Page 55 of 263 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @Krazy

heh, there was one person bidding $500, then at the last
    minute a user from the UK with 0 feedback bid $510. They just messaged me the below so I now have to contact the first bidder to see if they are still interested:

" I was on the phone to HMRC earlier, they are advising there will be between a £30-40 charge at my end as the cost exceeds £200. This is gonna take me over my limit mate, it there any possibility to withdraw from the sale? Sincere apologies to do this mate"

fuck sake

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @Krazy

got in touch with the other dude and he said he wanted it for his brothers birthday next month, and when he didn't win mine he hit the panic button and bought a used copy off discogs.com

jesussssss

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That sucks Ryan. I hate ebay for that stuff. I remember I was sellin my signed Salival on ebay and a bunch of jackasses ran up the bid to 14,000$. I had to relist it twice. cost me a bunch of time and money.... fuckin wankers

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    That sucks Ryan. I hate ebay for that stuff. I remember I was sellin my signed Salival on ebay and a bunch of jackasses ran up the bid to 14,000$. I had to relist it twice. cost me a bunch of time and money.... fuckin wankers
    Bastard fucks.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That reminds me - I was checking out my copy of Salival some moons ago and the book almost fell apart, glue didn't hold pages together anymore, which kinda sucks.
    On the bright side, it can now be scanned conveniently, to make a pdf or something, would that be of any use?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    That reminds me - I was checking out my copy of Salival some moons ago and the book almost fell apart, glue didn't hold pages together anymore, which kinda sucks.
    On the bright side, it can now be scanned conveniently, to make a pdf or something, would that be of any use?
    That would actually be effing fantastic!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll be forever glad I found a used copy of Salival (DVD version) in perfect condition at a CD store. For 11 bucks. This was in 2005 or 2006. Still throw the DVD on occasionally even if Youtube has all the videos.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Please le do.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Please le do.
    the result is less than effing fantastic, anyway PMs sent @gerbil @seasonsinthesky

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Here's my summary of the latest monthly toolband newsletter:
    Last edited by Krazy; 02-02-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: newsletter, dummy

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So I may be totally behind in this but I remember the Opiate reissue happening and there being the whole "there's gonna be a special golden ticket in x amount of these," whatever happened with that? Did anyone get them, did they amount to anything?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Here's my summary of the latest monthly toolband letter:
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So I may be totally behind in this but I remember the Opiate reissue happening and there being the whole "there's gonna be a special golden ticket in x amount of these," whatever happened with that? Did anyone get them, did they amount to anything?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That would be awesome. Both my VHS and DVD copies are real stiff and i can tell if I move them too much they are going to start falling apart too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Here's my summary of the latest monthly toolband newsletter:
    They're talking expansively about writing new songs and at least two posts so far with "the end"s. It's positive for me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yay! More side projects to further delay recording the TOOL record.

At this point, I consider TOOL done. The band's heart is obviously elsewhere. They're just not into it anymore. They just don't want to publically come out and say it's done to avoid all the fan rage. But all signs point to "We don't give a shit about this band anymore".

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

At this point, I consider TOOL done. The band's heart is obviously elsewhere. They're just not into it anymore. They just don't want to publically come out and say it's done to avoid all the fan rage. But all signs point to "We don't give a shit about this band anymore".
    Not sure if I'd say they've given up on it. But, there definitely seems to be a lack of interest. Maybe they're in denial about it. Then again, who knows? I really don't care anymore if there's a new album or not. That ship's sailed for me. If they do release an album, I'll check it out. But, I'm not worried about what they are doing or what they might be doing. Everyone has their own things going on. So, if it's the end, I'm fine with it, as anticlimactic as it may be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wait it out.
    Gonna wait it out.
    Be patient.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uroboros View Post
    Wait it out.
    Gonna wait it out.
    Be patient.
    I certainly would've walked away by now

And I still may

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Danny's half-assed involved in a side project- everyone freak out!

If Tool is done with it's not because of this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Same, I'm not even the least bit upset about it either, honestly.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This is probably a dumb question but as a Tool fan who is only recently diving deeper into the band, why is Salival so expensive?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    This is probably a dumb question but as a Tool fan who is only recently diving deeper into the band, why is Salival so expensive?
    Just because of the limited quantities and it is a pretty stellar little release.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    http://toolarchive.tumblr.com/post/110963648481/hype

Video posted to Adam's Facebook page. Let the speculation begin.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Sometimes this board feels like a bunch of catholics and atheists discussing the second coming of christ.
    "new signs appear on toasts ! is it the rapture already ?"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Sometimes this board feels like a bunch of catholics and atheists discussing the second coming of christ.
    "new signs appear on toasts ! is it the rapture already ?"
    Catholics don't believe in the rapture. Having said that, it's like Catholics and lapsed Catholics.

"I used to believe but it's just not the same." But they still consider themselves Catholic, sometimes attend church services, and pay attention to news about the pope.

On the other hand, in that video its explicitly said, "Adam and the guys in Tool are in there."

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Blair posted an update implying the band was in the studio mixing something else Tool-related. Could they be patching up live tracks for a Salival 2? Could it be a video for The Pot? Could it be Maynard farting on repeat over and over?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    All of the above, plus a live dvd from 2002 tour. 's gon b a good year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I dont want a video for 'the pot' or 'opiate'. That shouldve been done when those albums were new or when the opiate reissue came out. But they werent so lets move on. I always assumed the reason they never released a live dvd from the 10,000 days tour cycle was because they really didnt sound that good. MJK cant be bothered to remember his lyrics or even sing them the right way. 'Third eye' and 'Jimmy' come to mind. Its like, just dont play the songs you cant sing anymore. Play other songs or write new ones. I would love a live dvd/album from the lateralus tour though. But again, its too late. If they are doing anything other than working on the new album then they are just wasting more time. I dont get it. If they dont care anymore then just call it quits. Every album was superior than the previous until 10,000 days. I actually loved it, but its not better than lateralus. They just dont seem to give a shit. MJK has his wine and puscifer, danny has volto and others, adam has the WWF and his sculptures that only god knows where the fuck they go. and i dont know what justin is doing, but im sure he is productive. I prefer NEW tool or nothing. Or give us 'problem 8' if it even exists.

Unless they are working on a dvd retrospective that spans thier entire career with shit tons of live footage. That would be cool. But lets just finish the new album first guys, fuck. And when its released, they can say 'this is the final tool album'. They have a huge base of hardcore fans that take them WAY too fucking seriously. Myself included. Stop leading us on or leaving us hanging with these bullshit updates. Legal woes are not a reason to STOP making music. Use it as fuel. Anyone remember broken by NIN or countless other albums written during or because of dire circumstances? Its time to actually deliver. Make it happen and make it THE GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME and then quit on a high note. (or a low D)

Rant over. Apologies in advance.