Page 254 of 264 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,620 of 7895

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Undertow was played last night.
    Holy shit!! First time it's been played in nearly 20 years! (the last time they played it was April 29, 2002) I hope they bust it out here in Minnesota.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Adam Jones' signature Gibson Les Paul was announced today (and instantly sold out), via this short film with music by Jones, Carey, and Chancellor.

I somehow missed this the first go-round. I like it better than most of FI.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I somehow missed this the first go-round. I like it better than most of FI.
    Yeah, because it adds something new, instead just being the "same old Tool".

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teitan View Post
    Some hard-to-please motherfuckers around here.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Hot take: people would've hated Fear Inoculum more if it was released in 2010. By 2019 a lot of fans either gave up, moved on or calmed down, and were happy to get any new music at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Hot take: people would've hated Fear Inoculum more if it was released in 2010. By 2019 a lot of fans either gave up, moved on or calmed down, and were happy to get any new music at all.
    Probably true. The Tool fanbase back then was crazy AF. There were a significant amount of people thinking that 10,000 Day was a fake album because it apparently didn't live up to their expectations. And those expectations probably couldn't have been met unless there was a few "singles" along the experimental lines of Disp/Refl/Triad followed by some proggier songs that when listened to literally opened the gates to heaven, explored distant galaxies, and solved the meaning of life.

Yes I am kidding, but actually I'm super, super serious. That's how hard core a significant portion of the fan base was. There was an obsession and dedication that bordered on zealotry.

That said, I do enjoy the first version of Descending that was released without vocals and the Adam Jones track that promoted his guitar because it had a vibe and tone that Tool doesn't seem to use much.
    Last edited by think i'm a fire engine; 03-09-2022 at 06:03 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    There was an obsession and dedication that bordered on zealotry.
    Was?

(this is mostly sarcasm but I think the zealots are still out there...just less of them)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Was?

(this is mostly sarcasm but I think the zealots are still out there...just less of them)
    I went to Toolnavy to see how active the old album forums are and they’ve slowed down significantly. Presumably the means people aren’t as religiously dissecting every syllable and beat in each song.

This is my all-time favorite post [URL=“[url]https://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=113571”]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Random question - this “Fear Inoculum” vinyl release - its limited, correct? Like, for as long as the album is going to be pressed, will it be in this 5 disc version? Or is it limited so that after the first run, it will disappear only to see it either a) never hit shelves again or b) hit shelves in a very standardized version?

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Like, for as long as the album is going to be pressed, will it be in this 5 disc version? Or is it limited so that after the first run, it will disappear only to see it either a) never hit shelves again or b) hit shelves in a very standardized version?
    I don't think it's likely that RCA/Sony Records will leave money on the table by never repressing the album on vinyl, given the frenzy this edition prompted, but whether they keep it at five single-sided discs is an open question. I suspect not.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I went to Toolnavy to see how active the old album forums are and they’ve slowed down significantly. Presumably the means people aren’t as religiously dissecting every syllable and beat in each song.

This is my all-time favorite post [URL=“[url]https://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=113571”]
    LOL some people are nuts. I'm really glad I never dipped my toes in the Tool community waters the way I did here. NIN fans have a reputation but it really seems like the vast majority of people here are pretty level headed.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Random question - this “Fear Inoculum” vinyl release - its limited, correct? Like, for as long as the album is going to be pressed, will it be in this 5 disc version? Or is it limited so that after the first run, it will disappear only to see it either a) never hit shelves again or b) hit shelves in a very standardized version?
    I don't think anyone knows but doesn't seem like the type of thing that will be readily available beyond the (probably rather large) initial run. I think they'd be crazy not to make a more standard version available which means they probably won't. Besides, even a standard version is 3 LPs unless they drop an interlude track or two. Who knows with this band.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Heading to Chicago today after work from Madison, any natives have tips for free/cheap United Center parking? I don't mind a hike.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Chicago was my first concert since January 2020. It's wonderful to be back! That said, no mask requirement and all that singing, screaming, etc without masks. I hope things will be fine...

Signed posters were gone by the time I got to the front of the VIP merch line (I didn't plan to get one anyway). I got unsigned. I got there around 4pm. I think no regular tickets had a chance for signed posters. Had 3 row center seats, which was great.

Confetti (Toolfetti) was impossible to get having VIP. It didn't fall in the area. By the time we got further into the main floor after, there was barely anything on the floor. We did manage to find mangled ones by wandering around long enough and looking through the garbage on the floor.

Spoilers as to set
    Grudge was phenomenal (first time I've seen that live). This was never on my most favorite list but it was really great in concert. I think it will be higher in my list from now on. Undertow was played. Absolutely loved Hooker with a Penis live (also first time seeing this live)! The very best though was being 3 row almost center and being so close to Maynard sitting on a chair singing Culling Voices. Felt remarkably intimate (despite the thousands of people there). Now on to Omaha!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Spoilers, if anyone doesn't want to see the setlist.
    Yes!! Third of my 3 concerts and I got a setlist (with writing)!!! And a pick! The best is, this is my town (first MN setlist).

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    ^ Wow! Did they cross out Right In Two for Undertow?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Looks like The Patient to me

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    It sucks trying to view obscure things on a phone screen.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Mackie Osborne is on the latest episode of The Vinyl Guide podcast talking about the design of the Fear Inoculum set. Cool interview, but the most relevant bit of info to most fans would be that there are plans to re-release the whole back catalog on vinyl in the future.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Mackie Osborne is on the latest episode of The Vinyl Guide podcast talking about the design of the Fear Inoculum set. Cool interview, but the most relevant bit of info to most fans would be that there are plans to re-release the whole back catalog on vinyl in the future.
    Everyone with Ænima on vinyl to scalp, SELL SELL SELL!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Spoilers, if anyone doesn't want to see the setlist.
    Yes!! Third of my 3 concerts and I got a setlist (with writing)!!! And a pick! The best is, this is my town (first MN setlist).

That's a fantastic setlist IMO

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Fillow is correct--its The Patient.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was at the Minneapolis show last night (we were in the 4th row of section Floor 4) and it was a phenomenal show. This was my 8th time seeing Tool and it was honestly one of the best ones. The setlist was fantastic, the whole band was in top form, and Maynard seemed really into it and his voice sounded great (he talked more than usual, too). I even got my wish of seeing them play Undertow! The only thing that could have made it better is if they busted out 7empest in the encore. Between this show and Ghost last month, this year is off to a GREAT start. As much as I love The Patient (one of my favorites from Lateralus, but I've seen them play it a couple of times), I am glad they played Undertow instead and they knocked it out of the park.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    TOOL'S DANNY CAREY HINTS AT NEW MUSIC AND UPCOMING LIVE DVD*

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/to...oming-live-dvd

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    TOOL'S DANNY CAREY HINTS AT NEW MUSIC AND UPCOMING LIVE DVD*

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/to...oming-live-dvd
    He didn't elaborate any further, but knowing that TOOL already have new stuff in the tank is a very promising sign. Additionally, Carey revealed that the band are prepping a live DVD that he says will be "a good mind-blower for all the hardcore fans."
    "Most of it will be from the Lateralus tour from 2002," Carey added.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    He didn't elaborate any further, but knowing that TOOL already have new stuff in the tank is a very promising sign. Additionally, Carey revealed that the band are prepping a live DVD that he says will be "a good mind-blower for all the hardcore fans."
    "Most of it will be from the Lateralus tour from 2002," Carey added.
    Danny is not to be trusted. He was the one saying that a new album (Fear Inoculum) was coming really soon, "next year" soon, in interviews from the 2012-2014 period. They had also mentioned a DVD from the Lateralus tour since 2002. So, until I don't see something solid (a release date) I would not get my hopes up with these guys.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was going to say something similar, though a little less harsh than "Danny is not to be trusted," but yeah, I think he gets excited about things they're working on and says things like that when it's maybe a little too early to be making public announcements.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I dunno, I kinda believe it this time around. The Opiate^2 video is just around the corner, and Danny’s just turned 60. They don’t really have time to sit around anymore and not do anything. I think that explains the reason why new material will be out sooner rather than later as well. His body won’t be able to handle all that drumming before you know it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I just imagine Maynard or Adam seeing that headline online later on and being like "WTF? Goddamn it, Danny, we talked about this..."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Danny didn't reveal anything totally new, however. We always knew they shot Lateralus tour for a DVD. We also knew (from Danny himself) that they wrote more music for FI that made it to the album and they may finish it much faster than in 13 years. He mentioned this more than once in various interviews and podcasts aroud FI release date.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

I think there’s a decent chance they get more done more quickly this time around. I’ll stand by my belief that the thing holding up finishing FI or any other project was the streaming issue. (And while Opiate2 has clearly been finished and kicking around for awhile, the decision to release it and the time it took to get out seems to have been really quick.)

Unrelated but has anyone gotten shipping notifications about the Opiate2 BlueRay from any preorders?