Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 4240

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Apparently TOOL are playing the Aftershock Festival in October.
    This image was leaked this morning and then pulled immediately. The official announcement is supposed to be tomorrow morning.

All I have to say is... meh to the lineup. Ain't worth traveling for. But if you live in the Sacramento area, go for it.
    I'll hold out for the headlining Vancouver show. Assuming this means fall dates will come shortly after this drops.

Personally that's a pretty good line up for me, lots of bands i still haven't seen...wait a minute is that BABY METAL?! OH FUCK YEAH!

Shame i don't live in america

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    weren't we expecting a summer release at the latest? Did I miss something? I keep expecting a single or teaser to drop.

If it's true, the rumors about the song lengths, then, it MAY be that there isn't a radio friendly song. But, isn't radio sort of dying, anyway?

Another thing: do you guys think that this could be a double album?

And, finally, could this be the LAST Tool release?
    Heres a pretty decent recap from foutheye.net , I think Hellboy posted this on the 14th?...

http://www.fourtheye.net/2019/04/too...te-april-2019/

Things still seem in line. As for the rumor that the album is filled with a bunch of super long songs, I’m “meh” on that idea. Great if they’re all the quality of Third Eye but I wouldn’t count on it.

“Last Tool album”. Jeez- I don’t even wanna think about if there’s another one after the next one is released. My guess would be “most likely” but who knows- maybe they have a lot of material from the past, oh... 13 years or so, where they can do a somewhat quick turnaround.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm thinking September 2021

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I'm thinking September 2021
    Impossible.

Too close to the start of the NFL season.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm gonna say June 21.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

If it's true, the rumors about the song lengths, then, it MAY be that there isn't a radio friendly song. But, isn't radio sort of dying, anyway?
    Regardless on whether any new songs will make it to the radio or not, they will still release a song for promotional use via YouTube. Rammstein released a near 10 minute track recently, so I don't think the length of the song will matter in whether we get a single or not. We'll defiantly get something. Although, I would totally be down for having the record released all at once without any songs/singles released before hand. Then you can experience the while thing at once.

I hate when bands release a couple singles before the record drops and you get sick of those songs when the actual record does come out that you just end up skipping the songs you've heard to hear the other one. That usually happens to me anyway.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Vicarious was “leaked” within a day or two of being announced, iirc. There was quite a bit of speculation that the band leaked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Vicarious was “leaked” within a day or two of being announced, iirc. There was quite a bit of speculation that the band leaked it.

From my (hazy) memory it debuted on some radio station didn’t it? Then rips appeared.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Regardless on whether any new songs will make it to the radio or not, they will still release a song for promotional use via YouTube. Rammstein released a near 10 minute track recently, so I don't think the length of the song will matter in whether we get a single or not. We'll defiantly get something. Although, I would totally be down for having the record released all at once without any songs/singles released before hand. Then you can experience the while thing at once.

I hate when bands release a couple singles before the record drops and you get sick of those songs when the actual record does come out that you just end up skipping the songs you've heard to hear the other one. That usually happens to me anyway.
    Same, that’s why I’ve online listened to Deutschland a handful of times!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    From my (hazy) memory it debuted on some radio station didn’t it? Then rips appeared.
    There was for sure a 30-odd second clip that was ripped from the radio. I don’t recall the earliest versions I’ve heard being radio rips, though.