Page 78 of 263 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    It does make me wonder why each length of the tour is so short. I mean, if you need the money wouldn't you do a longer tour?
    MJK can't sing those songs for 2 year tours anymore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Like everyone else who wanted to go to the Florida shows, I wasn't able to get a ticket. I think within two minutes of the on sale time there were no more tickets. I'm going to wait until the day before, maybe even the day of, and see if Stubhub has anything decently priced. I have a question: I've never used Stubhub and I'm concerned about paying for a counterfeit ticket. Has anyone here used Stubhub before and had a positive experience? Is there a way to tell which sellers are honest and which are not (reviews and ratings from past buyers, etc.)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just bought a Stub Hub ticket for the KC show, only about $20 above face value in the section I wanted!!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    Like everyone else who wanted to go to the Florida shows, I wasn't able to get a ticket. I think within two minutes of the on sale time there were no more tickets. I'm going to wait until the day before, maybe even the day of, and see if Stubhub has anything decently priced. I have a question: I've never used Stubhub and I'm concerned about paying for a counterfeit ticket. Has anyone here used Stubhub before and had a positive experience? Is there a way to tell which sellers are honest and which are not (reviews and ratings from past buyers, etc.)?
    You'll be fine. They're reputable and will completely refund any fake tickets, though to sell on there you have to confirm out the ass that you're for real so you'll be fine. I've used brokers many times and have never had an issue.

That being said...it may be because StubHub is the biggest name, but I almost NEVER use them as there are a ton of other reputable brokers...and StubHub is the most expensive one 9 times outta 10. For example, I checked for the Jan 28 show in Orlando.

StubHub: Upper bowl section: $110 and up. Lower bowl about $125 and up.
    Vivid Seats (the one I use often): $104 and up. Lower bowl $114 and up.

I know that seems like a negligible difference, but with Vivid Seats when checking out you can click on the right side where it says 'apply a promo code' and enter REPEAT to get $10 off any order. Also, most sites have promo codes you can find online fairly easily (Google 'vivid seats promo code', etc.) Also check a few other sites like Ticket Liquidator or Seat Geek (sort of a google of ticket brokers). They're all reputable and if it saves you enough to get yourself a few beers, it's worth your time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thank you very much for your help! I've looked at Vivid Seats and Ticket Liquidator and will definitely check back later in January for a ticket.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Mochipet just released a pretty rocking mashup of Sober w/ the Kendrick Lamar track Swimming Pools (drank).
    https://mochipet.bandcamp.com/track/...ng-pools-drank

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Pre-lateralus live Tool was one of the greatest concerts. They were hungry and pissed off, and still all of that humor that you see Maynard working with in Puscifer was actually part of the band. Nobody was jaded, you didn't have an arena full of dumb fucks. It was as intense as it was entertaining, and the joke wasn't "hey we'll exude pretentiousness because we know you dumb fuckers will swallow it and hopefully choke." Back then, it felt like the audience was in on the joke.
    that right there it what they've lost, that aura that always surrounded one of their live shows. sadly, i think it's gone forever.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    that right there it what they've lost, that aura that always surrounded one of their live shows. sadly, i think it's gone forever.
    Maybe as a whole, but it depends on the person. I try not to be a cringey fan, but Tool is my favorite band. When I see them live, I basically zone out the entire rest of the outside world. It's just me and them in the arena. Almost every song has strong personal meaning to me, so it's about as intense a 'spiritual' experience as I've had before. It's about the closest thing I feel to a religious experience haha. But at the same time, I realize that the emotions evoked from me are solely mine, so I don't freak out or mosh or anything like that. I don't think the band members are gods or that the concert is a channel for supernatural entities to enter my body. That's not to say I don't take the music and the experience very seriously, but it's still just four dudes on stage playing their music which just so happens to resonate incredibly powerfully in my mind. I buy a ticket and take a journey. So with that in mind, I can understand the outrageous level of hype and obsession people have for the band and the music, and I can definitely understand how thick the energy must have been in the air when they were playing shows in the late 90's.

With a band like Tool, I think other people have the same strong, deep feelings about the music as I do, but they tend to let those feelings shape their perception of the band, instead of just letting the music shape their feelings. Just because a band's music can have a profound effect on you doesn't mean these guys are gods or that the music is putting you in touch with the universe or any other of the commonly heard burnt-out psychonaut spiel. I'm kinda ranting at this point, but I'm just trying to say that it's still possible for the intensity to be there, but it's up to you.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    anyone score any extra tickets for the San Diego shows? I dont care which one, I would just love to see them before I move to Japan

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    anyone score any extra tickets for the San Diego shows? I dont care which one, I would just love to see them before I move to Japan
    That @StubHub dude has got some last I checked.

Ill be leaving now...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    well, i just tried for SF and that was brutal, I think that has to be the fastest I ever saw a show sell out (if it is indeed sold out...) I booted me out right away, still noon on the clock. I guess I'll kee trying, it may release some tickets later after the initial rush.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    well, i just tried for SF and that was brutal, I think that has to be the fastest I ever saw a show sell out (if it is indeed sold out...) I booted me out right away, still noon on the clock. I guess I'll kee trying, it may release some tickets later after the initial rush.
    Hey- you may be in luck. I was just fucking around on my TM app and purchased one ticket, you can have it for whatever I paid total for it. Only thing is is its an eticket so not sure how to transfer this (my app said I selected etickets? OK, whatever).

Figures, the one show I try getting tickets for is the least likely one id go to but figured I could help someone on here or 4theye.

EDIT: never mind, looks like I can also send pdf.
    Last edited by Krazy; 12-11-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Hey- you may be in luck. I was just fucking around on my TM app and purchased one ticket, you can have it for whatever I paid total for it. Only thing is is its an eticket so not sure how to transfer this (my app said I selected etickets? OK, whatever).

Figures, the one show I try getting tickets for is the least likely one id go to but figured I could help someone on here or 4theye.

EDIT: never mind, looks like I can also send pdf.
    You're a badass.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Lol another SF show has been added.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    You're a badass.
    Nah, you have me confused with @Ryan .

Looks like a second SF show was added for the 7th.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Lol another SF show has been added.
    sweet, we get to do this all over again tomorrow...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Nah, you have me confused with @Ryan.

Looks like a second SF show was added for the 7th.

Lol I'd like to pound your ass

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Lol I'd like to pound your ass
    Ryan likes poopy dick!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Fucking god dammit. I had to do everything in my willpower not to skip out on my bills in order to see Tool in San Francisco. Now they just have to add ANOTHER fucking date just to make me rage for the next month. I fucking hate this shit. How about more than fucking ONE DAY'S NOTICE BEFORE ANNOUNCING DATES?? Is that really too much to ask? Goddamit I'm pissed.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Fucking god dammit. I had to do everything in my willpower not to skip out on my bills in order to see Tool in San Francisco. Now they just have to add ANOTHER fucking date just to make me rage for the next month. I fucking hate this shit. How about more than fucking ONE DAY'S NOTICE BEFORE ANNOUNCING DATES?? Is that really too much to ask? Goddamit I'm pissed.
    1st world white person problems. :/ Last time they were here was I believe the only time they played in Milwaukee. 4th of July 2007 during Summerfest.

I'd slap @Ryan in the ass with a leather whip soaked in lemon juice and salt to see NIN or Tool perform in Milwaukee, and be able to actually go home right after the show.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'd slap @Ryan in the ass with a leather whip soaked in lemon juice and salt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have an extra pair of tickets for the Dallas, TX date? That @Stubhub guy wants $275 for decent seats. I think I'm going to go kick his ass.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    How nice of them to give an expensive alternative to the $200 Stubhub scalpers. This must be what it's like to get/feel "tea-bagged"...

TOOL VIP EXPERIENCE CONSIDERATIONS

In reading some comments about fans being at the mercy of the ticket agencies, and now unable to get seats for the SOLD OUT SHOWS, something for the more than casual Tool fan to consider would be to purchase some of the remaining LIMITED VIP PACKAGES. By buying these VIPS, you get FRONT ROW SEATS and all the 'trimmings' WITHOUT having to deal with scalpers, ticket agencies, and - did I mention - scalpers. Needless to say, these would also make a great holiday gift for that special someone who wants to go to both the concert and the special pre-concert event with HOST JUSTIN ROBERTS in the building. Just saying... If you are considering VIPS for those remaining shows (listed below), here's what you will get:
    TOOL VIP TICKET PRE-SALE CONTENTS:
    - One (1) VIP ticket for admission to concert show (to be distributed at the VIP event)
    - Admission for one (1) to the VIP event in the venue
    - Early entry into the venue
    - Live Q+A session with Adam Jones*
    - One (1) VIP merchandise pack (to be picked up at the VIP event)
    - Tool's tour merchandise available for early purchase and at a discount at the VIP event
    - Photo opportunity
    - Light refreshments
    *Live Q+A session is subject to change with another band member or band members./
    DISCLAIMER/RESTRICTION terms will be posted in the webstore, along with purchase details and other related information.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Lol at that!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I ordered a bunch of xmas merch to give to friends and for myself. Spent a bunch of coin on it. The thing that was supposed to take the longest was to arrive to me by 12/18. By the 16th I had not heard anything and my order was sitting there as pending. My money had been taken from my credit card. In the end my items arrived on 12/22 in good order. However the email exchange that came out of this is amazing! The first three emails are the ones i sent and the fourth is the response i got. Enjoy!

Dec 16 5:35AM EST

I have 2 open orders, this one and another one. My guess is both orders are going to be packaged and shipped together. That being said the item that had the longest date of arrival was given a date of 12/18/15. Since shipping is 2 day priority today would be the drop dead date for shipping. Please provide me with tracking by the end of the day today. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    xxxxxxxxxx

Dec 16 7:18PM EST

Please advise on my orders. The money processed no problem and i have no idea what is going. when are they shipping? Have they shipped? Is there tracking? Is there a delay from your supplier? Thank you.

xxxxxxxxxx

Dec 18 4:22PM EST

I have checked my order and it is still noted as "pending" 123456 and 123457. You have charged my credit card and been paid. As stated on the website the longest lead time item was to arrive by 12/18. I have emailed now 3 times about this and no one is responding. There is no customer service phone number and this is my only was to contact your company. I will need to to know the status of my order by Monday 12/20/15 or i am going to contact the bbb. This is very unprofessional. You have $350.00 of mine and i have no clue what is going on and you refuse to respond to emails. Thank you for your time.

xxxxxxxxxx

The response I received

Dec 30 2:49PM EST

Yes the longest lead time was to be in stock by the 18th. If it comes in on the 18th and you emailed me on the 18th then I’m not sure how you expected me to work any faster. Im the only person who answered all 879 emails on top of shipping out all 1324 orders that were waiting for their shipments to arrive. If you haven’t noticed its taken me a while to reply to this email because i felt it was more important to ship out orders than it was to spend days on end answering and fixing email issues regarding VIP packages and xmas merch inquiries. And please feel free to contact the BBB just like every other impatient customer. I can only work as fast as i can. I can’t hire any help and management didn’t care because they were to busy with the upcoming tour to listen to my request to hire help. Im sure you could’ve done 1000 times better, answering emails, logging in VIP orders, stocking and folding merch, putting orders together, then shipping them out and all the other little things that need to be done that everyone takes for granted. Im sure you would’ve loved to come into work at 6:30 am and leave at 9:30 pm everyday for two weeks then to get reviewed by management because of overtime pay was too much for them so they had to make sure that my hours were justified. So complain all you want maybe you’ll get me fired for being so unprofessional. And if i refused to answer your emails what am i doing wasting my time explaining this all to you? People are always so certain they know whats going on on the other side. Its funny cause they don’t have a clue what goes on cause if you did you would be a lot more understanding as I am now when my orders from amazon run into issues and aren’t delivered as fast as i would have liked them to. Its funny how that works but makes complete sense. And i apologize for my unprofessional email as customer service was not part of my job description. I was forced to handle this department and i hate it.
    TOOL ORDERS

Last edited by Fadeout54321; 12-31-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Point of the post was to show the craziness of the toolband merch employee not my response to it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I assume he wrote that having already dropped the warehouse duty and 2-week paycheck cashed, while his login on customer service site hasn't been disabled yet. There's a pretty good chance he or she will never read your witty response. You gave him/her too much attention, and i'm willing to bet you wrote that as part of the plan of posting on a message board to entertain strangers. The good side of things is how you got to reflect on your life experience on top of getting the goods ordered almost on due time.

On topic: listened 10000 Days yesterday, it aged very well, hands down awesome record and if it's their last it's a great career for the band. Anything else (that future may or may not bring) is a cherry on the cake's icing.
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 12-31-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    I assume he wrote that having already dropped the warehouse duty and 2-week paycheck cashed, while his login on customer service site hasn't been disabled yet. There's a pretty good chance he or she will never read your witty response. You gave him/her too much attention, and i'm willing to bet you wrote that as part of the plan of posting on a message board to entertain strangers. The good side of things is how you got to reflect on your life experience on top of getting the goods ordered almost on due time.
    Based on his/her crazy response to pretty normal emails my guess is they may actually read it. I wrote my response because I thought is was worth it. I don't feel that i gave them too much attention and my plan when writing it was actually not meant to share it with anyone. My wife and i were talking about it after the fact and she was like "this is one of those stories you see that gets picked up on Reddit". She thought it was pretty funny in general so i figured i would share it here for everyone to enjoy. Never had an experience like this buying anything anywhere. Kind of wild.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I liked the response from the CSR... lol Many amused. Much smile.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I laughed. The guy is probably a Tool fan too (formerely?) so that makes it more appropriate.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If I wanted to read an email exchange between two insufferable douchebags, the Tool thread is not where I would go.