Page 86 of 224 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 6719

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Every time I see this thread bumped I roll my eyes.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Oh, please. You know you want a Tool blanket for when we're rolling in the sheets.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    If there's ever been a bigger waste of talent, please direct us to it...

...but enough about me, what's going on with the new Tool album???

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, the latest is from the newest newsletter posted yesterday. I'll bold the stuff that stood out to me.

Knowing that Danny would be visiting me in the desert for a couple of days, I scratched out a list of questions for him to answer about how things were progressing with the new material and about some other Tool projects that are currently in the works. You know, things that he (and the other band members) never get tired of being asked about. After picking him up at the airport, with the carmometer showing 122 degrees!, I suddenly remembered that when I first suggested that he come and hang at my new place for a while, the selling point was that it would be a good chance for him to relax while kicking back in a Tiki-themed bar and/or trying his skills at video poker. In keeping with a new policy of moderation, we could also hunt for some obscure esoteric books on our obscure esoteric books list - something that we hadn't done for quite a while. So, with that in mind, I tossed my page of questions into the trash.However, the next day while having lunch at "Bootleggers" - a 'Sinatra's Way' Italian restaurant on the Vegas south strip - I casually asked about the status of the new album (Namely, how the writing/arranging sessions were going?) - to which he replied, "Good!" While enjoying his "House Specialty" lasagna to the sounds of an excellent pianist (and master harpist, Mariano Gonzalez!), he added that they were very close to knocking out another tune, and that as soon as it was finished, they would send a recording of it to Maynard. When I asked if this was the song with the REALLY unique time signatures, he told me that they had already finished the music on that one. Okay, admittedly, not exactly stop the press news, but what can I say, other than that they are still grinding away on new material four days a week, and would be back at it later in the week (once Danny returned from the Las Vegas glitz, Justin from celebrating his wedding anniversary and Shelee's birthday in palm-swaying Hawaii, and Adam hunting for glossy treasures at Comic-Com 2016 in San Diego).The other question that I asked Danny concerned the fate of the broken vintage Pepsi machine from the loft - whether or not it had been repaired? Now, here was something that brought a quick response: Yes, he was determined to have it fixed, with or without the 'original' parts. Finally, what about the so-called "curveball", to which he replied that he still wasn't sure when it would be made available for public consumption, but that "It turned out dang good, though!"So, what didn't I ask him? Well, a few things, with the first being: Excluding vocals, segues, etc., what percentage of the new album material was complete? I also didn't ask him if there were plans for any guest musicians to perform on the new record, or if they had discussed any cover artwork concepts? Finally, I didn't ask him if there would be anything that was shockingly different from the signature Tool sound on the new album? Sorry, maybe next time - when there might be some answers that I can post. For now, keep in mind the old adage: "No news is good news." It was time to head to the long bar of the dimly lit "Golden Tiki" for a tropical libation (and glass of ice water!).I almost forgot one last item. On second thought, why even bother to bring it up? Oh, what the hell... Danny did mention the possibility of something happening after the record was released, but that this was definitely NOT a sure thing at this point. Since this involves something that may or may not even happen, I won't (if fact, can't) expand on it - only to say that: if it does happen, now that would be stop the press news!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The whole thing is a quick and easy read. That's a good newsletter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    And actually gives at least a glimmer of things to come. At this point it's almost crazy to actually get concrete info, lol. As sad as it is to say that.

The 'grinding away on new material four days a week' caught my eye. I wonder how long they've been writing at that pace...

edit: Oh, and the 'possibility of something happening after the record was complete' line at the end too. First thought steers towards a tour announcement of course, but that almost seems like a given anyways...hell, they're touring a bit this year. Maybe once it's done they'll release a teaser or something?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It would be welcome

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

edit: Oh, and the 'possibility of something happening after the record was complete' line at the end too. First thought steers towards a tour announcement of course, but that almost seems like a given anyways...hell, they're touring a bit this year. Maybe once it's done they'll release a teaser or something?
    Obviously they are going to do a tour with nine inch nails.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    This forum would implode.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Double bill with Tapeworm tracks in the middle. Nine Inch Nails covers Counting Bodies Like Sheeps with Maynard.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Tool

I very highly doubt that's even a possibility. I mean, if it was going to happen it would have happened many years ago, right? But, for whatever reason, it's the first thing that popped in my mind when I read that.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 07-27-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    The universe wouldn't be able to handle the awesomeness. ICP would have to be the opener before Creed to level the playing field.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    if they ever did a double bill, they could potentially play football stadiums. Certainly baseball stadiums, as Tool already sells out arenas by themselves.

I've never discounted the possibility of a Tool/NIN double bill, part. as they all get older. And the Soundgarden booking made it clear that Trent is open to these things. Touring with Tool is logical...same exact fanbase. Hell, Maynard would love it b/c it gives him even more of an excuse to play 9 song sets! Plus, Tool are simply a cash grab band now, so talk about making some cash!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Would it even be possible to do a TOOL/NIN double headliner tour? How fucking long would it take to set up both of those stages? After NIN played, they'd just come over the PA like, "Alright we're gonna have a 6 hour intermission to do teardown and setup. Go have a few beers. See you back here at 3am."

(Also yeah. NIN would obviously be going on first. Deal with it.)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    stripped down stage show from them a la the Soundgarden tour setup or when they "opened" for Janes. I personally welcome a NIN show where the music is more of the focus than the pretty lights.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    or, more likely, their prod. crews would collaborate on a stage/screen setup that both bands would utilize.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Well, one can hope. I, for one, am looking forward to the $400 face value GA tickets.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    god that meme right there encapsulates the mentality of the average tool hyper-fan that so many people find off-putting

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    ME : bought the 400$ TOOL branded headphone and am considering purchasing that fine blanket.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Would it even be possible to do a TOOL/NIN double headliner tour?
    Of course man, how else are you going to play those sick Tapeworm cuts?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    god that meme right there encapsulates the mentality of the average tool hyper-fan that so many people find off-putting
    It's 2000 all over again. Everyone's just as bad as everyone!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Would rather listen to Taylor Swift remix Kanye songs than the jackasses from each party attempt to blast each other.

Pretty shre that's what the meme was getting at, didn't necessarily have to be a Tool logo on the headphones.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    or, more likely, their prod. crews would collaborate on a stage/screen setup that both bands would utilize.
    This would be ideal, but the opening band (which would be NIN) would be playing in daylight which would wash out most of the lighting. Playing closed venues with a roof would be an option but that limits the locations.

Middle of winter where the average temp is 20*F it is!

One can dream. :/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Mostly unrelated to Tool, but I just saw a picture of Twiggy meeting Roger Waters and how stoked he was. I find it funny when people like Maynard geek out about meeting one of their heroes, musical or otherwise, but they're such cunts to people who want to meet them. Just a random thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    if they ever did a double bill, they could potentially play football stadiums. Certainly baseball stadiums, as Tool already sells out arenas by themselves.

I've never discounted the possibility of a Tool/NIN double bill, part. as they all get older. And the Soundgarden booking made it clear that Trent is open to these things. Touring with Tool is logical...same exact fanbase. Hell, Maynard would love it b/c it gives him even more of an excuse to play 9 song sets! Plus, Tool are simply a cash grab band now, so talk about making some cash!
    okay, so TR was open to touring with Soundgarden but the stuff with Tapeworm did not end well, did it? sorry my memory is foggy on that.
    and lets say he lets bygones be just that, how likely would it be that he would want to tour with Tool?

the other thing is, Maynard seems a bit odd...would he want to tour with NIN? even with the cash grab point of view in cosideration?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    okay, so TR was open to touring with Soundgarden but the stuff with Tapeworm did not end well, did it? sorry my memory is foggy on that.
    and lets say he lets bygones be just that, how likely would it be that he would want to tour with Tool?

the other thing is, Maynard seems a bit odd...would he want to tour with NIN? even with the cash grab point of view in cosideration?
    I think both Maynard and TR said that the music dint live up to the standard that they knew they were going to have to achieve.

I know that Potions was a recycled Tapeworm track that Maynard recorded as Puscifer as a wedding gift to TR. Also, some of the instrumentals ended up getting morphed into what we hear on Niggy Tardust (I don't know which ones though, if somebody could help with that.)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I think both Maynard and TR said that the music dint live up to the standard that they knew they were going to have to achieve.

I know that Potions was a recycled Tapeworm track that Maynard recorded as Puscifer as a wedding gift to TR. Also, some of the instrumentals ended up getting morphed into what we hear on Niggy Tardust (I don't know which ones though, if somebody could help with that.)
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure neither of them have hard feelings about anything, let alone Tapeworm. At least publicly expressed feelings anyway. I know Trent was unhappy about Vacant being performed live with APC and eventually morphing into Passive, but that was well over a decade ago so I can't imagine he's still upset. Plus like @SM Rollinger says, Potions was a wedding gift for TR+MQ. I don't know that it was ever revealed how Trent felt about that gesture, but I'm also pretty sure Maynard expressed interest in eventually working with Trent again around the time Potions was released.

So yeah, at least working off of what each of them have publicly expressed, I don't think there's any personal reasons that they wouldn't want to tour together.

(Golly, this whole train of thought is a great big stinking pile of wishful thinking, ain't it?)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Tool thread shitposts

http://toolband.com/news/letter/

Tool working on new material 4 days a week.