Page 208 of 264 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,240 of 7895

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So can you not buy two VIP tickets for the same show at once?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    So can you not buy two VIP tickets for the same show at once?
    Yes, up to two.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yes, up to two.
    Cool. I saw someone say they couldn't.

Welp, I just spent $1,131.93.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Looks like Tool pulled a bait and switch on the Toolarmy memberships. Told them that the preorder would be exclusive to Toolarmy members but then made it open to the public instead. Masses of people are issuing chargebacks for fraud.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/co...army/?sort=top
    I almost joined TA, glad I didn’t and whoever posted that the only tickets you’ll get are VIP thanks again. Had I spent $50 on that shit I’d be on the phone with Visa at the moment.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Looks like Tool pulled a bait and switch on the Toolarmy memberships. Told them that the preorder would be exclusive to Toolarmy members but then made it open to the public instead. Masses of people are issuing chargebacks for fraud.
    While there's something to be said about being purely driven by your artistry, it's also really fucking stupid to be as big as they are and be this bad at business.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Bad at business? If anything it looks like they underpriced the $500 VIP’s and were also able to fleece a bunch of fans in the process. Hilariously the same fans who filed chargeback claims are still going to try for tickets on Friday. Tool & Co gonna get that money one way or another.
    My dude, filing chargebacks against Toolarmy means that Tool's merchant account will get worse rates on those credit card transactions, losing something like an additional 2% of every sale to the credit card company because they've become a high risk client. There's no shortage of ill will among fans about this. And just because you can charge more than $500 doesn't mean that the best experience should only go to the highest bidder - this is also bad business: short term gains for long term losses. Taking pre-orders for a limited edition album and running out is a good feeling for the band, but taking pre-orders for longer, and using that to better gauge manufacturing, so that people who want to buy a physical copy get a chance. (Note: This is not sour grapes, I'm more than happy with my $15 HD Tracks 24/96 purchase)

So, yes. Bad at business.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Welp, I just spent $1,131.93.
    You got harpooned, my man.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    You got harpooned, my man.
    Indeed. Seeing Tool up close is one of the very few things left on my concert bucket list, so my girlfriend and I decided to just go for it and then never spend more than the cost of a regular ticket on this band ever again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Indeed. Seeing Tool up close is one of the very few things left on my concert bucket list, so my girlfriend and I decided to just go for it and then never spend more than the cost of a regular ticket on this band ever again.
    Funny thing, I said the exact same thing about 10 years ago when I paid ~$215 a ticket for Tool @ Nokia.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The problem is that it is SO GOOD to be up front. It's almost better to never be up front because once I was up front for NIN a number of times, it's like an addiction. I refused to replace a broken dishwasher because NIN was touring last fall and I could use the money to upgrade tickets instead. Washing dishes by hand is no big deal to me (my husband eventually just bought one, lol). Now, Tool is nothing like being on the rail for NIN, but it's still far more enjoyable up close (for me, anyways, perhaps some people don't care). I do prefer being more toward Justin's side to Adam's though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    IMO the 2 best show spots are rail and around soundboard at elevation. You lose something with either one, so ideally you can experience multiple shows/vantage points.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    The problem is that it is SO GOOD to be up front...
    I know, and I've definitely turned down free/cheap tickets to shows I only kind of cared about due to the seats not being close enough. I'll always want to be somewhat close, but after 20+ years of going to NIN shows, where affordable tickets get you as close to the stage as you're willing to wait/fight for, a $500 VIP ticket as the only way to guarantee a spot up close seems crazy. When Tool's next album comes out in 21 years (the next spot up on the Fibonacci sequence), I may pay a bit of a premium to have a better seat, but not this hundreds of dollars VIP stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    I do prefer being more toward Justin's side to Adam's though.
    Yeah, I look forward to watching Justin this time around, as he often seems to be the only one who remembers he's in a rock band.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    2 years ago I saw Tool. Bought the tickets day of for under $50 a piece. Their light show almost demands you get tickets not on the floor. Bought the limited poster and flipped it for $200 on my way out to the car. Concert was essentially free.
    It'll be a great show, especially if they blow all that $45 cd money on the lights. I'll probably pass and catch them next year when the show is polished and toned down a bit more.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Disappointing day for sure. No way I was gonna spend $500 on a ticket. I'll have two devices at the ready on Friday and pray to the gods for luck.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    Their light show almost demands you get tickets not on the floor.
    Agreed. I wouldn't want to be close to the stage for what Tool does, and what NIN has done in the past for arena shows. Like my seats where I can see the entire stage and extended lighting (lazers). Just better that way particularly when the "front man" stands in the back and AJ doesn't do much. To each their own though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just better that way particularly when the "front man" stands in the back and AJ doesn't do much.
    thats why you always pick JC/DC side if possible. It’s almost incredible how boring AJ/MJK’s side is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I am not a broke ass but though tempted I passed on the VIPs. I just couldn't justify the $1000+ for two people. I've been fortunate to be right up front to Tool shows in the past. I will be happy enough viewing from somewhere back in the arena this time around.

Also, for those that have never seen Killing Joke, oh damn are you are in for a treat. Geordie Walker is of the greatest guitar riffers on the planet. He is an absolute beast. Jaz Coleman is also one of the best front men I have ever seen. I was fortunate enough to have seen them in the 90s, but I got to see them again in a small venue / pub last year. The energy was incredible. Also important to know how much influence they have had on Tool, Melvins, NIN, etc....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Top 5 MJK Vocal performances between all his projects:

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/fa...circle-orestes

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Anyone going to their local venue box office bright and early tomorrow morning?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    2 years ago I saw Tool. Bought the tickets day of for under $50 a piece. Their light show almost demands you get tickets not on the floor. Bought the limited poster and flipped it for $200 on my way out to the car. Concert was essentially free.
    It'll be a great show, especially if they blow all that $45 cd money on the lights. I'll probably pass and catch them next year when the show is polished and toned down a bit more.
    I still think it's fucking hilarious that people think they're getting rich off of those CDs. Guarantee you that the profits from the entire thing wouldn't even cover one day of production expenses on a tour like that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I still think it's fucking hilarious that people think they're getting rich off of those CDs. Guarantee you that the profits from the entire thing wouldn't even cover one day of production expenses on a tour like that.

Only people getting rich off the CD's are scalpers.

Shouldn't Sony/Volcano be fronting most of the money for this tour anyway?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    HOT OFF THE PRESSES

If you look at the ticket details for your event, you are likely to find this note:

Please note there is a ticket limit of 4 per person/household. Any purchase in excess of that limit is subject to cancellation without notice. This event is mobile delivery only and tickets will be delivered to your mobile account 1 week before the event. There are no exceptions to this rule and there are no refunds available after purchase due to these limitations. This event has a NO CAMERA/NO VIDEO RECORDING policy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Mobile delivery only for an artist who wants you to get off your phones. Ok, got it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Is anyone else NOT able to login to their Tool Army account? When I try to login, the page seems to simply reload, but I'm not logged in...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Damn, had a chance to order the CD today while it was in the store and missed out due to work. Oh well...Good luck tomorrow to everyone who is trying to score tickets!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ticketmaster is a shitshow.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It was the easiest I had trying to get Tool tickets just to go "$190 for a ticket, nope."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I went to the box office and got my center nosebleed ticket at $75 flat (and no taxes?!), which was my goal.

I was close enough to the top of the line of people (8th in line) to where I got to the ticketing window well before the Ticketmaster app could show me tickets to choose from, due to the online queue.

Glad it’s all over. Phew.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was lucky enough to get four together for Raleigh. I'm in the upper deck but facing the stage. I didn't think I would be able to get four together with 1000k people in front of me in the queue. Holy hell.... Shhhhhhooooo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    "Sorry, another fan beat you to these tickets."

Ticketmaster is such a fucking joke.