Page 67 of 264 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 7895

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Does anyone have any more information about this live lounge version of Hooker at the end of ? Is that Maynard singing? Was this interlude common at shows?
    I'm fairly certain that Billy Howerdel did the "remix" if you will. But that is all I know. No clue who is singing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I'm fairly certain that Billy Howerdel did the "remix" if you will. But that is all I know. No clue who is singing.
    You are correct. and it's Billy singing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    And it wasn't an interlude. It was their exit music.

Really wish this would get released. Should have been on friggin' Salival instead of LAMC.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Here is your big announcment:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Once again my not getting my hopes up proves useful.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Wow. That was an announcement of an announcement of an announcement. They out-Billy Corgan'd Billy Corgan.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'll be there that Friday (and Saturday for the show). Who wants to pool money together so I can ask them redundant questions that won't get a straight answer?...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    odds they alter their setlist thats been the same, for what, the last 14 years?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    I wonder how long their set is for this festival. 1 hour?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I wonder how long their set is for this festival. 1 hour?
    Their time slot is for 1 hour and 45 minutes. They'll play for 1 hour and 15 minutes at the most, which is about 9-10 songs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    I'll keep saying this until someone acknowledges it as true. They're not playing for the hardcore fans (especially at a festival) or the people following them. They're not playing to the people who have seen them 5 times since 2006. They're putting on a spectacle show that, really, is going to be incredibly special to anyone who hasn't seen them live before.

If this were my first show, I wouldn't grouse about the set list because I'd just be happy to be seeing them.

Having said that, Tool's songs are also fairly complicated and long which takes time to coordinate. Some bands can pull from a huge catalog of songs and some can't. Tool is just one of those bands that had a fairly shallow pool of songs to pick from. Even shallower when you realize that Maynard's voice is definitely different than it was in 92-96.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    considering it's only 1 show (so far) chances are they did little in terms of rehearsals so it's even more likely to be a safe setlist.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortysixand2 View Post
    Their time slot is for 1 hour and 45 minutes. They'll play for 1 hour and 15 minutes at the most, which is about 9-10 songs.
    Nice, intermission!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I'll keep saying this until someone acknowledges it as true. They're not playing for the hardcore fans (especially at a festival) or the people following them. They're not playing to the people who have seen them 5 times since 2006. They're putting on a spectacle show that, really, is going to be incredibly special to anyone who hasn't seen them live before.

If this were my first show, I wouldn't grouse about the set list because I'd just be happy to be seeing them.

Having said that, Tool's songs are also fairly complicated and long which takes time to coordinate. Some bands can pull from a huge catalog of songs and some can't. Tool is just one of those bands that had a fairly shallow pool of songs to pick from. Even shallower when you realize that Maynard's voice is definitely different than it was in 92-96.
    all the more reason for them to acknowledge they made 2 albums prior to aenima.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ^^^One and a half albums, but true. I really, really love Opiate and Sweat is one of my all time favorites, but that "album" does not flow like the other Tool releases. It sounds like the first 3 songs were recorded at one time, then the live ones a different time, and then Opiate another. It NEEDS a remaster, not a re-packaging.

I would KILL to see that show! Enjoy everyone.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Or you could just say "bump" and get it over with. Takes less time to type. More time to get other things done. Take up knitting, perhaps. Everyone likes a nice hand knitted hat.

(oh, and the 23rd is just a few hours from being over with here. Not gonna lose any sleep wondering if an announcement will be made by morning; color me shocked if any actual news of interest has come up by then)
    OK, I will do that for you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tool sold out...their night at the festival that is. In other news, if anyone would like to buy a ticket, I have one for sale. They're going for upwards of $200 on local Craigslist but I'll take what I paid for it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Maynard James Keenan biography out next fall?

Puscifer FB update:

"And away we go!
    Sarah Jensen wrote:
    "We have, as they say, inked the deal.
    It’s been a year-long journey of proposals and queries and nibbles and “nope”s, but my amazing agent, Ann Collette, never lost faith in the dream.
    The agreement with Backbeat Books is a reality, and the biography of Maynard Keenan is slated for publication next fall.
    Lots of work still to be done, but today’s priority: feeling grateful to everybody who’s been there for us throughout this project. That means you!"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Maynard James Keenan biography out next fall?

Puscifer FB update:

"And away we go!
    Sarah Jensen wrote:
    "We have, as they say, inked the deal.
    It’s been a year-long journey of proposals and queries and nibbles and “nope”s, but my amazing agent, Ann Collette, never lost faith in the dream.
    The agreement with Backbeat Books is a reality, and the biography of Maynard Keenan is slated for publication next fall.
    Lots of work still to be done, but today’s priority: feeling grateful to everybody who’s been there for us throughout this project. That means you!"
    Book tour before album tour. I call this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kattastrophic View Post
    Interesting, yes. The author fucked up the definition of "anima" though – there's oversimplification, but then there's just getting it wrong/misunderstanding.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Interesting, yes. The author fucked up the definition of "anima" though – there's oversimplification, but then there's just getting it wrong/misunderstanding.
    Also I can't be the only one that thinks Stinkfist doesn't really sound like anything they've done on Undertow...

Hell, it's one of the reasons I really started to love Tool- it departed from the "alt-metal" sound of their early 90's stuff.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Also I can't be the only one that thinks Stinkfist doesn't really sound like anything they've done on Undertow...

Hell, it's one of the reasons I really started to love Tool- it departed from the "alt-metal" sound of their early 90's stuff.
    I ABSOLUTELY agree with you, but it was the other way around for me.
    I got Undertow in 93 for my 13th birthday, and then Opiate. I was a HUGE tool fan. Me and my cousin MADE our own Tool t shirts.
    But when Aenima and Stinkfist came out, it flat out sounded like a different band to me.
    It took me at least a year to come around to it.

Of course, i ADORE pretty much every song on that record now.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Now that I think about it...I kind of wish that the upcoming book was an autobiography. The man has a way with words - I feel like it would be a much more interesting read if he wrote it himself.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    In an article earlier this year he mentioned he was working on it. So I feel like he might have collaborated on it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    New article/interview that talks a lot about the book.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...erson-20151002

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think that's a great article. We get the "lazy person" thing a lot and I kinda think it's not as hostile as it sounds.

I think it's just meant like he said here. They're working on what they're working on and he's working on his end.

They have almost 10 years of riffs and ideas to dig through. So I imagine an article a year ago might refer to stuff that's been trashed in favor of other stuff. Or maybe just a total change in direction.

It's not that I "have faith." I just feel like in any creative process it takes awhile to get your feet wet then dive in.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    2016 it is.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    2016 it is.

For what?...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    For what?...