Page 228 of 263 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,840 of 7888

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Congrats to Tool for winning the Grammy for Best Metal Performance with "7empest"!
    https://metalinjection.net/metal-in-...ance-grammy-is

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    Congrats to Tool for winning the Grammy for Best Metal Performance with "7empest"!
    https://metalinjection.net/metal-in-...ance-grammy-is
    Cool....

Yay...

Congrats...

NOW JUST FREAKING PLAY IT LIVE!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Tool

I went to the Atlanta show last night and I’m so glad I did. I’ve had some health problems over the last few weeks and wasnt sure I should go but the FOMO was real and I went anyway. I was section 1, row f and it was worth every penny. I was so close I could feel the force of the drums against my body. The people around me were very respectful of the camera policy and I gotta say, it was really nice to watch without a bunch of phones in the way.
    Danny wore an Atlanta hawks jersey with “24” on it. They also showed a Kobe graphic at the very end while Danny, Adam and Justin interacted with crowd. The highlight for me was forty-six and two but I enjoyed the whole show.

Before Stinkfist, Maynard told security to stand down so that we could “whip it out”. I took a few pics on my new phone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Before Aenema, Maynard told security to stand down so that we could “whip it out”. I took a few pics on my new phone.
    You whipped it out during the last song "Stinkfist". This is standard practice for this tour.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    You whipped it out during the last song "Stinkfist". This is standard practice for this tour.
    Whoops. That’s what I meant. I’ll edit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    WHO whipped WHAT out during a FISTING!?...

Danny also had purple and gold lighting during his drum solo, Lakers colors I’m assuming in tribute to Kobe.
    @sonic_discord - they didn’t have any 10K Days pins. Just a set of four that you have to purchase all of at once, they were square and I think they were the band members, like the pics in the FI booklet.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    @sonic_discord - they didn’t have any 10K Days pins. Just a set of four that you have to purchase all of at once, they were square and I think they were the band members, like the pics in the FI booklet.
    That's cool. Thanks for looking, I appreciate it! I did order a Tool logo pin that I believe to be the same one I've been after from some record company in Finland haha! It hasn't come in the mail yet, but I SHOULD be receiving it soon...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    FYI, Opiate vinyl is currently $5.60 on Amazon and Walmart.

https://www.amazon.com/Opiate-Ep-Too...0558688&sr=1-1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

Thanks for this.
    I don't understand it though. There's nothing else in the walmart inventory even close to this price.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Random thought popped in my mind while I had my music on shuffle on lunch at work.
    "Hush" came on. When you think about it, the song is kind of dumb, but then when you think even more about the times we live in, that song is INCREDIBLY relevant.
    Everyone getting all upset and butthurt over everything everyone says these days. Hush needs to make a comeback and become a 2020 live staple, lol.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Random thought popped in my mind while I had my music on shuffle on lunch at work.
    "Hush" came on. When you think about it, the song is kind of dumb, but then when you think even more about the times we live in, that song is INCREDIBLY relevant.
    Everyone getting all upset and butthurt over everything everyone says these days. Hush needs to make a comeback and become a 2020 live staple, lol.
    Perfect response to this is an article I read today about a local coffee shop. Some employee had written "THE CORONA VIRUS WON’T LAST LONG BECAUSE IT’S MADE IN CHINA” as the quote of the day, and a ton of people got offended, resulting in an apology and “disciplining” the member of staff.

Seriously. Hush.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

Thanks for this.
    I don't understand it though. There's nothing else in the walmart inventory even close to this price.
    I'm guessing this is the bad run with sibilance and variations in vinyl consistency/thickness. I have two copies, and both exhibit issues.

Also, just as a personal thing, official TOOL vinyl is worse than their CD counterparts; Kamasi Washington is similar in this regard. The difference being you're getting stiffed on four or five pieces of vinyl instead of two.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Got this article from 4theye’s home page, regarding the tours “surround sound”:

https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/live...mmersive-sound

^^^ also not sure if it was intentional, or a possible fuck up. It definitely mentions Europe during this “world tour”.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Also, just as a personal thing, official TOOL vinyl is worse than their CD counterparts; Kamasi Washington is similar in this regard.
    What a shame. I did notice that Lateralus sounded like shit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    What a shame. I did notice that Lateralus sounded like shit.
    That's because it was a picture disc. Picture discs in general tend to sound like shit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I had bought Lateralus on vinyl a little while back. Defective, right out of the gate.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I had bought Lateralus on vinyl a little while back. Defective, right out of the gate.
    Yeah, it's hanging up framed on my wall and doesn't belong anywhere near my turntable lol

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Opiate = neutral // At best it's as good as the CD version, if you can find a proper copy.
    Undertow = warm // This has a warmness that gives everything a nice, fuzzy coating (Justin/Maynard esp.). Probably the best of the bunch on vinyl.
    Aenima = neutral/airy // This one sounds pretty neutral to me, but there's varying reports around claiming it sounds "airy", "high", "too much treble on Maynard", etc.
    Lateralus = no, ma'am // WTF are you doing?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @Jon Undertow is the only one I have on vinyl, and I can agree with that statement, it has a nice warm sound to it. Can't speak for the other ones One of my local used media stores had a copy for 4.99 the other week, I should have at least picked it up to see if it was any good.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yeah, it's hanging up framed on my wall and doesn't belong anywhere near my turntable lol
    I thought about doing that. Ended up exchanging it (pixies).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Effects P.A. sources are a combination of the digital split from the stagebox and direct outputs from the XL4 via Ferrofish Dante converters (which also feed dual-redundant multitrack recorders that archive every show).
    Can we get some of that, then?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For 13 years, I always felt that the album 10000 Days was a little bit lengthy. Specifically, the last minutes in Rosetta Stoned, the instrumental section in 10000 Days, most of Intension and the second half of Right In Two. It all felt a little bit redundant. But after Fear Inoculum, I now welcome those parts. I am rediscovering 10000 Days. Except for Lipan Conjuring and Viginti Tres. Those will be forever skipped.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    For 13 years, I always felt that the album 10000 Days was a little bit lengthy. Specifically, the last minutes in Rosetta Stoned, the instrumental section in 10000 Days, most of Intension and the second half of Right In Two. It all felt a little bit redundant. But after Fear Inoculum, I now welcome those parts. I am rediscovering 10000 Days. Except for Lipan Conjuring and Viginti Tres. Those will be forever skipped.
    Lost Keys is one of my favorites in that album. At first I didn’t get it but then discovered that I can listen to it as a stand alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was discussing Lateralus or Ænima album with a friend earlier. Which is everyone's favorite between the two?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    Was discussing Lateralus or Ænima album with a friend earlier. Which is everyone's favorite between the two?
    You don't compare hattori hanzo swords.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    Aenima, it’s better from start to finish IMHO. I pretty much shut down after the Lateralus title track, even though the Triad riff is pretty cool (but repetitive).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Aenima, it’s better from start to finish IMHO. I pretty much shut down after the Lateralus title track, even though the Triad riff is pretty cool (but repetitive).
    Try listening to Lateralus in the order of the setlist they played in 2001: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/...-53d5f7e9.html

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Lateralus is definitely the more mature, sophisticated, and evolved statement by the band and more closely resembles the version of Tool that exists today. I might even go as far as saying that it's the pinnacle or high water mark of their song-writing abilities (seeing them play the title track absolutely FLAWLESSLY live is one of my favorite memories of seeing Tool live). BUT as much as I love Lateralus, I think I might have to go with Ænema. I'm biased, of course, because it's the first Tool album I heard and the one that got me sucked into the band, so I have lots of great memories and nostalgic feelings associated with that album. I borrowed it from a friend (for a really long time) back in '98 or '99 and I used to drive around in my shitty first car (a light blue 1989 Plymouth Horizon that I covered with band stickers) blasting it through a cassette adapter connected to my Sony Discman. So many bangers on both, but Ænima barely edges it out for me. Lateralus is more intelligent, contemplative, and atmospheric, but sometimes I have to be in the right mood for the final third (tracks 10-13) of the album.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I prefer Lateralus as an album. As much as I like Aenima, the interlude tracks get old.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I prefer Lateralus as an album. As much as I like Aenima, the interlude tracks get old.
    That's a fair criticism. There are days when I think I prefer it, too. I've gone back and forth. Lateralus came out right before I graduated high school and I played it a lot the following years of college while driving around with friends, so it has its fair share of fun memories.