Page 212 of 263 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,360 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Here’s what I was thinking about:

http://www.collectiveunconscious.org/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Yeah, me too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Here’s what I was thinking about:

http://www.collectiveunconscious.org/
    Thanks. This one looks like it might be a very good resource!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Another article on topping the billboard chart, and this one has some actual discussion of pop culture, implications, etc.
    https://www.kerrang.com/features/why...lboard-charts/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Undertow and Opiate have come back into my regular rotation with the digital remasters. They finally sound like they should instead of sounding like relics of the early 90s.

And, yeah, I feel that way about tons of bands from that era pressed to CD with older DAT systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Due to the clusterfuck that was Staples On Sale, I ended up with 4 pairs of tickets and only 1 email confirmation. I talked to the chat agent today and they let me pick which 2 pairs of tickets I wanted to keep. If this goes through then I will firmly believe miracles do actually happen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Been thinking about my ideal setlist since I got my tickets.

This isn't one I expect them to play at ALL, but it would be an ideal one for me:

Lateralus
    Pneuma
    Bottom
    Intolerance
    Fear Inoculum
    Eulogy
    The Patient
    Pushit
    Sweat
    Disposition -> Reflection -> Triad

E: 7empest

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post

This isn't one I expect them to play at ALL, but it would be an ideal one for me:

Lateralus
    Pneuma
    Bottom
    Intolerance
    Fear Inoculum
    Eulogy
    The Patient
    Pushit
    Sweat

I’m guessing it’ll continue to be primarily composed of socially-conscious songs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Also, I can’t be the only one who immediately pictured a cable news style talking head wall while listening to Culling Voices, can I?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    There is, but for the life of me I can’t find it at the moment- used to have a bookmark for the website. Fuck!

Maybe @ninlive knows what I’m talking about? Or another fan around here has it. I’m not sure if it had setlists and stuff but was decent enough. (Probably better than Tool’s official website, heh.)
    Like ninlive.com, here is Tool's version. https://tooldriveproject.net/

You can download any show on there. Quite neat.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    when more tickets were released, I bought the best available pair. Holy shit... I didn't even look at the price until checkout, but 600 bucks before extra fees.

Also, considering how much I'm paying for the face value here, if they play for a second less than 2 hours, I don't care how great the show was, fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Also, I can’t be the only one who immediately pictured a cable news style talking head wall while listening to Culling Voices, can I?

I kinda assumed it was about "blocking people" online, generally re: social media
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-10-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Also, considering how much I'm paying for the face value here, if they play for a second less than 2 hours, I don't care how great the show was, fuck that.
    what's the over/under on 1 hour and 50 minutes including a 10:00 intermission.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Commentary by Billboard staff. https://www.billboard.com/amp/articl...ning-questions

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Like ninlive.com, here is Tool's version. https://tooldriveproject.net/

You can download any show on there. Quite neat.
    Thanks I actually do have the Tool drive! I think digging through the files might get me the answers. I love nintourhistory.com because at a glance I can see the data by city, or song, etc. Lol, and I guess as I get older and go to more and more it's a nice accessible diary of where I've been. After 30 NINs, I've actually had to look something up a few times... "I'm pretty sure I've never seen that one live, but I can check here."

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    At that point I’ll settle for a drum solo and modular noodling as acceptable. I’ve just never paid this much for even scalped tickets... sure they’re great seats, but, I just hope this show melts my face

and there’s Killing Joke, which justifies the ticket for me... if I hear Tool fans whining like they did in my section for King Crimson when they opened...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-10-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    At that point I’ll settle for a drum solo and modular noodling as acceptable. I’ve just never paid this much for even scalped tickets... sure they’re great seats, but, I just hope this show melts my face

and there’s Killing Joke, which justifies the ticket for me... if I hear Tool fans whining like they did in my section for King Crimson when they opened...
    I just realized you're from LA. wtf tickets were $300/ea face value pricing at Staples center?!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I just realized you're from LA. wtf tickets were $300/ea face value pricing at Staples center?!
    I got a pair balcony front row, $299 each before convenience and tax and bullshit and venue fees... came closer to 700...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I got a pair balcony front row, $299 each before convenience and tax and bullshit and venue fees... came closer to 700...
    WTF o_O I mean at least it's balcony front row but JFC, hopefully that's the PR section.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Im guessing they’ll be on from 9:00-11:00, with some type of intermission lasting at least 12 minutes.

What the hell, that ain’t right. I saw some of those idiotic “preferred” seats or whatever they were called on TM jacked up to over $300 at every venue but that’s it. Sounds like you got the “market adjusted” seats or something.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Front row NIN at NOLA was $200 with fees. I thought a few places, maybe NY or Boston, went to $250ish, near the front. So yeah $300 (nonresale) sounds high.

But, ticket prices generally are getting higher. Names like Paul McCartney and Madonna (I use them because I've bought those tickets in the recent past) charge well over $300 per seat (not resale) for the better tier seats. I remember Madonna saying some years back (5 maybe) when people complained about the ticket prices that the tickets cost the price of an average handbag, and if people didn't think her show was worth that, then don't go (I went and it was great).

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    All these prices make me extra happy I saw them for $68.50 earlier this year. I had a feeling this was going to be a cluster.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Im guessing they’ll be on from 9:00-11:00, with some type of intermission lasting at least 12 minutes.

What the hell, that ain’t right. I saw some of those idiotic “preferred” seats or whatever they were called on TM jacked up to over $300 at every venue but that’s it. Sounds like you got the “market adjusted” seats or something.
    Yep, those are Platinum seats if I remember correctly. They are usually purple/pink colored instead of blue.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post

Lateralus
    Pneuma
    Bottom
    Intolerance
    Fear Inoculum
    Eulogy
    The Patient
    Pushit
    Sweat

There's almost no way the setlist will resemble that, and I'd be really impressed if they even play that much material on the tour period.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    For the normal 2 credits of any song, I can play this at my Elks Lodge. For minimal credits, I can take up hours of jukebox time!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’ve played Tool at my favorite watering holes recently. I’m actually surprised it didn’t piss some people off- exact opposite actually happened and some have said “Whoa, when did Tool get on the the jukebox!?”

Faith in humanity slightly restored.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I am still shell-shocked that Killing Joke is opening for Tool and I am going to get to see this. I 100% expect to lose my fucking mind at this show. My two favorite bands. But I just know KJ is going to absolutely kill it.

Edit: If this does NOT kick you into raging out, you are dead.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1rVXx...TaCSOxSB7Is6rg

Last edited by pulse; 09-12-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I am still shell-shocked that Killing Joke is opening for Tool and I am going to get to see this. I 100% expect to lose my fucking mind at this show. My two favorite bands. But I just know KJ is going to absolutely kill it.
    One of those bands I always intended on checking out but never did. I've listened a bit since the announcement and have liked what I've heard, both the post-punk sound of the 80's and the more hard rock style of their more recent stuff. Looking forward to listening to them more and seeing them live!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Aftershock schedule is up, Tool gets 90 minutes. A horrific 7:25 - 8:55 closing set. I guess all the suburban dads can still meet their 11pm bed times.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I guess all the suburban dads can still meet their 11pm bed times.
    There will come a time when you appreciate a 9pm curfew, as a parent or not.
    Last edited by cdm; 09-13-2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: derp

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Aftershock schedule is up, Tool gets 90 minutes. A horrific 7:25 - 8:55 closing set. I guess all the suburban dads can still meet their 11pm bed times.
    Yea, fuck us suburban dads who can escape reality for 90 mins, then get to bed at a good time so we can get up, feed and ready children for school at 6 am, then ready yourself for work, then making sure they arent late to school and beat traffic so you dont get late to your job. Sorry to be a buzz kill for you.