Page 214 of 263 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,420 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Wasn’t Danny the same one saying the last album was almost finished and ready to come out every year since 2015/2014?
    Ditto with Robert Smith and The Cure’s 2008 follow up.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Wasn’t Danny the same one saying the last album was almost finished and ready to come out every year since 2015/2014?
    Quotes or it didn't happen

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Meh I think Tool is no longer under contract. They've released their album, it sold as good as can be expected in 2019, and have fulfilled their obligations. It may not have been received as their best work but it was still good. They have freedom to do whatever after their touring. Creatively, who knows what's in store a few years down the road. Danny, Adam and Justin are probably not done jamming together. MJK will eventually do his Puscifer thing. If there is new music to be made and they have more freedom to release material with more significant monetary returns to their pockets, the incentive may be there to do another album. If Fear Inoculum does end up being their last, I won't be mad at them. It was a great run...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yes, but I think he's just an optimist maybe (hah, right). I'm sure when people are put on the spot like that, an answer of "oh yeah, we're nowhere near releasing an album" isn't exactly a desirable response.

He does also admit in that article (clickbait headline notwithstanding) that they don't have any actual songs ready to go, just an assortment of riffs and fills. Which let's be honest, that's almost all Fear Inoculum sounds like anyway.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It was a actually 2010 I believe, lol.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Nice little podcast interview with Adam:

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Quotes or it didn't happen
    The latest interview has really skewed the SEO. This rundown from Rolling Stone seems rather comprehensive: the updates from 2010 and 2012 were from "a TOOL website" (guessing that's Kabir from toolshed.down.net), Danny Carey began talking about a release date in 2013 until Maynard got hurt (pushed to 2014?). Interestingly, the band members were honest the entire time about not having any actual songs done; it was just a matter of getting on the same page and entering the studio. Nevertheless, Carey did say he thought it could still happen in 2013.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Sooo...

It’s come to our attention that a small number of Tool Army Exclusive VIP Packages were purchased by non-Tool Army Members and your order has been identified as one of these orders.

We take the integrity of the membership offering seriously and as a result, your order will be cancelled and the inventory will be made available for existing Tool Army members.

You will receive a full refund for your purchase and all applicable fees. You should see this refund in the next few days.

If you believe that your order was flagged incorrectly - please reach out to VIP@toolband.com by Friday September 20th at 4PM PST with the following information:

Full name associated with your Tool Army membership
    Tool Army username
    Email address connected to your Tool Army membership
    - Tool Army

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Sooo...

It’s come to our attention that a small number of Tool Army Exclusive VIP Packages were purchased by non-Tool Army Members and your order has been identified as one of these orders.

We take the integrity of the membership offering seriously and as a result, your order will be cancelled and the inventory will be made available for existing Tool Army members.

You will receive a full refund for your purchase and all applicable fees. You should see this refund in the next few days.

If you believe that your order was flagged incorrectly - please reach out to VIP@toolband.com by Friday September 20th at 4PM PST with the following information:

Tool Army username
    - Tool Army
    So wait a minute...they fucked up by letting the public buy what were to be VIP tix and their solution is to cancel non-Tool Army purchases? What a fucking cracker jack operation they have going on over there.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    So wait a minute...they fucked up by letting the public buy what were to be VIP tix and their solution is to cancel non-Tool Army purchases? What a fucking cracker jack operation they have going on over there.
    Yup. Just responded to ask if I can join now to keep the tickets, but based on another statement they put out, it looks like even when they re-release these tickets, it'll only be to members who joined before 9/4.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit.

They need to suck it up and just let it be, face the consequences. I don’t blame anyone for NOT joining TA and buying VIP. And was there even any TA members that weren’t able to get the VIP when it went on sale?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Holy fucking shit.

They need to suck it up and just let it be, face the consequences. I don’t blame anyone for NOT joining TA and buying VIP. And was there even any TA members that weren’t able to get the VIP when it went on sale?
    I overslept by about 15 minutes and Detroit was all gone by the time I could get the stupid site working, and that was actually through the backdoor link that I think was posted here. Tool's site was broken as fuck. Originally, I scoffed at the VIP only offer. For the general sale, Ticketmaster totally hosed me in trying to get 3 tickets so I only ended up with a pair. Think I'll just treat myself to a single VIP ticket at this point if it's available again. Anything worthwile on stubhub is about the cost of VIP anyway without any perks.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 09-19-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Was there any disclaimer on that particular site that stated you had to be a TA member for purchase? I went on there after the VIP tickets went on sale to check out a number of shows (Milwaukee lasted hours IIRC) just for shits and giggles and most would be available or released after the usual “Tickets went fast!” crap.

They fucked up, and should go pound sand. Should give TA members some of those idiotic TM “Official Platinum” tickets for free.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Lmaoooo fuck tool

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    As a Tool fan only from last year, I love all of my new Tool fam here! But I gotta go against the grain here and say when I read the email quoted above about the VIP tix on Reddit I immediately sent it to my daughter and said how great it was that the band was righting their wrong. I think it's admirable they are making it right as it was advertised as TA only.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    MJK will eventually do his Puscifer thing.
    There's already been Instagram posts of him recording with Carina. I'm super excited as Puscifer is what lead me here (to Tool, I mean)!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1CgyMyFwYQ/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0WkQs4FDHu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2PMjpllyF8/

Edit: Not sure why these aren't showing up as clickable links--sorry!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Holy fucking shit.

Read the first line in Rosetta Stoned voice.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Yup. Just responded to ask if I can join now to keep the tickets, but based on another statement they put out, it looks like even when they re-release these tickets, it'll only be to members who joined before 9/4.
    At this point you'd be better off buying tickets from Stubhub at 4pm on the day of the show. You'll end up spending a shit load less than the grand(?) you initially spent.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I gotta agree with sinspots here. Assuming there was wording that labeled the VIP tickets as exclusive to TA members, they’re righting a wrong that should be corrected. If there wasn’t any language labeling the VIP tix as TA exclusive, though, Tool should honor the tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I gotta agree with sinspots here. Assuming there was wording that labeled the VIP tickets as exclusive to TA members, they’re righting a wrong that should be corrected. If there wasn’t any language labeling the VIP tix as TA exclusive, though, Tool should honor the tickets.
    I get what you guys are saying but if they truly took the "integrity" of their fanclub seriously they would have made sure this couldn't happen in the first place. It's not like they've never done this before.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I get what you guys are saying but if they truly took the "integrity" of their fanclub seriously they would have made sure this couldn't happen in the first place. It's not like they've never done this before.
    I don't know. Mistakes do happen. Should they have been more careful? Of course. My view is that fans who spent $500 a ticket were most likely aware that the VIP ads on Twitter, website, etc said for Tool Army only. When one took the link in the ads, it went to Toolband.com saying it was TA only and requiring a log in to access the ticket sales.

The problem was once logged in to TA, and one picked the show they wanted, the onelivemedia store opened up. People on the internet then shared that internal link. There were many a discussion on Reddit that the link could bypass the TA login requirement (maybe it was even linked here?). People decided to use it at their own risk so they didn't have to become a TA member.

What should a band or business do when a mistake happens?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Imagine tool being one of if not your favorite band ever
    Imagine tool going on tour
    Imagine tool going on tour in support of their new album (!)
    Imagine putting tickets on sale and there being an option for tickets that include a meet and greet with members of tool (!)
    Imagine those tickets being $500 each
    Imagine spending that money with no regrets because you love tool that much
    Imagine getting those tickets and the rest of the show selling out in hours and being on the top of the world
    Imagine 2 weeks later getting an email from tool telling you they sold you the tickets on accident and to GFY
    Imagine now being without tickets to the show because it sold out and there being no options other than buying from the secondary market because tool didn't give you any other options

F
    U
    C
    K

T
    O
    O
    L

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    What should a band or business do when a mistake happens?
    In this case, IMO you email your paid fanclub members that bought tix and offer to refund their membership. In addition, you email those that bought tickets without an account and require them to buy a membership if they want to keep their tickets. If any said non-membership tickets are on the secondary market, cancel them and issue refunds. These shows are more than a month out and there is plenty of time and technology to do it. Meanwhile I'm sure some fans bought $500 tickets, booked flights / hotels / cars only to have the rug pulled out.

Again, they've done this before and it is incumbent upon them to have the agreements and methods in place to protect the "integrity" of their fanclub. How hard is it to generate unique, one-time codes?
    Last edited by cdm; 09-20-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Imagine tool being one of if not your favorite band ever
    Imagine tool going on tour
    Imagine tool going on tour in support of their new album (!)
    Imagine putting tickets on sale and there being an option for tickets that include a meet and greet with members of tool (!)
    Imagine those tickets being $500 each
    Imagine spending that money with no regrets because you love tool that much
    Imagine getting those tickets and the rest of the show selling out in hours and being on the top of the world
    Imagine 2 weeks later getting an email from tool telling you they sold you the tickets on accident and to GFY
    Imagine now being without tickets to the show because it sold out and there being no options other than buying from the secondary market because tool didn't give you any other options

F
    U
    C
    K

T
    O
    O
    L
    Real Tool fans are used to getting fucked.

/s. Kind of.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    In addition, you email those that bought tickets without an account and require them to buy a membership if they want to keep their tickets.
    This. Obviously, I would have gladly bought a $50 membership if I knew it was required to buy an $1100 package. The word on the street the day before they went on sale was that they had opened VIP tickets up the public, so I didn't bother getting a membership. If it was their fuckup, which it was, I should be allowed to purchase a membership in order to retain my tickets.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I wonder if the "band" even knows about this, or is it completely in the hands of their management.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I wonder if the "band" even knows about this, or is it completely in the hands of their management.
    I feel like they would have had to sign off on the decision to recall tickets.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I realize Amazon isn't the most poplar music service (but that's the one I use), but thought I would mention FI (album, not single, which remains) was apparently moved today from Prime Music (included with Prime) to Prime Unlimited (extra fee per month). So, now I am debating paying for Unlimited (also because the HD versions are on unlimited). Not having previously been into HD formats, is the quality noticeable with just standard consumer type equipment (speakers/headphones). If not, any tips for how to get the most out of them without spending a ton? Thanks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Vinyl bootlegs are incoming already. Wtf were they thinking letting bootleggers get to this before a legitimate pressing?

Last edited by imail724; 09-20-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sooo...

Tool Army username
    - Tool Army
    Fuck Tool. Seriously. This is some bullshit. You fucked up, honor your fuck up.