Page 237 of 264 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,110 of 7895

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That excellent Adam Jones track is better & more interesting than anything on the last record except for Tempest. Fight me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That excellent Adam Jones track is better & more interesting than anything on the last record except for Tempest. Fight me.
    Not more interesting than anything on the past album but it’s certainly better than Culling Voices, and a much better instrumental track than Chocolate Chip Trip. It probably wasn’t finished (or even written) by the time FI came out but the album would had been better with it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Damn, Hannah Sims (the female half of Osseus Labryint, the performing couple in the ‘Schism’ video) has apparently passed.
    that sucks

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

Can’t say I found that new song or whatever very interesting.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    $95,000 worth of those signature Jones guitars were stolen off a delivery truck at a truck stop. 13 guitars total off one specific job. Inside job suspected.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Listening to it now, but thought I’d find an article as well.

tl;dr: MJK now recovering from second bout with covid; couldn’t breathe, ended up in the ER. Scary shit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm glad he's recovering and I hope his bouts with COVID don't end up having lasting permanent damage to his lungs and voice. As I joked to a friend of mine, he'd better take good care of himself because I'm depending on him for three different bands! (disclaimer: I clearly value his health and well-being over his ability to sing new Tool or APC songs)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Apparently there's a k-pop band called TOO (formed in 2020) that gets redirected to Tool at lastfm. Shoutbox hilarity ensues.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm glad he's recovering and I hope his bouts with COVID don't end up having lasting permanent damage to his lungs and voice. As I joked to a friend of mine, he'd better take good care of himself because I'm depending on him for three different bands! (disclaimer: I clearly value his health and well-being over his ability to sing new Tool or APC songs)
    I agree his health and well being is of utmost importance, but I also hope he doesn’t lose more of his voice than he already has with age

He can barely sing some of these songs as it is. I think it’s the biggest reason Tool doesn’t vary their set list more, they’re sticking to songs he won’t potentially embarrass himself with unfortunately. And it’s clearly also the biggest reason why APC only perform the reworked version of 3 Libras now. I don’t have a link but I know I read somewhere Maynard said a lot of the songs of Mer De Noms were already out of his comfortable vocals range 20 years ago when they recorded. And hearing Tool perform The Pot in some key that obviously wasn’t D recently kind of hurt my ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    I agree his health and well being is of utmost importance, but I also hope he doesn’t lose more of his voice than he already has with age

He can barely sing some of these songs as it is. I think it’s the biggest reason Tool doesn’t vary their set list more, they’re sticking to songs he won’t potentially embarrass himself with unfortunately. And it’s clearly also the biggest reason why APC only perform the reworked version of 3 Libras now. I don’t have a link but I know I read somewhere Maynard said a lot of the songs of Mer De Noms were already out of his comfortable vocals range 20 years ago when they recorded. And hearing Tool perform The Pot in some key that obviously wasn’t D recently kind of hurt my ears.
    He could just use his trusty megaphone for all the live vocals.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    If they're ok with playing Parabola every night, I don't believe many songs are victims of Maynard's ageing vocals. Definitely not 3 Libras, it hardly goes outside his current range

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    If they're ok with playing Parabola every night, I don't believe many songs are victims of Maynard's ageing vocals. Definitely not 3 Libras, it hardly goes outside his current range
    I don't think the album version of 3 Libras has been played since eMotive came out. They've been playing the All Main Courses Mix for like 15 years now. It sucks because that is my favorite APC song and the only time I saw them play the original was in 2000 (opening for NIN) when the only thing I knew about them at that point in time was that Maynard from Tool was the singer. Wish I could go back in time for that show...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I don't think the album version of 3 Libras has been played since eMotive came out. They've been playing the All Main Courses Mix for like 15 years now. It sucks because that is my favorite APC song and the only time I saw them play the original was in 2000 (opening for NIN) when the only thing I knew about them at that point in time was that Maynard from Tool was the singer. Wish I could go back in time for that show...
    I think they tried playing it during their 3 album tour and it didn’t go well.

Maynard has always made a big deal about him getting sick every time he tours and I feel like it sounds like it’s true. I’ve heard maybe a handful of performances where he doesn’t sound congested and miserable.

But if that’s the case, he’s gonna have a bitch of a time with 3 Libras. Sleeping Beauty sounded soooo rough on the Mer De Noms live and I’m not sure that’s as straining as 3 Libras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Parabola is hardly one of the most strenuous vocal performances he's given.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I’d really like to know the reason why they stopped playing the album version for so long in place of the remix. It’s such a beautiful track, why do that to it?

Is the name of the remix (All Main Courses) meant to reference which lines of the song are sung?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I’d really like to know the reason why they stopped playing the album version for so long in place of the remix. It’s such a beautiful track, why do that to it?
    It’s likely because he can’t sing it comfortably, if at all, anymore

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    It’s likely because he can’t sing it comfortably, if at all, anymore
    But he hasn’t played it since like 2004, as people said. I’m sure he could’ve sung it back then.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    They played 3 Libras album version at Cinquanta show in 2014

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    They played 3 Libras album version at Cinquanta show in 2014
    Interesting! Still will never understand why they prefer the remix to the original in all its beauty.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Interesting! Still will never understand why they prefer the remix to the original in all its beauty.
    Actually I stand corrected on my earlier comment. There's a video on youtube and Maynard was clearly struggling through the second half. Verses were fine though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Is the name of the remix (All Main Courses) meant to reference which lines of the song are sung?
    I was working under the impression All Main Courses was a Massive Attack track first and then contorted into a 3 Libras remix. No idea what I based that on – can't find a damn thing about it anywhere, including the normally-all-inclusive massiveattack.ie fansite.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I was working under the impression All Main Courses was a Massive Attack track first and then contorted into a 3 Libras remix. No idea what I based that on – can't find a damn thing about it anywhere, including the normally-all-inclusive massiveattack.ie fansite.
    I read it as like a pun/play on words... “all main choruses” even though that makes no sense, lol.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Would anyone be able to hook up a copy of that Maynard interview with Strombo?

I don't really want to pay for Apple Music just for that. You need a sub to listen to it right?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Just found two 2002 shows that opened with Triad. Mind-boggling. Would have pissed myself if I saw that.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    @thelastdesciple can't you just do a trial for free?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    @thelastdesciple can't you just do a trial for free?
    yeah true, 3 months isn't too bad actually.

gonna check it out now.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Currently on Tool's website:

Through Reddit:

Make whatever you see fit.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    At least it's a bit more straightforward than Blair's shitposting

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    New album? New ep? DVD release? Rarities release? Live show release(s)?

I'm sure they have tons of stuff in the vaults. Maybe we'll finally get to hear it...