Page 186 of 263 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,580 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Wasn’t the curveball the Opiate track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. at least not that I know of, and I don’t beleive it was ever confirmed. If it was that’s not much of a “curveball” to slightly redo an old song. Wasn’t worth the hype of reading those newsletters if that was the case.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Can we just get one ripper like this on the record, or at least a section of one of the 69,420 minute long songs to kick ass like this?

Doesn't feel like the same band almost at all anymore.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Its been years with this stuff, akin to asking Trent about Tapeworm at this point. Need to let it go.
    EXACTLY! At this point, it's likely abandoned/scrapped.

Dumbest has to be Blair’s “curveball”. Love the post from a couple years ago (Fourtheye?) when some fan asked Adam during a VIP session about it, and apparently Adam had no clue what the person was talking about and said “that sounds like something that Blair would make up”.
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Wasn’t the curveball the Opiate track?
    No. at least not that I know of, and I don’t beleive it was ever confirmed. If it was that’s not much of a “curveball” to slightly redo an old song. Wasn’t worth the hype of reading those newsletters if that was the case.
    That's kind of exactly why I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he was talking aobut (if it exists at all). Maybe in an effort to hype up some relatively minor Tool project he wasn't allowed to divulge yet (like re-recording one song from Opiate, for instance), he inadvertently over-hyped it to an overzealous fanbase, leading to fervent excitement and wild speculation as to that the mysterious project could be. The fans are to blame for the insane theories that ensued, though. People came up with all these ideas that it was a movie (live or otherwise), a secret album, the real Lateralus sequel that would expose 10,000 Days as a decoy album, Salival II, Maynard's jazzercise video... I honestly think a band that's been around for nearly three decades suddenly deciding to re-record a track from their first release is more than a little unusual and unexpected and I can understand why he might refer to it as a "curveball" (I do understand their desire to revisit and improve on one of their oldest songs, for the record). It's obviously not a "curveball" to the degree that a (non-live) movie or secret (non-decoy) album would be, but that's because Blair didn't think his needlessly cryptic updates would lead to such wild and lofty expectations. Then again, maybe he should have and this is all his fault because years and years of listening to him speaking in riddles, trying to be mysterious, and claiming there are puzzles to be unlocked (yet barely giving a hint where to look) have conditioned the fanbase to try to decode everything like its a giant ARG.

Anyway, the real "curveball" was waiting five years and still not knowing what it meant!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    What was the puzzle that the four photos in 10,000 days revealed?
    I'm going to be honest and admit that I definitely spent a lot of time staring at the CD case and booklet, with and without the stereoscopic lenses trying to figure out what the fuck he was talking about. Again, it was probably A. something so simple or obvious that it's been overlooked as a possible answer, or B. "something that Blair would make up."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    EXACTLY! At this point, it's likely abandoned/scrapped.

Sounds about right.

That's kind of exactly why I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he was talking aobut (if it exists at all). Maybe in an effort to hype up some relatively minor Tool project he wasn't allowed to divulge yet (like re-recording one song from Opiate, for instance), he inadvertently over-hyped it to an overzealous fanbase, leading to fervent excitement and wild speculation as to that the mysterious project could be. The fans are to blame for the insane theories that ensued, though. People came up with all these ideas that it was a movie (live or otherwise), a secret album, the real Lateralus sequel that would expose 10,000 Days as a decoy album, Salival II, Maynard's jazzercise video... I honestly think a band that's been around for nearly three decades suddenly deciding to re-record a track from their first release is more than a little unusual and unexpected and I can understand why he might refer to it as a "curveball" (I do understand their desire to revisit and improve on one of their oldest songs, for the record). It's obviously not a "curveball" to the degree that a (non-live) movie or secret (non-decoy) album would be, but that's because Blair didn't think his needlessly cryptic updates would lead to such wild and lofty expectations. Then again, maybe he should have and this is all his fault because years and years of listening to him speaking in riddles, trying to be mysterious, and claiming there are puzzles to be unlocked (yet barely giving a hint where to look) have conditioned the fanbase to try to decode everything like its a giant ARG.

Anyway, the real "curveball" was waiting five years and still not knowing what it meant!

I'm going to be honest and admit that I definitely spent a lot of time staring at the CD case and booklet, with and without the stereoscopic lenses trying to figure out what the fuck he was talking about. Again, it was probably A. something so simple or obvious that it's been overlooked as a possible answer, or B. "something that Blair would make up."
    I did too, and I agree with you. But the bigger point is that I don’t think puzzle was EVER answered. I can’t believe so many people like you and I got caught up staring at that stupid booklet haha.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, but it looks like most of their catalog is in the top 20.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

Looks like the new CD is sold out at amazon, barnes and noble, target online...
    Last edited by GulDukat; 08-13-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Do you want a review?

Maybe? Mentions two new song titles anyway

https://www.nme.com/reviews/album/to...noculum-review

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Truth be told, James Maynard Keenan could have set up a webcam, sat squat in front of it, pushed an egg out from the cheeks of his arse, and said, “there you go, the fifth Tool album”, and fans would have celebrated the arrival as ‘genius’
    '

I would join toolarmy for the privilege of purchasing an egg.

if that article is true, it killed this theory:

https://i.redd.it/xd44snuydnf31.jpg

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    What theory? That there’s ten songs?

EDIT: my bad @TheRealNs1 , didn’t realize you were quoting a review. :P
    I guess a leak should come out soon enough.

EDIT 2: that’s not much of a review from NME, I’ll call BS.
    Last edited by Krazy; 08-13-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    '

I would join toolarmy for the privilege of purchasing an egg.

if that article is true, it killed this theory:

https://i.redd.it/xd44snuydnf31.jpg
    So what if you just want a standard, single disc edition without and bells and whistles? Is that forthcoming? I really don't follow Tool but am interested in hearing the new album and still collect CDs.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Nothing announced yet, who knows.

EDIT 2: that’s not much of a review from NME, I’ll call BS.

That's the reddit hot take, which of course begs the question whether those 2 additional track names are even real.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    So what if you just want a standard, single disc edition without and bells and whistles? Is that forthcoming?
    I can't imagine a world where there's no plans for a standard edition down the line. Maybe it'll come out the same time as the vinyl does (whenever that may be).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There was never an official non-gimmick, jewel case version of 10,000 Days released (to my knowledge). I wouldn't hold my breathe for one for FI.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    There was never an official non-gimmick, jewel case version of 10,000 Days released (to my knowledge). I wouldn't hold my breathe for one for FI.
    That's true. But then, the 10,000 Days pack wasn't a rechargeable video screen needlessly boosting the cost of the package.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    That's true. But then, the 10,000 Days pack wasn't a rechargeable video screen needlessly boosting the cost of the package.
    Back in the day, those extra 3D lenses were considered totally extravagant for an unlimited-edition pacakge. Then Tool sold half a million on opening week, heheh. Sadly, those days are gone, forever. There aren't pressing plants doing the 10,000 Days pack any more, nor the Vicarious DVD. What's out there in the world is all there is. I imagine the only re-press 10,000 Days will ever get is when it's finally released on vinyl (hopefully next year?).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    @botley That makes sense. Tech like 3d glasses moves so fast today, my old man instincts kick in and i forget about how much this stuff used to cost back in the day.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Revolver's review is up too.

Edit: there's a couple more song titles! And now we finally know what "CC Trip" really means.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 08-13-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Metal Injection review is up too and it contains the full tracklisting:

1. Fear Inoculum
    2. Pneuma
    3. Litanie contre la Peur* (French for "Litany against Fear")
    4. Invincible
    5. Legion Inoculant*
    6. Descending
    7. Culling Voices
    8. Chocolate Chip Trip
    9. 7empest
    10. Mockingbeat*

* = Digital only interludes

Also, the extra 10 minutes on the digital download are the segues. They are straight up leaving them off the CD, which is surprising.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 08-14-2019 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    the album's final major track and its angriest, as Keenan wails
    yesssssss

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ..."Chocolate Chip Trip"? Really? Is it this album's edition of LAMC/Die Eier von Satan/Lost Keys/etc.?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    ..."Chocolate Chip Trip"? Really? Is it this album's edition of LAMC/Die Eier von Satan/Lost Keys/etc.?

No, judging by the Metal Injection review, that song is Mockingbeat. Chocolate Chip Trip is the instrumental track that's basically a long Danny Carey drum solo.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    haha so that’s what CCTrip stood for.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Tool

I actually really really like Lost Keys and often find myself listening to the track as a stand alone when listening to that album. Not a joke. I don’t think I understood it when the album came out but there’s just something about it that I love.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Metal Injection review is up too and it contains the full tracklisting:

1. Fear Inoculum
    2. Pneuma
    3. Litanie contre la Peur* (French for "Litany against Fear")
    4. Invincible
    5. Legion Inoculant*
    6. Descending
    7. Culling Voices
    8. Chocolate Chip Trip
    9. 7empest
    10. Mockingbeat*

* = Digital only interludes

Also, the extra 10 minutes on the digital download are the segues. They are straight up leaving them off the CD, which is surprising.
    Hmm, isn’t CC Trip an instrumental as well?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    I actually really really like Lost Keys and often find myself listening to the track as a stand alone when listening to that album. Not a joke. I don’t think I understood it when the album came out but there’s just something about it that I love.

To be honest, the music to Lost Keys is solid. If they took out the little hospital skit, i'd probably listen to it as an instrumental track all the time. It just happens to be more of a filler track, which is mainly what i was referencing. Good call though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Honestly a little taken aback from the early reviews so far. I figured there would be too much temptation and opportunity for snarky "Chinese Democracy" style bashing given the time and hype around the album. But so far everything is positive and even exemplary.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Loudwire on 7empest:

"This is the best thing Adam Jones has ever recorded. It’s beyond epic. I’m absolutely blown away and baffled by this 20-minute monster. No other band could do this. Not a chance."

That's some rather strong words there buddy. You better be able to back that shit up! My hype train just transitioned into a hype warp drive.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Hmm, isn’t CC Trip an instrumental as well?

According to one of the Metal Injection reviewers (who also did an AMA on Reddit), yes.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    According to one of the Metal Injection reviewers (who also did an AMA on Reddit), yes.
    Hmmm... if that’s the case, why isn’t that a bonus track also?

I’m seeing Litanie Contre La Peur, Legion Inoculant and Mockingbeat as three download only bonus tracks (instrumentals).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    From the Metal Injection Review, about interlude 'Legion Inoculant':

"Tool's manager, who was present for the listening sessions, noted that all the ambient synths were created by Danny Carey live only once and then he never saved those audio files, so if they play these songs live, he would recreate it in a different way each night."

I definitely smiled when I read this, God bless the man DC! Also, re: 'Chocolate Chip Trip' These guys are funny!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m pretty fucking excited and I can’t wait to hear 7empest