especially the fact that it’s the same song EVERY. DAMN. TIME. I guess that first one got a fuck-ton of views or something and now everyone wants a piece of the “vocal coach reacts to Sober” pie. I had a week or two where I got sucked in and watched several of them, but for the most part, I hate reaction videos.
    Hey, guess what?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Okay, so it turns out I can't make night two due to work commitments but I shifted the ticket to another "fan" (hopefully a real person, not a bot?) and grabbed an even better seat for night one in Toronto instead. Win-win! Hoping there aren't any of those rare "man, can't believe I missed that" moments on the 12th, but at least I still get to catch them once on this tour and see a bit more of it from the lower bowl level. It's November 2019, Blade Runners!
    Last edited by botley; 11-07-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Hot damn, “Pneuma” + its light show melted my face off. That song played live should win over anybody!
    This. I think Pneuma is the highlight of this tour, easily. I really like it on the album, but absolutely loved it live. Is sounds so damn good and the lighting for it is spectacular.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This. I think Pneuma is the highlight of this tour, easily. I really like it on the album, but absolutely loved it live. Is sounds so damn good and the lighting for it is spectacular.
    Spot on. May be the best live song ive ever witnessed. Best fuckin band in the world right now, the album combined with what theyre doing on this tour is completely untouchable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Okay, so it turns out I can't make night two due to work commitments but I shifted the ticket to another "fan" (hopefully a real person, not a bot?) and grabbed an even better seat for night one in Toronto instead. Win-win! Hoping there aren't any of those rare "man, can't believe I missed that" moments on the 12th, but at least I still get to catch them once on this tour and see a bit more of it from the lower bowl level. It's November 2019, Blade Runners!
    glad you are still able to come to one of the shows, as a long time lurker tho, would have been cool to meet you.
    enjoy the show!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sad I missed the Denver dates. Damn being broke. Oh well. Hopefully I can catch them on another leg next year.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    FWIW, that bootleg looks terrible. No gatefold and the desaturation of the cover image is noticeable. Each version of the CD package had a slightly different finish, but this looks... off.