Thread: Tool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    I think at this point it's become part of any large band's business model, they are a brand, just as nike or hugo boss.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    I can't understand either why certain people keep buying all this shit but they do, first world problem i suppose.
    Hey, people buy what they like right? No shame in enjoying what you enjoy. My original post was more so an about face for my past Tool-bashing/NIN-praising when it comes to merch. Anymore these days, it feels like two sides of the same coin.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Hey, people buy what they like right? No shame in enjoying what you enjoy. My original post was more so an about face for my past Tool-bashing/NIN-praising when it comes to merch. Anymore these days, it feels like two sides of the same coin.
    I know what you mean. The difference, to me, is the NIN stuff seems to have a bit more thought / details put into it. The Fragile pocket tee, the DS umbrella, the work they put into in getting the reissue shirts accurate...there's time and care there. The Tool stuff just seems like they sent a bunch of designs to Teespring and shit them out. The other thing is I'm just so sick of Alex Grey's stuff. It's beyond stale at this point and their weird infatuation with him is really off-putting. The skull is what it is...I guess it's interesting as a thing to some people and they'll probably sellout. It's the vague hype and the constant trolling that gets an eyeroll from me.