Page 96 of 263 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    No kiddin'

Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Tool, Sigur Ros, The XX in the same lineup. I'd go to that festival if I lived closer: https://www.facebook.com/Bostoncalling

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tool's twitter has been posting a decent number of the band's music videos the last 24 hours. Not sure if this means anything is on the horizon. Same thing has been happening with A Perfect Circle's twitter as well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Tool's twitter has been posting a decent number of the band's music videos the last 24 hours. Not sure if this means anything is on the horizon. Same thing has been happening A Perfect Circle's twitter as well.
    And Puscifer. Seems like they're posting the more political stuff, tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    According to new instragram post there's "another arrangement in the can".
    Translation: Over the course of the last month, they wrote a new 10-second long guitar part that may or may not end up on the album.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Since the release of 10,000 Days there have been 4 NIN albums, one live album, one EP, one live video, the Deviations stuff and several soundtracks. And still we discuss around here how Trent is not able to keep his promises!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    another arrangement in the can = his son went poo poo in the potty

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    According to new instragram post there's "another arrangement in the can".
    Translation: Over the course of the last month, they wrote a new 10-second long guitar part that may or may not end up on the album.
    Nah man, it's a SUNN 0))) song.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    Since the release of 10,000 Days there have been 4 NIN albums, one live album, one EP, one live video, the Deviations stuff and several soundtracks. And still we discuss around here how Trent is not able to keep his promises!
    Since 10,000 Days Maynard has released 2 albums, 2 EPs, 2 live DVDs, 4 live albums, opened two restaurants, had a kid, and toured with three bands. Danny had played live with Volto!, toured with Tool, had a kid, and started Legends of the Seagull Men. Justin has collaborated with a few artists and toured with Tool. Adam has gotten divorced, remarried, had two kids, and toured with Tool. The band as a whole defeated two lawsuits.

Like, I get you, man. It's just gotta be what it's gotta be. It might sound like a cop out but it doesn't sound like they're just sitting back and twiddling their thumbs. By all accounts they've been busy.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Since 10,000 Days Maynard has released 2 albums, 2 EPs, 2 live DVDs, 4 live albums, opened two restaurants, had a kid, and toured with three bands. Danny had played live with Volto!, toured with Tool, had a kid, and started Legends of the Seagull Men. Justin has collaborated with a few artists and toured with Tool. Adam has gotten divorced, remarried, had two kids, and toured with Tool. The band as a whole defeated two lawsuits.

Like, I get you, man. It's just gotta be what it's gotta be. It might sound like a cop out but it doesn't sound like they're just sitting back and twiddling their thumbs. By all accounts they've been busy.

Not to mention that Danny and Justin have both released albums (in Volto! and M.T. Void, respectively) and Maynard has appeared in a few movies and documentaries, including one about his own wine business, Blood into Wine. He is now slated to appear in a documentary called "Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" (not the one with TR/AR, that one's called "Score") which will also feature... Corey Feldman. Woo!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Not to mention that Danny and Justin have both released albums (in Volto! and M.T. Void, respectively) and Maynard has appeared in a few movies and documentaries, including one about his own wine business, Blood into Wine. He is now slated to appear in a documentary called "Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" (not the one with TR/AR, that one's called "Score") which will also feature... Corey Feldman. Woo!
    Oh, Maynard also guested on the one Sargent Pepper's cover album and did that cover of Rocket Man for "The Heart Is A Drum Machine." And cowrote a book.

If Tool were just Maynard there would have been several albums by now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Also, without putting too fine a point on it, Puscifer had a weird tendency toward being slightly unpolished in a lot of ways. The only exception is "MoneyShot" and that took longer than normal to come out.

Billy Howerdel is a perfectionist while Adam, Justin, and Danny like to fine tune and explore everything. I have a feeling Mat Mitchell's more seat-of-the-pants and get-stuff-done.

I really appreciate all those bands for what each project is. I do, however, really appreciate how exhaustively composed Tool's music is. Maynard's on record saying he finds it tedious and that doesn't surprise me.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Oh, Maynard also guested on the one Sargent Pepper's cover album
    Wait what?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Wait what?
    With a Little Help from My Fwends by The Flaming Lips. Maynard does vocals on "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite." It's kinda eh.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    With a Little Help from My Fwends by The Flaming Lips. Maynard does vocals on "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite." It's kinda eh.

That would explain it. I actually have that album, but never really paid very close attention to the notes or anything. It never occurred to me that that was Maynard. Now that I listen again, I can kind of hear it, but it really doesn't jump out at you.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That would explain it. I actually have that album, but never really paid very close attention to the notes or anything. It never occurred to me that that was Maynard. Now that I listen again, I can kind of hear it, but it really doesn't jump out at you.
    In their online promotions for the album, Maynard talks about working on the project not really for love of the Beatles but because he met his wife in Oklahoma and he's friends with the band.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news..._a_meteor.html

Asked whether he has plans for Puscifer, A Perfect Circle and Tool down the road, Maynard replied: "For some things yes, I see a plan. And others I just see roadblocks." He also declined to elaborate those "roadblocks" out of "respect" for his bandmates.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news..._a_meteor.html

Asked whether he has plans for Puscifer, A Perfect Circle and Tool down the road, Maynard replied: "For some things yes, I see a plan. And others I just see roadblocks." He also declined to elaborate those "roadblocks" out of "respect" for his bandmates.
    Clickbait, for one. But there are a billion things this could mean and we shouldn't be dicks about it. It could be that the band doesn't have rights to sell their music digitally. That would be a huge hurdle and something Maynard would be aware of.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Ultimate Guitar is the clickbait-iest when it comes to Tool news. They had even fallen for that "Decem" prank.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Ultimate Guitar is the clickbait-iest when it comes to Tool news.
    Actually, that honor should go to Alternativenation.net

They routinely crib their headlines from other clickbait sites after the fact, which is like the bottom-feeding of clickbait. When they DO try to break their own news, it's almost always without merit and based on circumspect coming from some other article they stole from.

One of the site owners even tried to claim for awhile they were Blair, the Tool newsletter guy, and then walked it back like he was kidding the whole time when a bunch of people outed him like Bad Santa. They don't call it Clickbaitnation on the interwebz for nothing, I suppose..

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    This fucking band. Man, they seem to have some serious problems- particularly with lazy Adam and grumpy old man Maynard. Talk about oil and water.

Theres a decent conversation going on in Fourtheye regarding Maynard's comments on the Strombo show, and his "roadblock" comment. Just seems like we always get hints here and there for years and nothing comes to fruition.

I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into written words so I'll just leave this here for those that don't visit 4thEye...

http://fourtheye.net/f/viewtopic.php...295&start=7830

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Perhaps this new album may see the light of day, in the distant future...

16 February, 2017 (11:17am)
    TOOL MOVES GEAR INTO NEW SPACE - MAYNARD WORKING ON VOCALS

In speaking with Danny last night, he told me that the band has temporarily MOVED some of their gear into a larger space (across town) where MAYNARD is working on VOCALS for some of the new Tool material. I'm sure that he has already been doing this to some extent, but now he has more room to breathe and a better vocal booth.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Now how long will it be before Maynard contradicts that and says he's still waiting on music. This band is all smoke and mirrors at this point. No one would crucify them if they just came out and said they haven't felt like making an album all this time. They just feel the need to constantly make it look like they've been hard at work on something that just keeps getting "delayed" for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure the band has wanted to release an album forever. Someone said something in a Tool Army forum and I didn't pay much attention to it at the time but he was probably right: The band doesn't currently have claims to any digital sales or at least their label doesn't believe they do. The guy said he thought it was the primary reason the band hadn't released new music since 2006 and he's probably right.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Also, does the band have any management or agent right now? I recall reading they didn't and they'd taken all that on.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    the band has temporarily MOVED some of their gear into a larger space (across town) where MAYNARD is working on VOCALS for some of the new Tool material. I'm sure that he has already been doing this to some extent, but now he has more room to breathe and a better vocal booth.
    this will also help accommodate Maynard's ego. win/win.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure the band has wanted to release an album forever. Someone said something in a Tool Army forum and I didn't pay much attention to it at the time but he was probably right: The band doesn't currently have claims to any digital sales or at least their label doesn't believe they do. The guy said he thought it was the primary reason the band hadn't released new music since 2006 and he's probably right.

That's the worst excuse I've heard for them not releasing an album. Probably not the right reason about them not releasing an album. More like writer's block/being overly perfectionist about their music.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    That's the worst excuse I've heard for them not releasing an album.
    Are you kidding me? CD sales are plummeting while digital sales continue to climb. Why the fuck would you want to release an album if you don't see a dime from digital sales?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That's the worst excuse I've heard for them not releasing an album. Probably not the right reason about them not releasing an album. More like writer's block/being overly perfectionist about their music.
    Adam's definitely a perfectionist and I think that holds them back. But the band has always taken time between albums to live out their lives. I suspect two lawsuits in less than 10 years took its toll and pushed back any releases which meant more time to get divorced, remarried, have kids, and apparently fight off a serious illness.

I look at it like this:

1) The band distrusts the labels and the "business" aspects of the trade. It sounds like Adam picked up a lot of that, eschewing traditional management. Which, he's not a businessman.

2) They got terribly screwed over by the company working on the Vicarious video to the point that Adam said he'd never work with CG again. It sounds like the company walked away and Meats Meier stepped in and finished the video in his free time.

3) Lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits. I have a hunch they held off on a new release in case they lost the suit. If they did, any income from that album could have been garnished. Otherwise, it was more likely they'd only pay out of the already-released work.

4) The band's label allegedly doesn't believe the band can get anything from digital releases. More than anyone, I'm thinking Maynard knows that's a financial death sentence. APC has digital rights baked into their contract. Puscifer doesn't have a middleman so there's no pressure there. If Tool's label is going to put money up for recording and the band has to rely on physical sales and touring, they'll be deep in debt. That's a huge deal and a huge roadblock.

I think the "curveball" was a release of rerecordings of old albums. The label definitely owns the rights to the old recordings. The band can sell the new performances without the label cutting in. The band owns the rights to the actual songs. A lot of artists have worked out similar things. Everclear, Mike Doughty, and Autolux among them.

Make of all that what you will. That's my accumulated musings from 10 years of news stories.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Are you kidding me? CD sales are plummeting while digital sales continue to climb. Why the fuck would you want to release an album if you don't see a dime from digital sales?
    From my understanding, artists these days don't make much off digital sales either, and that most money to be made is in touring and merch...