Page 149 of 263 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 7888

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I agree with the structure, and I think it has quite a bit to do with Adam's guitar tone where everything sounds similar. I still do really like these songs, I feel some fat could've been trimmed out of them though.
    Tone, rhythmic picking and tuning (drop d all day) It all sounds the same, even somewhat predictable. I hope we get something suprising. Youd think after 13 years, something wouldve evolved, aside from making the same songs longer with less MJK. But again, reserving full judgement until we have more to go off of.
    Color me slightly worried.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    ...I think it has quite a bit to do with Adam's guitar tone where everything sounds similar...
    100% this. While I love Adam's guitar tone, it's gotten old. Feels like he's afraid to take risks. The biggest risk he's ever took was the talkbox on Jambi.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If anyone is looking for tix to the Des Moines Iowa (section 106, row H) show, I have two that I would part with for under face value.
    Last edited by sinspots; 05-09-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I'm interested to see how they'll display the album art for Lateralus and Aenima.
    I’d imagine it won’t be too far off from what I’ve used for them on my iPod:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I’d imagine it won’t be too far off from what I’ve used for them on my iPod:
    On mine I have a version of Aenima where you can see the eyes, and for Lateralus I have the one with the profile of the skinless man. They had elaborate enough packaging that they could choose to do it in several ways. Or, more likely, some intern google images it and uses a shitty scan. That unfortunately happens far too often.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I listened to those better quality ones ^. It’s the last time I’m listening to them as live tracks. I liked Descending way more. Good stuff. Not so sure on Invincible. It’s got some good ideas, but not enough to justify its 10 minute run time. Also, it’s not a very “tool-like” delivery from Maynard.

But I’ll wait until we get the studios to decide how I feel about it. Might translate better.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    To this day I still haven't even heard Descending. So at this point, I'm just not listening to anything until the final album is in my hands. Nothing against people who rush to hear anything they can. You do you. I just know I probably won't like the album as much if I go into it with any preconceived notions of how it "should" sound.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Y’all are gonna give me a stroke if we’re gonna whip back and forth between sounding too much like Tool and not sounding enough like Tool.

I’m gonna prep you right now: You’re going to be surprised by some things on this album. You’re going to like some, you’re not going to like others. Some things will sound boring. If you go in with too many preconceptions you will hate it. If you go in and try to numb yourself a little to 13 years of waiting, you’ll be happy.

And I swear to god, everyone who’s going to “marathon” all the Tool albums leading up to this one will only be disappointed by recurring themes and riffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Since Descending first debuted live, how much has it changed over time? Not the most recent one with vocals, but all the times they’ve done the instrumental iteration? I’ve not listened to the previous vocal-less ones more than once or twice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm definitely going to wait until the album is out before giving any song a listen. I feel like Tool is best experienced in the albums anyway.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So it appears that Adam was streaming from stage on his instagram, but now its paused and laggy so I think it stopped. I only got to hear about a minute, if even. Edit: Looks like it's active just I can't load it. Edit: Did not work but stayed on and eventually Adam popped his head in front of the phone and asked if we enjoyed it and waved and turned off the stream. That was pretty cool (even though I like missed it all...).
    Last edited by sinspots; 05-10-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    So it appears that Adam was streaming from stage on his instagram, but now its paused and laggy so I think it stopped. I only got to hear about a minute, if even. Edit: Looks like it's active just I can't load it. Edit: Did not work but stayed on and eventually Adam popped his head in front of the phone and asked if we enjoyed it and waved and turned off the stream. That was pretty cool (even though I like missed it all...).
    They should hire Rob Sheridan to do stage recordings of Descending and Invincible and have blumpy mix it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    and have blumpy mix it.
    So it would include annoying and loud AF fake crowd noise at the start and end of the video? no, thanks

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    So it would include annoying and loud AF fake crowd noise at the start and end of the video? no, thanks
    If they don't have microphones recording the crowd properly, then sure.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Here's the thing though - standing ON stage during a show? That's how it sounds without ears in. So to reduce the crowd noise to just a background murmur would make a sonic image that is unnaturally matched to how/where the video is shot. It's not what the audience is used to seeing (er, hearing), but it's accurate.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Who is blumpy?...

(that can be a bit of an open ended question)...

Who is this blumpy person you speak of?...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Who is blumpy?...

(that can be a bit of an open ended question)...

Who is this blumpy person you speak of?...
    This guy. He's done sound mixing for NIN live videos in the past.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Every day, I look at tickets to the KC show. And every day, they get cheaper and cheaper. I might actually be able to pick up tickets this weekend! It would be my first time seeing Tool and I figure now is as good a time to see them as any.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    They should hire Rob Sheridan to do stage recordings.
    So the camera can go up and down and moving all over the place every second amateur style to the point you feel like you are on a rollercoaster watching it? The guy who filmed NIN onstage on the last tour was even worse actually

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Since Descending first debuted live, how much has it changed over time? Not the most recent one with vocals, but all the times they’ve done the instrumental iteration? I’ve not listened to the previous vocal-less ones more than once or twice.
    The Descending tease is basically a truncated, barebones version of the whole song. The bones are there but it’s missing some really lovely groovy moments, solos, and ambient moments.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    So the camera can go up and down and moving all over the place every second amateur style to the point you feel like you are on a rollercoaster watching it? The guy who filmed NIN onstage on the last tour was even worse actually
    Wait, there were onstage videos from the last tour?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Yes, Metal w/Numan and AOA. But they are b/w and so shaky you can barely see who does what.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Yes, Metal w/Numan and AOA. But they are b/w and so shaky you can barely see who does what.
    Do you think TR requested it to be shot like that to fit in with the aesthetic he was going for?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Do you think TR requested it to be shot like that to fit in with the aesthetic he was going for?
    I do, especially since AOA has a status of official music video, AFAIK. But we're way off this thread's topic by now so Imma quit here.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    What is AOA? Are you meaning Ahead of Ourselves? AOO?
    Yes. D'oh.

\/\/\/\/
    Last edited by fillow; 05-12-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I do, especially since AOA has a status of official music video, AFAIK. But we're way off this thread's topic by now so Imma quit here.
    What is AOA? Are you meaning Ahead of Ourselves? AOO?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Has anybody that's going to Chicago Open Air gotten their tickets yet? When I bought my ticket back in December, I got an email saying that "My ticket has been confirmed" and that "we will let you know when your e-ticket is available". It does say at the bottom of the email that to contact them if you haven't received your ticket one business day before the event, but I'm curious if they have even been sent out yet.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Half the Madrid pro shot was filmed by TRs guy and the entire "pro shot" from the Corona Festival in Mexico was clearly filmed by TR's guy

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Has anybody that's going to Chicago Open Air gotten their tickets yet? When I bought my ticket back in December, I got an email saying that "My ticket has been confirmed" and that "we will let you know when your e-ticket is available". It does say at the bottom of the email that to contact them if you haven't received your ticket one business day before the event, but I'm curious if they have even been sent out yet.
    I bought mine off StubHub, two orders (some other people ended up wanting to go). They’re on my phone. One of the orders I can print the tickets.

Surprised your ticket wasnt available right when you bought it. I mean, it’s electronic so that seems odd you would have to wait for it more than a few days (once it clears payment). You sure you can’t get it from their ticket site?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I remember when I bought my wife tickets for Katy Perry from ticketmaster even, they would not send the e tickets till 24 hrs before the event, it was to try and curb scalpers. But i would still be calling. At first it was a week before then the change it to 24 hrs before.