Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 7892

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Vegas here I come!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    http://www.theprp.com/2014/02/12/new...hree-man-band/

Fuckin this. I love that Adam is such a fan.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is there any reason to believe this was an instrumental set or is this 'news site' just running with a picture that happens to not include Maynard. They're about to start touring, I don't think it's too far-fetched to think that Maynard is also in The Loft right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    With three people trying to pull up tickets, I was able to get some crap seats for the Houston show. Never in my life have I seen a show at the Toyota Center sell out that fast.. FAWK!!! At least the shit seats were only $55

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by synyster View Post
    Never in my life have I seen a show at the Toyota Center sell out that fast.. FAWK!!!
    Welcome to Tool. I don't understand how it happens, but it never fails.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm not sure why in the hell these tickets are going so fast this year. I remember back in '10 going to see them at PH in LV. Got 2 tickets and reloaded TM- found better tickets and figured "it's Tool in LV and not a big venue- should be able to get my money back on them". Later that day I checked back and still a lot of tickets left for that venue. I ended up practically giving them away the day of the show after no luck on Stubhub for just above face.

I logged on for the Spokane show the second they went on sale. Stayed "in line" for a few minutes and then I tried 3 more devices. I was using a laptop, my phone, iPad, and a PC. Ended up with a seat in the 200's.

WTF Tool 2014???

EDIT: One thing I suppose they have going for them is these shows are coming up super fast, so it's easy to plan for. Not too many people like to buy concert tickets 6 months in advance not knowing what they may or may not be doing then.
    Last edited by Krazy; 02-14-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    lol so apparently this WWE announcer will be introducing Tool this tour.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I dont know why I find that bizarre.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I dont know why I find that bizarre.
    Jones is a WWE fan, attends shows often and performed the Star Spangled Banner at the 2011 SummerSlam PPV so it's not that bizarre.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I know that lol. But its just odd. Like McMahon just sneaking his way into the tool plant.

I smell storyline!!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Fuck. I tried as soon as I got home from work, at about 3:00. By the time I got on, all they had were the super high seats on the SIDE of the stage.

Well, looks like I'm not seeing Tool this time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I know that lol. But its just odd. Like McMahon just sneaking his way into the tool plant.

I smell storyline!!
    If Vince McMahon can get Tool to fully record and release a new album before Summer 2015, I'll forgive him for the shitty past year in WWE.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Fuck. I tried as soon as I got home from work, at about 3:00. By the time I got on, all they had were the super high seats on the SIDE of the stage.

Well, looks like I'm not seeing Tool this time.
    I don't know which show you're going to, but keep an eye open on Fourtheye and Tool Navy. People are often selling face value tickets.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Dude, thanks! I will do that. I was contemplating spending a bunch more money on (slightly less) shitty seats on Stub Hub. That's probably a better option.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Good fucking grief regarding the WWE announcer. I hope that's a joke but I doubt it.
    @theruiner : yeah, just check the usual Tool fan sites/stubhub/etc., or go to the venue day of the show and see what the scalpers are doing. Shouldn't be any reason not to get a decent seat at or near face.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I almost went to Stub Hub but then I decided to check Ticketmaster one last time just in case and managed to snag BETTER tickets than Stub Hub for $30 less a ticket. I'm still pretty far away (about four sections from the stage and pretty close to the top) but at this point I don't care. I'm just happy to be going, and Tool is more about the visuals and the music anyway, so I'm not sweating being so far away.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, tonight marked the first show of the "mini west coast" tour in Spokane, WA and all I can say if this setlist posted is correct, i'm certainly glad I didn't spend money traveling to see this...

Spoiler:
    Hooker With a Penis
    Vicarious
    Schism(Jam Intro)
    Pushit
    Intension
    Lateralus
    Intermission (12 minute countdown on screen)
    Jambi
    Forty-Six & 2
    Ænema
    Stinkfist

It's not a terrible set, but they've played these songs a million times, nothing out of the ordinary and It seems a little short, and would it pain them to play a new song? I mean c'mon guys, it's been nearly 8 years since your last album dropped, you must have SOMETHING for us. I'm losing patience with this band. At this point, I will only attend one of their concerts if there is new material.

There are so many more songs from Opiate and Undertow they could pull from, and I think it's about time for a Eulogy comeback, anyone?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-05-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, I just got out of there. Feel free to go to Fourtheye for my comments- tired right now. Wasn't expecting anything new honestly so can't be too disappointed for a Tool show. They had a minor update to stage production- I'm guessing TR sold them one of the Tension screens (that's partially a joke- and it wasn't working properly, lol).

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Fuck tool and all Maynard's shite, money, lack of respect for fans, money grabbing tour shit, predictable shit, condescending shit, shit shit shit, talent's gone, retreading territory, penis fuck dick ass balls.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Fuck tool and all Maynard's shite, money, lack of respect for fans, money grabbing tour shit, predictable shit, condescending shit, shit shit shit, talent's gone, retreading territory, penis fuck dick ass balls.
    I love you.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    They seriously need to release new music already. Retreading the same set lists and pointless tours to promote nothing is too much deja vu.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They seriously need to release new music already. Retreading the same set lists and pointless tours to promote nothing is too much deja vu.
    Let them get back in form and rehearse together. It's a good sign.

EDIT: Also new music just means another wave of "NOT MY TOOL!!!!" posts. So I'm not looking forward to that.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I don't understand how anyone can justify that the 10,000 Days tour has been going on for 8 years.
    Tool used to be all about "grow, don't repeat yourself!"; now they are all about "repeat yourself! repeat yourself!"
    They've gotten stuck, and that's sad.

I'd rather see Tool jamming random shit onstage for 1 1/2 hours than that tired old setlist.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can justify that the 10,000 Days tour has been going on for 8 years.
    Tool used to be all about "grow, don't repeat yourself!"; now they are all about "repeat yourself! repeat yourself!"
    They've gotten stuck, and that's sad.

I'd rather see Tool jamming random shit onstage for 1 1/2 hours than that tired old setlist.
    They're also touring in places they haven't played before or in quite a long while. So I can't really fault them for that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm also stuck in 2011, so YMMV.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    There are three kinds of Tool fans:
    1) Those who haven't had a chance to see them live before. They can go to this gig and every song will be a first for them. A-ok.
    2) Those who have seen Tool before, and are smart enough to know that a band who haven't played in a long time, haven't announced any real news about new music since their last album came out almost a decade ago, and whose front man has several other businesses to run, and came to the logical conclusion that they probably wouldn't be getting anything new or rare from the band. A-ok.
    3) The people who are desperately clinging onto aforementioned artist, and who embody the slogan "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". Yeah...no.

Seriously, what were you expecting? You can bitch and moan all you want. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But if this was really even the tiniest little bit surprising, then you should seriously take a good long look at the band's last ten years, think about the facts, and reexamine your expectations.

Oh, and "shit", apparently.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Do you guys know if cameras are allowed into Tool shows? I'm going to the Portland show and I'm thinking of taking this camera with me:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100M-C ... B00DM8R866

It's a point and shoot, but it's a really good one. Have never taken a camera into a Tool show, and I've heard that camera policy for Tool/APC/Puscifer is very strict.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Do you guys know if cameras are allowed into Tool shows? I'm going to the Portland show and I'm thinking of taking this camera with me:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100M-C ... B00DM8R866

It's a point and shoot, but it's a really good one. Have never taken a camera into a Tool show, and I've heard that camera policy for Tool/APC/Puscifer is very strict.
    The email I read about the VIP made it sound like the camera policy was still strict.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Maybe someone can give you a more detailed answer, but my gut feeling would be don't take a camera into a show if you don't have a photopass.
    I remember Puscifer in Vegas they were actually confiscating cameras and storing them on a table.