Page 121 of 263 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Definitely soundboard, and definitely the same show that follow was talking about. I think that video was from the visual maker.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Whether it winds up on the album or not, Descending give a me high hopes for the new album. It's got that tribal, mystical, almost like "musically representing the nature of consciousness" type of sound that they discovered on Aenima and sort of perfected on Lateralus. After 25 years of being a pretty big fan, I can definitely say that particular aspect of the band is their true genius. I really don't want them to try anything that different or progress, except for possibly sounding "more like themselves" during that time period, if that makes any sense.
    The new visuals are also exciting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post

Is this the studio version of "Descending"?

FB link from the band's page: https://www.facebook.com/ToolMusic/v...8192380574557/
    reminds me of triad for some reason, no doubt gonna be on the new album, there’s no way they’d play this at some shows and put it on an advert for the tool clinic without it being available

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Just realized with the APC tour going basically through this calendar year, puts the final nail in Tool’s 2018 coffin.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Just realized with the APC tour going basically through this calendar year, puts the final nail in Tool’s 2018 coffin.
    Could ramp up and release Q4 followed by a tour in Q1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They don't have any dates scheduled for August, September, and most of October. Plus, they only need Maynard for recording vocals. I'd say it's still possible, but at the same time, I wouldn't hold my breath. Q4 of this year or Q1 or 2019.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    They don't have any dates scheduled for August, September, and most of October. Plus, they only need Maynard for recording vocals. I'd say it's still possible, but at the same time, I wouldn't hold my breath. Q4 of this year or Q1 or 2019.
    That's during harvest season. I do wonder if Maynard works musically during that time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Maybe, just maybe the vocals are done now...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    If he's already got the lyrics and everything written down, I wouldn't think it would take too long to track vocals down.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    They're probably going to want to tour in some capacity surrounding the album's release, so if APC have obligations the rest of the year I really can't see it coming out until early/mid-2019 now, whether all the parts are already recorded or not.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wonder what they got done in March when they had Maynard. The APC interviews that are from the last couple of weeks seem to insinuate that Maynard is still waiting for Tool, but I wonder in what capacity?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Sounds like everything is written and he's waiting for them to finish recording so he can.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Maynard recorded in AZ and had Matt Mitchell engineer like he just did with APC.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Will Tool accept the facts and reality that "CDs" are a lame media for the majority of their fanbase... Releasing their new album only on CD/Vinyl would be like 'Def Leppard' releasing their new album only on cassette/vinyl.

From what I've read, Tool chooses to stay away from streaming because they "don't want their songs played out of order and all mixed up"; which I never understood because CD players are capable of skipping songs, additionally digital downloads mean I can shuffle discography.

So no matter what format, I can play in what ever order I want. There may be some monetary reasons for staying away from steaming... but APC and Puscifer are on Spotify...

Anyways, I sure hope they get onto Spotify... I simply don't play CDs, Vinyl, or MP3s anymore...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tool's presence (or lack thereof) on digital and streaming services is 100% everything to do with their antiquated recording contract. Maybe they'll be able to renegotiate or at the very least, get the new album out in the world the way everyone else is, but yeah. The whole thing is out of their control, as far as I know.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Imagining them just making a Bandcamp account and selling it with all the artwork included and in a high resolution format.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Releasing their new album only on CD/Vinyl would be like 'Def Leppard' releasing their new album only on cassette/vinyl.
    Not coincidentally, a few years ago, Def Leppard started re-recording their major albums in the studio in order to be able to release them digitally, because - you guessed it - terrible record label contracts.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Drum tracking complete.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Not coincidentally, a few years ago, Def Leppard started re-recording their major albums in the studio in order to be able to release them digitally, because - you guessed it - terrible record label contracts.
    Everclear also redid theirs and threw on some covers. There were two copies of Autolux’s debut for quite awhile after they got out of their contract. If you bought one, it went to the label. The other went directly to the band.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The drum tracking being (nearly) done is a good sign. They have about six weeks to finish the other instruments before Maynard gets home from APC's tour to do his vocal recording and complete the final mix.

Still hopeful for a pre-Xmas release.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The idea of a recording contract where the band gets no money from digital sales seems such an unconscionable contract i would find it hard to believe any judge not ruling in their favour, have they much time left on this contract? (I remember nin having a seven album contract)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Drum tracking complete.
    Excuse me for my ignorance, but why would there be two drum kits in a recording session?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Excuse me for my ignorance, but why would there be two drum kits in a recording session?
    I doubt Danny used the other one, which is probably owned by the studio and was just left in the place it normally occupies. I don't see any mics on it, anyway.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Touring drumset? That's the loft isn't it?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Maynard recorded in AZ and had Matt Mitchell engineer like he just did with APC.

man I hope not.
    Sending files back and forth is great, but nothing can beat organic chemistry (even with instrumentals that are finished.)
    Like I would prefer Maynard to TALK to the rest of the guys in person about what everyone has in mind instead of emailing each other.

"Time to put the silicon obsession down" indeed, Keenan.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Seriously. Is this how bands do everything now? No wonder so much music sucks these days (lol).

<—— old man yelling at cloud, fist shaking towards the sky.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Here's a David Byrne interview where he explains why long-distance digital collaboration might not be as counterproductive as some might think. Start at 3:40.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    man I hope not.
    Sending files back and forth is great, but nothing can beat organic chemistry (even with instrumentals that are finished.)
    Like I would prefer Maynard to TALK to the rest of the guys in person about what everyone has in mind instead of emailing each other.

Yeah but that’s like saying no music is pure unless it’s performed completely live acapella. Since technology taints all forms of art.

Technology can inform or distract. There’s a difference between the nonstop thrill ride of modern media and the deliberate, inspiring, informative consumption and creation of music and art.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    man I hope not.

Thats how Mike Patton records all his vocals. He has his own home studio and records his vocals on top of the finished music and sends it to the band. Its how he did the last Faith No More record and Dead Cross and last few Tomahawk albums, etc. I think the last time he was actually in a studio with a band recording must have been at least 15 years ago

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Thats how Mike Patton records all his vocals. He has his own home studio and records his vocals on top of the finished music and sends it to the band. Its how he did the last Faith No More record and Dead Cross and last few Tomahawk albums, etc. I think the last time he was actually in a studio with a band recording must have been at least 15 years ago
    And I have loved most of those albums, but there is something to be said for doing it together, having that instant communication with the rest of the band which can spark new ideas and paths...which is somewhat lost when traditional rock bands (guitar, drums, bass, vocals) aren't with each other during the creation or recording phase. Something is lost when the vocals/lyrics are literally phoned in, in my opinion. I dont like that tool hasn't written songs together in a long time.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 05-05-2018 at 05:50 PM.