Page 138 of 263 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    While I loved the Alex Grey artwork on Lateralus and 10,000 Days, I think it's time for something/someone new and fresh. It'll feel like they're trapped in the early 2000s otherwise. I'd love to see them hire Cam de Leon again, but I don't know if they're on good terms after the lawsuit between the two parties. I know they're buddies with Chet Czar and I'd be interested to see what he would do for them. Adi Granov did a few posters for them recently (including my badass poster from Northern Invasion in Somerset, WI) that fit their style 100%, so I'd love to see what he could do, if given the opportunity.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hopefully it's better than Eat the Elephant cover...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    While I loved the Alex Grey artwork on Lateralus and 10,000 Days, I think it's time for something/someone new and fresh. It'll feel like they're trapped in the early 2000s otherwise. I'd love to see them hire Cam de Leon again, but I don't know if they're on good terms after the lawsuit between the two parties. I know they're buddies with Chet Czar and I'd be interested to see what he would do for them. Adi Granov did a few posters for them recently (including my badass poster from Northern Invasion in Somerset, WI) that fit their style 100%, so I'd love to see what he could do, if given the opportunity.
    The thing I really like about the Alex Jones artwork is that it’s not angsty. It’s not overly dramatic. It’s not edgy. It’s very calm and serene while still cutting through a level of superficiality.

Plus, Alex Grey is one of the very few visionary artists who still creates artwork that seems rooted in an organic, physical process instead of being saturated in blue glows and digital lens flares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    The thing I really like about the Alex Jones artwork is that it’s not angsty.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I’m gonna let that typo stand because this is amazing

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Hopefully it's better than Eat the Elephant cover...
    It is.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    It is.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    It is.
    Because Adam is in charge or do we need to frisk you?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I’ll be honest, I like the heart octopus elements but I wasn’t a fan of the weird carnival barker thing they had going on.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Because Adam is in charge or do we need to frisk you?
    Please don't frisk me. Unless you're into thin guys with abnormally large calves, you're not gonna find anything interesting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Alright, sorry to make a post that does not contribute really anything but:

OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT (Yes, I am just about jumping up and down like a little kid at Christmas time).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Alright, sorry to make a post that does not contribute really anything but:

OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT (Yes, I am just about jumping up and down like a little kid at Christmas time).
    Don’t psych yourself out just go with the flow and see where it takes you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Are we gonna get the Tool sub-forum again? That was a fun period of ETS, 06-07 ish.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    Are we gonna get the Tool sub-forum again? That was a fun period of ETS, 06-07 ish.
    Oh wow, I completely forgot about that.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    My guess is probably not.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    So I had an extremely vivid Tool-related (yes, new album included) dream last night. It started with getting high with the band members to the Ænima album, but before the album began it had a track that gave you a recipe (similar to Die Eier Von Satan) for what drugs and other chemicals to mix together to properly enjoy the album experience. I then watched some video of Maynard mixing it all together in the coolant area of an open car bonnet, then proceeded to inhale and had “some kind of psychedelic experience”.

Later on, I was sent an exclusive link that only certain ToolNavy.com members were privy to, featuring the album title and track listing. It was long, about 9-10 tracks in length, and the title was a made up word with two parts to it, starting with O. That’s all I can remember.

Imagine how freaked out I’d be if any of this turned out to be even remotely accurate.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Amazing! Midwest usually gets no love. If this were NIN, it would be a no brainer driving from MN to St. Louis, then Kansas City, then Lincoln, NE, then Des Moines, over a Monday through Friday. (Of course would be hard having GA and wanting to be on rail.... but I believe someone said no GA at Tool non-festival concerts anymore).

P.S. Anyone live in any of those cities that will be going? I believe that one can get better seats going there in person to buy the tix.
    Last edited by sinspots; 03-11-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazing! Midwest usually gets no love. If this were NIN, it would be a no brainer driving from MN to St. Louis, then Kansas City, then Lincoln, NE, then Des Moines, over a Monday through Friday. (Of course would be hard having GA and wanting to be on rail.... but I believe someone said no GA at Tool non-festival concerts anymore).

P.S. Anyone live in any of those cities that will be going? I believe that one can get better seats going there in person to buy the tix.
    I'm planning on going to the STL show. At the moment I'm leaning towards splurging on VIP tickets....we shall see if I can actually pull the trigger on the VIP stuff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos L Halper View Post
    I'm planning on going to the STL show. At the moment I'm leaning towards splurging on VIP tickets....we shall see if I can actually pull the trigger on the VIP stuff.
    And, the VIP is through ToolArmy? If I sign up today, I should still be able to get in on that I hope. Also, when clicking on the link for the Des Moines tix, the ticket seller says there are no presales.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    And, the VIP is through ToolArmy? If I sign up today, I should still be able to get in on that I hope. Also, when clicking on the link for the Des Moines tix, the ticket seller says there are no presales.
    Does anyone know what the VIP entails?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Does anyone know what the VIP entails?
    Usually a meet and greet with everyone -Maynard. Hang out with the props. Front 5 or 10 row seats, first come first served. Signed event poster, tour or event shirt if they are doing event shirts. Swag bag.

I'm probably going to hit the Des Moines show but I only login to my toolband once every few years and can't ever remember my credentials.
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 03-11-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I might be going to the Louisville show! It’ll also be my first concert? How much are tickets usually? I don’t want to be in the pit. Probably higher up in the seats.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I might be going to the Louisville show! It’ll also be my first concert? How much are tickets usually? I don’t want to be in the pit. Probably higher up in the seats.
    Generally about ~$100, maybe slightly cheaper for upper bowl. Also there is no pit, the floor will be reserved seating.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Looks like im going to the May 16th Lincoln NE show now, and be seeing them again May 19th at COA.

Tool really is in my top 5 bands (NIN #1, followed in no order Ministry, Tool, Rammstein and pre GAOG era Manson) and ive seen them 3 times prior, so this is pretty rad.

Something to get me excited about COA again, Keef's death has really bothered me because I just after 23 years wanted to see The Prodigy once. Before all the above mentioned bands, THEY were the first band I really got into, and they are special to me.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Tool really is in my top 5 bands (NIN #1, followed in no order Ministry, Tool, Rammstein and pre GAOG era Manson) and ive seen them 3 times prior, so this is pretty rad.
    NIN, Rammstein and TOOL are in my top 5 as well.
    Wish I could catch one of the shows out east this spring, but not really feasible. We've already scheduled our flights and hotel around Sonic Temple. Having this was announced sooner, I probably could have squeezed a show in.

I'm not too worried though, TOOL will be embarking on a huge tour for this album I bet. They'll be back in my neck of the woods in no time. Would have been nice to have head some new songs live before the album drops though. Assuming the album won't be out before these shows, according to Maynard's timeline, but who knows.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-13-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    These guys really should do a stripped down tour for this one - ala Cold and Black and Infinite. More like the Undertow/Aenima days.

Lasers light show is getting pretty redundant. Every show I have been to feels like the same show. And that isn't EVEN discussing the setlist lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    These guys really should do a stripped down tour for this one - ala Cold and Black and Infinite. More like the Undertow/Aenima days.

Lasers light show is getting pretty redundant. Every show I have been to feels like the same show. And that isn't EVEN discussing the setlist lol
    Hadn't thought about that and to be honest...it's a damn solid idea. Sure, the 16oz beer-chugging portion of any given TOOL crowd would never complain, but it HAS made the last like, 5 years of touring pretty 'same-y'. I wouldn't forego the lights altogether, but maybe just a flat out new set up entirely.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Sure, the 16oz beer-chugging portion of any given TOOL crowd would never complain...
    Yeah, fuck those assholes who drink beer, especially in pints.