Page 92 of 263 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    A trusty member on 4theye didn't have Descending on there, so not sure if it was played or not. It's not so much the setlist as much as it looks like they played less than 90 minutes.
    right, but im the crazy one for pointing out what a load of bullshit their shows have become. Cue someone giving the excuse that this was a festival gig so thats why they played for so little. Can't wait for the excuses after the next headline show isn't much different. How anyone can be ok with a band at Tool's level playing 9 songs in a headline gig with one segue thingie/song is unbelievable.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    right, but im the crazy one for pointing out what a load of bullshit their shows have become. Cue someone giving the excuse that this was a festival gig so thats why they played for so little. Can't wait for the excuses after the next headline show isn't much different. How anyone can be ok with a band at Tool's level playing 9 songs in a headline gig with one segue thingie/song is unbelievable.
    I still enjoy their live shows and it's my money, so whatever. This isn't a case of Tool becoming Marilyn Manson and can't physically get through a set.

Yeah, I'll admit on paper that Sacramento Tool show is shit. I'll let those who were there feel if they got ripped off or not. For a metal festival that Saturday had a pretty kick ass lineup.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I still enjoy their live shows and it's my money, so whatever. This isn't a case of Tool becoming Marilyn Manson and can't physically get through a set.

Yeah, I'll admit on paper that Sacramento Tool show is shit. I'll let those who were there feel if they got ripped off or not. For a metal festival that Saturday had a pretty kick ass lineup.
    I think it's time you change your title to Tool Defender, lel

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    He's totally right, though. My wife would fucking love to see Tool live. She's been a fan for a long time but never got to see them. She finally got to see Puscifer earlier this year but she's salivating for Tool.

It's not like the quality of the performance is suffering as they get older. Paul Simon's and Crosby Stills and Nash's performances are still pretty good. I've heard that Ozzy is suffering a bit and I don't think Peter Gabriel can keep up with his older stuff anymore. Similarly, it's not like Journey, The (New) Doors, or Queen where a member has died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm not going to apologize for enjoying their live shows. If people still enjoy it, or if one has never seen them, then who's to judge? If someones a Tool nut-job fan expecting a vastly different performance every time they schedule shows then complain about what they received, then that's their fault (or their parents) for being fucking stupid. I already stated over a year ago that I personally don't expect to see a new Tool album ever and that they're pretty much full of crap with excuse after excuse. I hope they prove me wrong but let's not hold our breath.

Sometimes people come in here to be cynical just to say "I told you so". Big fucking deal, not the first time they played a short "greatest hits" setlist at a festival and won't be the last either. Hardly breaking news here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/1...octors-wishes/

That would seem very painful with the drumming that he does. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If there is ever a place to not really be able to complain about a greatest hits, shorter set, it's a festival. I've been openly bitchy about Tool for a long time but seriously, I don't know what anyone should expect from a festival show. It's the exception to the rule when a band pulls a Radiohead at one and does some crazy, long, special set. In general if you're going to a festival just to see one band, that's your mistake to make.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^yeah, but tonight's headline arena show in SLC will probably be the same exact set/length.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    ^yeah, but tonight's headline arena show in SLC will probably be the same exact set/length.
    Which I'll gladly gripe about silently while still not seeing them because I refuse to pay a shitton for resales or desperately play the scalper game the day of when I could get great tickets to just about any other artist I like without being told an overpriced VIP package is my best bet; you know, like the asshole Tool fan I am

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I had to choose between seeing Tool, my favorite band, and seeing Ween, my newly favorite band, this month. I saw Ween, they played 2 shows at the Bill Graham Civic. Just about 30 songs each night with no repeats. I still love Tool, but goddamn if that didn't spoil me. I would still go see Tool in SLC if I had the money, because I love seeing them play. I don't doubt the sets will be longer than the Aftershock set, even if there's nothing different from last tour. I just like seeing them play. Is that enough?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    What horse do you guys back for coming out first? Honest question, not trying to troll the thread.

-New Tool record
    -New Guns N' Roses record
    -Smashing Pumpkins' Machina reissue
    -The Fragile reissue
    -Anything from A Perfect Circle

I'd go all in on GnR if I were a gambling man; I believe the boys can get it done again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Staph is serious. If it gets in your blood stream, you're in a world of shit. But he's a health nut. He's probably slamming fresh veg juice and garlic and whatever the fuck else.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    What horse do you guys back for coming out first? Honest question, not trying to troll the thread.

-New Tool record
    -The Fragile reissue

I'd go all in on GnR if I were a gambling man; I believe the boys can get it done again.
    I'm kinda over Tool and APC. It's been too long for me to really care. Obviously, if there were a new tool or apc, i'll get excited and absolutely listen to it. But, reality kicks in, and we have nothing. Fragile reissue would be nice, but I don't expect too much from that except extras. It's an album that doesn't really need much work. Machina reissue all the way. I hope that someday we can hear Machina the way it was originally intended.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    All of these will still come out before new Portishead album

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

-New Tool record
    -The Fragile reissue

I feel like The Fragile DE is imminent tbh

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    All I want from The Fragile reissue is the 5.1 mix for my home theater and the high-res stereo for headphones.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    you know what was fun? when they played the same setlist they've been playing back in 1997 when i saw them at roseland.....

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    There is a youtube video of the set at the Aftershock festival that's not half bad.

Good god i forgot how much i love this band. their songs are burned into my soul.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can you imagine how insane this thread will be when they actually release any information on a new album?! It's going to be all out war in here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    While it's not information, someone on Reddit was at the Salt Lake City meet and greet with Adam and reported in:

I learned a lot of insight about the band from the Q&A with Adam. There was 150 of us in a room with him and it felt very personable. He played for us, talked about he and Justin play off each other to create a 5/7 rhythm. Played a riff that'll be on the new album. Said they had enough music for two albums but only 5 meet their (Tool's) standard right now. Adam, Justin, and Danny are in the studio 1PM-4PMish I think he said Tuesday-Thursday. Once 90% of the instrumentals are there Maynard comes in to write (that's how Maynard likes to work).

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    6hrs per week. That's some extreme commitment there. Bet there's 30 minutes break in there.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    While it's not information, someone on Reddit was at the Salt Lake City meet and greet with Adam and reported in:

I learned a lot of insight about the band from the Q&A with Adam. There was 150 of us in a room with him and it felt very personable. He played for us, talked about he and Justin play off each other to create a 5/7 rhythm. Played a riff that'll be on the new album. Said they had enough music for two albums but only 5 meet their (Tool's) standard right now. Adam, Justin, and Danny are in the studio 1PM-4PMish I think he said Tuesday-Thursday. Once 90% of the instrumentals are there Maynard comes in to write (that's how Maynard likes to work).
    "1PM-4PMish" Lazy bastards! I don't know how to feel about this...I'm doing my own project right now (a brewery), and I work Monday through Saturdays, 9, 10, 11 hr workdays...and even though the paycheck is not there (this a project that's just starting), I don't mind putting in the long hours because it's something I really enjoy, I'm passionate about it. Short hours, to me that tells me that they are not that passionate about it anymore, and maybe it's time to call it a day?

And only 5 songs after 10 years? I think it's time they lower their standards a little bit. I like Billy Corgan's approach a lot more. Yes, he has released bad albums, but it's a necessary process behind a more powerful album (think Zeitgeist before Oceania). You can't always hit home runs!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So liek
    i've seen tool 4 times. the last 2 times the played the same set list, and i decided "that's it.'

But now i'm married and my wife has not seen them.

How in the fuck do i get tool tickets without paying hundreds of dollars?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    How in the fuck do i get tool tickets without paying hundreds of dollars?
    Go to Little Rock tomorrow.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Go to Little Rock tomorrow.
    man i am JUST about to get a car. I would if i had it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    man i am JUST about to get a car. I would if i had it.
    Start walking... 8 days ago. :P

[IMG][/IMG]

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I think I'm officially over Tool. A good friend is working on the "tour" now, and instead of being jealous, I just have this sort of *shrug* feeling about it. Maybe I'll feel differently if/when new material comes out. But the catalog has kind of run its course for me. I listen from time to time, but I no longer have any pressing desire to see them live. Saw them one time, in 2002 or so, and I feel like I'm not missing much by having not seen them again since.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think I'm officially over Tool. A good friend is working on the "tour" now, and instead of being jealous, I just have this sort of *shrug* feeling about it. Maybe I'll feel differently if/when new material comes out. But the catalog has kind of run its course for me. I listen from time to time, but I no longer have any pressing desire to see them live. Saw them one time, in 2002 or so, and I feel like I'm not missing much by having not seen them again since.
    i can feel you.
    but i've been loving tool since i got undertow for my 13th birthday. i've been listening to them for 23 years. those songs are in my fucking blood.
    I watched a live youtube video and it reminded me just how deep their music is embedded into my brain.
    I don't worry so much about not seeing them, as i saw them 4 times in the late ninties to early 2000s, and they are still playing the same goddamned set list as the last time i saw them, more or less.

But i will never be "over" them. They are my favorite pure rock band, and the best rock band of their/our generation, imho.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I feel like Adam is a total recluse but every time I hear about fans meeting him he seems cool, calm, and really candid. That's good to hear.

Judging by the direction the sound has been going, I feel like those 5 songs could be broken into 10 or more easily.

Also, I'm totally okay with 4 day weeks. I dunno what they mean by "in the studio" but if it's laying down demos and structure for Maynard it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    i can feel you.
    but i've been loving tool since i got undertow for my 13th birthday. i've been listening to them for 23 years. those songs are in my fucking blood.
    I watched a live youtube video and it reminded me just how deep their music is embedded into my brain.
    I don't worry so much about not seeing them, as i saw them 4 times in the late ninties to early 2000s, and they are still playing the same goddamned set list as the last time i saw them, more or less.

But i will never be "over" them. They are my favorite pure rock band, and the best rock band of their/our generation, imho.
    Maybe "over" is the wrong word. I also have over 20 years of listening to them. At one point they were the only band I listened to for months on end. To this day, Maynard is one of my three most respected artists overall. Maybe it's just that I'm losing the fanboy-esque, can't-get-enough feeling. I listened to Aenima straight through on a drive through CA the other day - first time in ages I'd done so - and forgot how much I like the album as a whole. I don't think I'd even heard, or at least really listened to, 46&2 in years. Forgot how great it is. But it didn't re-invigorate me to suddenly want to pay $75 for nosebleeds at a show where they'll do a handful of songs a and call it a night. There are still bands that I'll blindly see without having any idea what's in store or what it costs for a ticket. I guess Tool isn't one of them anymore.