Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 214 215 216
Results 6,451 to 6,466 of 6466

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    but damn do these guys suck at everything else involved with the business aspect of their products and seem very out of touch with their fans.
    I don't know. I agree the website is terrible, TA had problems, VIP tix could have been done with now care etc etc. But, I also like that, to me, that all seems like they don't really give much of a crap about the merchandise money making machine. They toss some things out for us who really want to buy things but otherwise they have more important things to do. I don't think it would be Tool like if the merch Tix etc. business was a polished money making machine.

I mean that said, the money spent at those merch booths at concerts must be crazy. I stood in line until they almost took the stage for a $200 signed posted on May (because they hadn't signed the posters timely I assume). I was about to give up so I didn't miss any of the show but got it in time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    they don't really give much of a crap about the merchandise money making machine.
    The problem is they don't seem to give a crap about the things they are selling...until people start bitching, that is. And even then the result feels half-assed.

I don't think it would be Tool like if the merch Tix etc. business was a polished money making machine.
    A purposely shitty retail / fan experience as a business model is a really odd take.
    Last edited by cdm; 09-24-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The problem is they don't seem to give a crap about the things they are selling...until people start bitching, that is. And even then the result feels half-assed.

A purposely shitty retail / fan experience as a business model is a really odd take.
    I feel like a lot of this comes from their nearly 30 year old contract that likely gives them fuckall control over merch, tours, and other shit.

I hope they get to do more stuff now that they’re free of all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I feel like a lot of this comes from their nearly 30 year old contract that likely gives them fuckall control over merch, tours, and other shit.
    Didn't they renegotiate when the band and label traded breach-of-contract lawsuits after Aenima?

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I hope they get to do more stuff now that they’re free of all that.
    Like a 10,000 days vinyl release?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

So I was looking at some of this footage from the Undertow sessions and noticed people talking in the comments of various videos that there at one time was an upload of more footage, about 2 hours worth. Does anyone have this footage? I find it hard to believe a Tool fan didn't rip the video footage while it was up.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    For what it's worth, prior to this split Maynard had FOUR threads himself (APC, Puscifer, Tool, and the short-lived "everything Maynard" thread meant for convos that were more about him / comparing his projects than focusing on one specific band).
    We definitely don't need an "Everything Maynard" thread, but APC, Puscifer, and Tool are three very different bands (despite having the same singer) that each deserve their own dedicated thread, in my opinion. I also don't see anything wrong with Fear Inoculum having its own thread, at least while the album is still fresh.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Like a 10,000 days vinyl release?
    We will get 10 more hardback books published by Blair and signed before that ever happens.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    got my AXS Staples tickets today, sell and transfer enabled.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is anyone interested in one Milwaukee ticket, 9th row, Justin's side of stage (on Halloween)? If so please message me. I have 4, keeping 2. Another NIN fan would like one, but I don't want to split the pair unless I can find another home for the other. I'm just looking for face value with fees ($149.77).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    More face value tickets have become available for 10/20 Los Angeles date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So when does the next album come out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    So when does the next album come out
    2022 at the absolute earliest but more than likely a couple of years after that... I kind of think this is the last one unless they knock a quick one out.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    July 2047

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    One week until the LA dates!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I really enjoy seeing Tool tonight at Aftershock. Granted it is a festival date, the band brought it and Maynard sounded great. It was refreshing not to hear Schism and Opiate tonight.

We are Pneuma.