Page 222 of 224 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,660 of 6691

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Especially the fact that it’s the same song EVERY. DAMN. TIME. I guess that first one got a fuck-ton of views or something and now everyone wants a piece of the “vocal coach reacts to Sober” pie. I had a week or two where I got sucked in and watched several of them, but for the most part, I hate reaction videos.
    Hey, guess what?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Okay, so it turns out I can't make night two due to work commitments but I shifted the ticket to another "fan" (hopefully a real person, not a bot?) and grabbed an even better seat for night one in Toronto instead. Win-win! Hoping there aren't any of those rare "man, can't believe I missed that" moments on the 12th, but at least I still get to catch them once on this tour and see a bit more of it from the lower bowl level. It's November 2019, Blade Runners!
    Last edited by botley; 11-07-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Hot damn, “Pneuma” + its light show melted my face off. That song played live should win over anybody!
    This. I think Pneuma is the highlight of this tour, easily. I really like it on the album, but absolutely loved it live. Is sounds so damn good and the lighting for it is spectacular.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    This. I think Pneuma is the highlight of this tour, easily. I really like it on the album, but absolutely loved it live. Is sounds so damn good and the lighting for it is spectacular.
    Spot on. May be the best live song ive ever witnessed. Best fuckin band in the world right now, the album combined with what theyre doing on this tour is completely untouchable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Okay, so it turns out I can't make night two due to work commitments but I shifted the ticket to another "fan" (hopefully a real person, not a bot?) and grabbed an even better seat for night one in Toronto instead. Win-win! Hoping there aren't any of those rare "man, can't believe I missed that" moments on the 12th, but at least I still get to catch them once on this tour and see a bit more of it from the lower bowl level. It's November 2019, Blade Runners!
    glad you are still able to come to one of the shows, as a long time lurker tho, would have been cool to meet you.
    enjoy the show!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Sad I missed the Denver dates. Damn being broke. Oh well. Hopefully I can catch them on another leg next year.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    FWIW, that bootleg looks terrible. No gatefold and the desaturation of the cover image is noticeable. Each version of the CD package had a slightly different finish, but this looks... off.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    If only!...

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/se...-on-tool-tour/

^^^ I do recall something in social media (Adams IG?) where Bach said he already heard much of the new Tool album earlier this year, with a photo of I think him and Danny and Adam?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    If only!...

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/se...-on-tool-tour/

^^^ I do recall something in social media (Adams IG?) where Bach said he already heard much of the new Tool album earlier this year, with a photo of I think him and Danny and Adam?
    I think this is probably bullshit. Maybe Bach is friends with some of the members of Tool, but that bill would go over about as well as when Hendrix opened for The Monkees. And he says he turned it down? He rather play dive bars than arenas, even if it it just an opening act?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    According to setlistfm, they finally debuted “Some Old Song” tonight prior to the intermission! Lol.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    According to setlistfm, they finally debuted “Some Old Song” tonight prior to the intermission! Lol.
    lol It was Part of Me and it kicked all sorts of ass! MJK took a poll beforehand for anyone under 30 to raise their hand and there was actually a decent amount of hands.

Oh, and they played Merkaba. I didn't realize that was a rare thing.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    ^ Oh, so NOW they remember that Salival exists.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I don't think they played Merkaba. It would be all over /r/Toolband if they did. (It isn't). People at setlist fm trolling as usual.
    And they did play No Quarter and You Lied at some of post-10KD tours, so yes, Salival exists.

edit: glad to be proven wrong! I thought it wouldn't make much sense with their current setlist as some of Merkaba drum segments are similar to CCTrip
    Last edited by fillow; 11-10-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't think they played Merkaba. It would be all over /r/Toolband if they did. (It isn't). People at setlist fm trolling as usual.
    And they did play No Quarter and You Lied at some of post-10KD tours, so yes, Salival exists.
    Um I was there. They 100% played it. It was only maybe about 4 minutes though.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    It’s on setlist fm now too, shortened version.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    This made me chuckle.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Justin needs to break that helmet out for every encore from now on.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    How come no upper Midwest dates in January!?!?!?! /sarcasm

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Big gap in the Dallas-Atlanta dates.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    looks like I got an LV -> PHX road trip coming up. fuck my bank account.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    San Diego and Vegas, here I come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Still nothing in the PNW yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    lol It was Part of Me and it kicked all sorts of ass! MJK took a poll beforehand for anyone under 30 to raise their hand and there was actually a decent amount of hands.

Oh, and they played Merkaba. I didn't realize that was a rare thing.
    They've played Part of Me multiple times this year and over the last few, not exactly a debut but still kicks all sorts of ass!

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Good show last night. My seat was right below one of the surround PA stacks, at the back corner of the lower bowl. Very cool to hear the samples and effects through that so clearly — subtly, with the swamp noises at the beginning of "Parabol", or immersively in the all-out psychedelic synth assault during CCTrip. The only times it seemed distracting or poorly integrated were during "Vicarious" and "Invincible" when Danny's tuned electronic percussion went through an auxiliary delay to land over my head just a fraction of a second too late to seem in time with the rest of the band. Apart from that, the sound was flawless.

They didn't play the extended versions of "Schism" or "Stinkfist", but I was really glad we got to hear the full-length "Descending" and the extra synth jam in "Jambi" before Adam's solo. Dude from Killing Joke was hype! I loved their set, too.
    Last edited by botley; 11-12-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Questions for anyone who was at the meet and greet VIP packages:
    What band members were there?
    Were you allowed to bring items for them to sign?
    Was any of the tour merch available to you before the meet and greet- specifically the date specific tour poster? If possible I'd like to grab one before the meet and greet and have the band sign it?
    Ill be at the Barclays show next week so any info would be appreciated, thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Danny/Justin/Adam. Not really a meet and greet.

no.

The posters were not available beforehand.

be prepared to wait a lot. Eat before you get there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Dude from Killing Joke was hype! I loved their set, too.
    Dude from Killing Joke, that being Jaz Coleman, is among the best front men in rock history. When I saw them in Columbus a few years ago, the power in his performance and those vocals drove the audience into a frenzy. Interestingly, this guy also writes/arranges symphony and chamber . He was commissioned to produce symphonic versions of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd albums. I don't know if he still does arrangements of that sort, but he still writes symphonies in Prague. One of the interesting aspects of Killing Joke and perhaps why they always stayed under the mainstream versus some of the other notable post-punk bands out the early 80s is that those guys all made other successful careers and never really had to sell out / jump through the hoops of the old monolithic labels. Youth (Martin Glover) is a successful production engineer who has worked for Gilmour (Pink Floyd), Paul McCartney and many other artists in a bunch of other successful projects. Paul Ferguson is a blacksmith and sculptor who restores art and sculptures. Perhaps only Geordie Walker is specifically a musician by trade. At any rate, it seems like they always gravitate back to eachother to release these sonic critiques of 21st century dystopia.

Edit: Sorry for off-topic rambling there. I just spewed all that info out that perhaps was not warranted. However, this band is special to me and I am still losing my shit they are opening for Tool. Only one more week until I see them!!!
    Last edited by pulse; 11-13-2019 at 03:02 AM.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    ^ That is all very good to know (I was familiar with the other work of Youth) but the dude I was referring to was their keyboardist, who joined Tool to play on "Jambi". Should've been more clear. Killing Joke rules though!