Page 205 of 263 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 255 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,150 of 7886

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I was actually joking about the membership card. Though in all honesty it was worthless. Perhaps at one time there was a cool factor of pointing to it in my young adult life and saying, "Ooooh look at my Tool Army membership ID card" on proud display upon my bookshelf. "I'm number blah blah" responded with reactions of humor and embarrasment for me at best to a complete loss of sexual desire at worst.
    lol.

I can’t remember what happened to mine.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Two questions:

- Does Maynard play any instrument? Not on the album, just in general?
    - Is "Drum solo" played a couple of years ago actually a demo of CCTrip?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Two questions:

- Does Maynard play any instrument? Not on the album, just in general?
    - Is "Drum solo" played a couple of years ago actually a demo of CCTrip?
    He has in the past depending on their setlist. There were tours where he had a keyboard on his platform other than his vocal effects rig. No clue about the content on the new album however.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Maynard can (could) play bass, keys and knew his way around a drum machine at least at a fundamental level. He played bass and programmed drums in his first band, C.A.D., and he played bass for Tex A.N.S..

The drum solo that's been played the last couple of years probably did become CCTrip, but Danny's solos have been a staple since at least the early 2000s, usually during the extended Lateralus. I don't think CCTrip was carefully crafted to become a track on the album. A lot of the solos Danny plays live are part pre-planned, part made up on the fly. It was probably more along the lines of Danny just playing solos at shows for so long that they decided to just let him have a solo track on the album.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Maynard plays bass whenever they perform Triad. Also, I think he played guitar on Schism back in 2001 shows. Maybe it was bass.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 09-02-2019 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Pretty sure Maynard played guitar on Reflection live and he used to play keyboard on Vicarious during early years of 10KD touring (but not anymore, I guess).
    He also played intro drums on Vanishing with APC back in 2003-2004.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Maynard played guitar on Reflection; keyboard on 10,000 Days, Vicarious, and Jambi. He also did the intro drums on Vanishing with APC and played guitar during the solo in The Noose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After listening 4 times or so I've got to say I really enjoy this album. I pine for the older shorter song days and that Maynard scream, but I like it and am not at all mad I had to pay 50 bucks to get the CD (the packaging is pretty neat).

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Maynard can (could) play bass, keys and knew his way around a drum machine at least at a fundamental level. He played bass and programmed drums in his first band, C.A.D., and he played bass for Tex A.N.S..

The drum solo that's been played the last couple of years probably did become CCTrip, but Danny's solos have been a staple since at least the early 2000s, usually during the extended Lateralus. I don't think CCTrip was carefully crafted to become a track on the album. A lot of the solos Danny plays live are part pre-planned, part made up on the fly. It was probably more along the lines of Danny just playing solos at shows for so long that they decided to just let him have a solo track on the album.
    What happened to the Charles Manson dialogue "track" that was talked about? I don't think "CCTrip" was crafted for the album either, but rather, is a section of a bigger improvisation piece.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Probably doing the Houston show. Tickets start at 129...
    Good thing most of the metal shit I see is "not good" because tickets that high are absurd.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Good thing most of the metal shit I see is "not good" because tickets that high are absurd.
    Tension was $100 six years ago. Look at some of these absurd arena acts selling tickets for well over $300 for “just decent” seats (Ariana Grande, KISS in some portions of the floor and the closer bowl sections, etc.)

Tool aren’t over charging these shows IMHO.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If it weren't for Killing Joke and never seeing tool before, I'd have passed. Probably won't do it again tbh.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Tension was $100 six years ago. Look at some of these absurd arena acts selling tickets for well over $300 for “just decent” seats (Ariana Grande, KISS in some portions of the floor and the closer bowl sections, etc.)

Tool aren’t over charging these shows IMHO.
    Oh I crown Craptallica as the king of overpriced shows.

But still, tickets starting at $129.99 won't be good seats.

If it weren't for Killing Joke and never seeing tool before, I'd have passed. Probably won't do it again tbh.
    Killing Joke tempted me too.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Oh I crown Craptallica as the king of overpriced shows.

But still, tickets starting at $129.99 won't be good seats.

Killing Joke tempted me too.

You might’ve misread that then. The highest priced seats are $129. Here in Milwaukee the cheapest are $75 and the highest are $125.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    You might’ve misread that then. The highest priced seats are $129. Here in Milwaukee the cheapest are $75 and the highest are $125.
    No, I didn't. Piko said starting at 129.00

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I paid near 400 for my pit ticket to Slipknot at the DTE earlier this month, the most I had ever paid for a ticket, and I by far had the best seat in the house (as expected), center of the back rail 15 feet from the stage. No crush of crowd, very easy to keep the moshers at bay. Too bad it was not a conductive environment for taping the show, as it was just an assault of percussion, tape might have turned out better if I had some binaural mics, but hey I learned. But hey it was one of the coolest concert experience I've had.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    In Houston it starts at 129. I think its different for different places. I've seen some that are cheaper.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ $400 is cray cray.

No, I didn't. Piko said starting at 129.00
    My bad, I think @Piko may have some different info? Going to Toyota Center site doesn’t show anything. Here’s the Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee stating $75-$125. Doubt Houston has something way pricier than this:

https://www.fiservforum.com/events/d...h-killing-joke
    Last edited by Krazy; 09-02-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    In Houston it starts at 129. I think its different for different places. I've seen some that are cheaper.

What site is that? Is that a reseller or something?...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What site is that? Is that a reseller or something?...
    Not sure? Friend of mine sent me that.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Not sure? Friend of mine sent me that.
    Gotcha. Yeah, might be a reseller or something? Tickets are already on StubHub. Only thing I found concrete (actually credit my wife) was Fiservs website. Don’t feel like going to every arenas site at the moment.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Did this we listen to this yet?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Gotcha. Yeah, might be a reseller or something? Tickets are already on StubHub. Only thing I found concrete (actually credit my wife) was Fiservs website. Don’t feel like going to every arenas site at the moment.
    Prices are not shown on Ticketmaster yet, so Piko's picture is from a reseller.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I don't care how long it takes. I must see a "Descending" music video.

Okay, I do care. Less than 13 years, please.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    That's promising!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Second time this week that I've given up on tickets because I can't see the price on Ticketmaster until they actually go up. Is this a new thing?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    Second time this week that I've given up on tickets because I can't see the price on Ticketmaster until they actually go up. Is this a new thing?
    So you’ve given up before you tried? Have some faith !

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm sort of new to this tbh. Sucks being in the dark until Friday. At least I'm a little more optimistic about it possibly not being 129 now. Still sucks I have zero idea what it'll actually be though.