Page 135 of 264 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 7892

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Let’s all just step back for a second...

Can you imagine how much the internet/YouTube is going to break as soon as the official title/tracklist/cover is revealed? We won’t be able to click a link without something appearing about it. I’m just mentally picturing it all happening now.
    That’s exactly why I feel all of this random speculation about unfounded evidence by internet randos is completely pointless. ^^’ But that’s just me. When it’s time, we’ll definitely know. Until then, all the speculating in the world won’t make it happen any sooner. *shrug*

Until it’s officially announced and on the calendar, as far as I’m concerned, we’re just as close to having it as we were 10 years ago - still not having it, haha.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-02-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    That’s exactly why I feel all of this random speculation about unfounded evidence by internet randos is completely pointless. ^^’ But that’s just me. When it’s time, we’ll definitely know. Until then, all the speculating in the world won’t make it happen any sooner. *shrug*

Until it’s officially announced and on the calendar, as far as I’m concerned, we’re just as close to having it as we were 10 years ago - still not having it, haha.
    Lol were you indicating me with the carrots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Nooo, not at all, meant it to be the emoticon that looks like eyes with a sweat drop! Like so - ^^'

You're totally right. Once this news drops, it's gonna be a fucking bomb on the internet. That's why I feel like people chasing tails for nothing is just going to go nowhere. No one really knows any more than anyone else until that happens.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New album coming in March confirmed!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I feel like it's going to be June for some reason, but I hope it's May

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    We should hold a pool for when it's released, i'll take July...2023.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Nooo, not at all, meant it to be the emoticon that looks like eyes with a sweat drop! Like so - ^^'
    ^^' These are the cries of the carrots!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    For anyone interested, Chicago Open Air currently has a deal going for buy-one-get-one-free GA Field tickets. The code is LOVEROCK, but I tried it several times with different browsers and it doesn't seem to be working yet...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    For anyone interested, Chicago Open Air currently has a deal going for buy-one-get-one-free GA Field tickets. The code is LOVEROCK, but I tried it several times with different browsers and it doesn't seem to be working yet...
    Glad I bought mine already so I have access to the front third of the field!

Are you planning on going? This will be a solo trip for me so I need some people to hang with.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I’m still guessing that, all things being equal, it’s a May release right around their first 2019 live shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Glad I bought mine already so I have access to the front third of the field!

Are you planning on going? This will be a solo trip for me so I need some people to hang with.
    I have not bought tickets yet, but I really want to go. Tool and Ghost at the same festival is pretty much a no-brainer for me. It's just the fact that it also means traveling (either a long ass 7-hour drive or buying a plane ticket), a hotel room for 2 nights, and taking that Monday off work means it'll be pretty expensive even with half off tickets. Plus, I'm having a difficult time convincing any of my friends to join me. I hope so, but we'll see...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Maynard on Twitter is, without a doubt, to be trusted.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    We should hold a pool for when it's released, i'll take July...2023.

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    New album coming in March confirmed!
    I figured April was just too soon.
    Sticking to my original post/guess on this one. It'll be one of these:

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

I'm going to put my wager down for either May 3 or 10 though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Maynard's "No" is going to be as famous as Trent Reznor's "Soon".

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    My problem with the tweet is that he responded to the jackoff instead of ignoring him. Twitter is letting too many loudmouths get traction with people and they feel like they have a right to be heard, that their screams into the ether are viable communications. It's f'ing ridiculous and shows how entitled some fans feel.

And this isn't just Tool but lots of fandoms where they complain so much about how it's not what they want, whatever "it" is.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Maynard's "No" is going to be as famous as Trent Reznor's "Soon".

Or the "Not True" tweet in reference to Dive and Slam

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    My problem with the tweet is that he responded to the jackoff instead of ignoring him. Twitter is letting too many loudmouths get traction with people and they feel like they have a right to be heard, that their screams into the ether are viable communications. It's f'ing ridiculous and shows how entitled some fans feel.

And this isn't just Tool but lots of fandoms where they complain so much about how it's not what they want, whatever "it" is.
    I agree. But, I also think that when these famous people tweet a lot (I don't consider Maynard to be at the level of "a lot"), they actually seem more like "regular" people and not god-like (for lack of a better term). I don't know if that can help reduce the intensity of the crazy fans out there but I wonder if it may somewhat.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

I guess that means.......

soon!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This is really happening.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    THIS is the only kind of update anyone needs to concern themselves with. Hallelujah!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I feel like it's going to be June for some reason, but I hope it's May
    My earlier guess of June is looking more likely...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    June... of 2022.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    So many people so excited to listen to an album that will most likely suck. Hate to break it to the people expecting Lateralus Part 2.....Not happening

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tell us more.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    So many people so excited to listen to an album that will most likely suck. Hate to break it to the people expecting Lateralus Part 2.....Not happening
    For fuck's sake, why are you so sure it will suck?

While it might not be Lateralus part 2, I kind of doubt it will "suck."
    I've been listening to NIN since Broken. None of it sucked.

I got Undertow for my 13th birthday in '93, and have been a huge fan ever since. Similarly, none of it has sucked.

Don't get me wrong: I actually ENJOY your grim attitude, and always have. It's entertaining as fuck, and quite singular.

But dude, I don't think this record is going to suck.
    In fact, I expect it to be pretty badass.

Now, YOU may wind up thinking it sucks, but these things are subjective.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Also, that’s a pretty sweet picture of Slayer MJK decided to tweet along with the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I don’t think the average fan is holding out hope that this will be their best album ever. All that we have to look at is their contemporaries to see what kind of material musicians their age are putting out. I’ve got my expectations somewhat low, but if there’s a band that can pull it off it MAY just be Tool. ::fingers crossed:: I won’t know what to think after the first listen, that’s for damn sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I don’t think the average fan is holding out hope that this will be their best album ever.
    I don't know. I feel like people keep saying it's going to be bad just to lower their expectations and not be disappointed. I am kind of expecting to to be pretty great based on the time they are spending on it (not just time recording, but the over time they have been working on ideas independently or collectively). I am not a HUGE fan, so my expectations aren't crazy, but I don't really get why everywhere I look people are saying "well, it's going to be terrible so get ready to be disappointed." I feel like everything they have released has been pretty consistent in terms of quality. With the exception of the poor interludes I thought 10,000 Days had some of their strongest material...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    C'mon guys. We know Omegus is gonna suck. I sure as hell made my mind already, based on all the 0.000000000 seconds of new music they teased and on the last year's album by that other band A Perfect Vineyard

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    At least this confirms there is going to be a special packaging on the CD again. Was worried they would phone it in with a regular jewel case, but looks like they're gonna try and top the 10K days album packaging. Nice.

My only concern here is, if they don't drop the record til, say - June or July, what are they going to play on their tour that starts in May? Are they just going to play the 10K days setlist again or are they going to start playing new material before anyone hears the studio versions? Seems silly to go out tour at this point and NOT play new material...