Page 201 of 263 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,030 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Is the economy so bad in the land of the free, home of the brave?
    No.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Gotta say, how obnoxious are those e b a y scalpers with new album that want to charge twice or more for new album? Is the economy so bad in the land of the free, home of the brave?
    Yes, but that's not why people scalp albums / tickets / etc.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I have kind of a left field question for the Tool collectors out there. A friend of mine was asking me if i had a handle on a certain older release of Opiate on cd that apparently has a picture of the bassist (i'm assuming it's Paul at the time) sitting/standing next to a corpse? Either in the booklet or part of the jewel case? I said i'd ask around, if anyone knows what she's talking about and is willing to sell, i'll buy it from you plus shipping. She seemed to think this was something super rare, but i didn't really know enough about it.
    Maybe I don't have anything special, they look the same to me (besides some slight difference in the fonts)...

(I might have railed some cocaine off the back of one of the cases, when I was much younger)
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 08-26-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It looks like, to me, she must have been talking about the picture in the booklet, bottom middle, where someone is fucking something what looks corpse-like? I'll ask. I had a copy around here somewhere and i can't seem to find it anywhere, but that looks close. Thanks for doing the work to post those though, i appreciate it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah no problem, the corpse fucking picture is a classic. IIRC it's a prop from a film Adam worked on.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Has this thread really gone silent so quickly after the leak? Haha! Hope it’s because you all are just busy digesting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Has this thread really gone silent so quickly after the leak? Haha! Hope it’s because you all are just busy digesting it!
    (Psst!)
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...-Fear-Inoculum

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Annnd I suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    with all the hubub about the new album, i decided to revisit some older tool. i realized i haven't listened to them in years because i was so turned off by 10,000 days and i just kind of fell away from them.

i forgot how good ænima is. even the stupid segues and silly songs don't detract from it as a whole, and the "real" songs are so god damn good​.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    with all the hubub about the new album, i decided to revisit some older tool. i realized i haven't listened to them in years because i was so turned off by 10,000 days and i just kind of fell away from them.

i forgot how good ænima is. even the stupid segues and silly songs don't detract from it as a whole, and the "real" songs are so god damn good​.
    I feel like Ænima is such a fantastic complete product. I like listening to the "real" songs (Stinkfist, H. and Third Eye in particular) on their own, but listening to the album front-to-back is such a great experience every time. I think it's the peak of their album construction and sequencing.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I feel like Ænima is such a fantastic complete product. I like listening to the "real" songs (Stinkfist, H. and Third Eye in particular) on their own, but listening to the album front-to-back is such a great experience every time. I think it's the peak of their album construction and sequencing.
    I agree, and Ænima has an atmospheric quality to it that really can't be beat. I've really liked all of their albums, and it depends on my mood which one I like the best. That's a pretty good sign of a hell of a band I think.

Here's a new podcast with Adam Jones on Chris Jericho's show.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/wes...cho/e/63514842

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I love this new tool song.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Some DJ in Chicago just leaked a TOOL tour date for the fall. Nov 3rd at United Center in Chicago. Support is Killing Joke. Full tour announced "in the coming days".

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Some DJ in Chicago just leaked a TOOL tour date for the fall. Nov 3rd at United Center in Chicago. Support is Killing Joke. Full tour announced "in the coming days".
    oh praise jesus, now I don't have to go to Sacramento.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wait, what?! KILLING JOKE AND TOOL?! I AM HYPERVENTILATING. I hope this is not bullshit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

We must be in the same Tool/Puscifer/APC merch group on FB
    I hope I don't have to venture all the way to Chicago again (already did that for COA), but I'm ruling it out, either...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    We must be in the same Tool/Puscifer/APC merch group on FB
    I hope I don't have to venture all the way to Chicago again (already did that for COA), but I'm ruling it out, either...
    Haha, I did get the date from FB, but it's from a music tour news page I follow. They seem to know when every band in the world is touring before anyone else somehow.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Haha, I did get the date from FB, but it's from a music tour news page I follow. They seem to know when every band in the world is touring before anyone else somehow.
    Huh. The update I saw came from "DJ Nick Fury."

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Wait, what?! KILLING JOKE AND TOOL?! I AM HYPERVENTILATING. I hope this is not bullshit.
    Since we knew when the album was coming out, THIS was the news I’ve been waiting for!...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Huh. The update I saw came from "DJ Nick Fury."
    Mine is wolverinekills

11/2 - Indianapolis
    11/8 - Pittsburgh

Full dates on 08/30.

*rolls the dice* c'mon Vancouver!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-28-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Full dates on 08/30.
    MY BODY IS READY

...but my bank account is still recovering from NIN 2018.

from reddit:

Last edited by TheRealNs1; 08-28-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Mine is wolverinekills

11/2 - Indianapolis
    11/8 - Pittsburgh

Full dates on 08/30.

*rolls the dice* c'mon Vancouver!
    Grand Rapids and/or Detroit (and Ohio) would fit nice in there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Damn November? I hate planning on traveling that late in the year, with the midwests weather as unpredictable as it is.

Maybe they will come to Sioux Falls, they did in 2002.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Damn November? I hate planning on traveling that late in the year, with the midwests weather as unpredictable as it is.

Maybe they will come to Sioux Falls, they did in 2002.
    Yeah, who wants to wear a winter coat to a show...
    Wait, I forgot tool doesn't do GA, can throw the coat over the back seat. Ok. Crisis averted, lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I loved seeing Tool this May but I really miss the GA pit, despite how hot it is, impossible to use restroom, and the standing in line all day thing (yes I know most people don't do that but I do). Nothing can really compare to being front center on rail for NIN. I wish Tool live could get me a little bit closer to that feeling.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Early November “should” be fine, it’ll be cold-ish but shouldn’t have to worry about snow and shit cancelling shows like January and February.

Im sure I can find it on one of the NIN live websites, but I do recall a Lights In The Sky show getting screwed out of of the production back in 2008. Think it was late November/early December and possibly Idaho? Some of the trucks didn’t make it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Early November “should” be fine, it’ll be cold-ish but shouldn’t have to worry about snow and shit cancelling shows like January and February.

Im sure I can find it on one of the NIN live websites, but I do recall a Lights In The Sky show getting screwed out of of the production back in 2008. Think it was late November/early December and possibly Idaho? Some of the trucks didn’t make it.
    Interesting, did they just play with lights? I'd like to see pics/vids.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

I dunno if it's the show you're talking about but Toledo was a compromised show that tour. Had nothing to do with the weather, though. Trent said they never should have been booked there, as the venue itself was too small to fit the production.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I dunno if it's the show you're talking about but Toledo was a compromised show that tour. Had nothing to do with the weather, though. Trent said they never should have been booked there, as the venue itself was too small to fit the production.
    it was in idaho (nampa). extreme weather in eastern oregon caused that. it was a special show, though, since i was lits fatigued by then.