Page 174 of 264 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 224 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,220 of 7892

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Very disappointing album cover. I do not like that new logo at all, and it's just kinda bland - I am aware the physical version may hold more interest though.

If anything it reminds me of 'After The Third Pin' by Sunna:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Newsflash: Tool doesn't fucking care. Why bother with marketing when you have insane fans who do more for you than money can buy. Throw some news up on social media, sure, and stay rather obscure / vague about everything else and watch the rabid fanbase take care of the rest. At least we have had new music on tour and we are getting a single three weeks prior to album release. That already outdoes the 10k Days launch. Bitch away, but Tool doesn't fucking care. At any rate, the launch of their catalogue on streaming and digital platforms has done more than any marketing campaign. They have blown the fuck up and are hot shit right now.
    I think it’s worth noting that none of this is inherently bad, either.

It’s different. They’re acting like a smaller band eager to release material. Despite Maynard’s disdain for instant gratification, I have a feeling the band is releasing a lot of this stuff as soon as the lawyers and the label say it’s good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I think it’s worth noting that none of this is inherently bad, either.

It’s different. They’re acting like a smaller band eager to release material. Despite Maynard’s disdain for instant gratification, I have a feeling the band is releasing a lot of this stuff as soon as the lawyers and the label says it’s good to go.
    That's an interesting thought, because it kind of adds in to the idea that the band has been just as eager to get something put out over the last decade as we have all been to hear something new. Counterbalancing the frustration.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Newsflash: Tool doesn't fucking care.
    Who said they'd care? Newsflash? Of course they don't care. Do you really think anyone here thinks they would?

Compared to their previous pieces of visual art I find it underwhelming. I will reserve final judgement until I have it in my hands...or a youtube clip in the case of some ultra limited edition. Until then...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I LIKE tool, i'm not a massive superfan but I have legitimately liked everything they have put out up to this point in every regard from the music, art and videos. That being said every single portion of this new record rollout has seemed half assed, disappointing and randomly put together. The announcement of the release date, the name, the album artwork, everything about it seems to be one of those "well, I guess we'll release this today", "crap we need artwork this record comes out in less than a month" and "oh wait, we need to market this thing?"

Hell the album comes out in 26 days and we haven't heard a confirmed track off the record and we have no way of even buying the thing.
    Guys guys guys I have an inside leak!!!

Two of the tracks are called....

Descending and Invincible

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Guys guys guys I have an inside leak!!!

Two of the tracks are called....

Descending and Invincible
    And one is a track title, too!

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    You mean the band with the Invisible Man artwork is going to do a hologram for their next album cover? I'm gobsmacked. I wonder if the 2032 follow-up will fluoresce under blacklight.

Music aimed at 16 year old boys will be music that's aimed at 16 year old boys, I suppose.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Alex Grey confirms some involvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Alex Grey confirms some involvement.
    From Guitar World (although I can't find the original article...maybe print only?):

In an interview with Guitar World, guitarist Adam Jones revealed that the Fear Inoculum contains seven tracks and two transitions spanning 85 minutes in length. While writing the album, Jones said he and the band were heavily inspired by the number seven.
    “I took a picture pointing to the number seven while we were recording, and a lot of the riffs [bassist] Justin [Chancellor] and I brought in were in seven,” Jones explained. “You don’t really go, ‘I’m going to write a riff in seven!’…Without being too descriptive about the concept, the main thing is that the seven beat just kept coming up, and riffs in seven kept coming up. It was really weird!”

“Then [singer] Maynard [James Keenan] told me about a whole concept he had about the number seven. We were all, like, ‘Oh my God! This is too weird!’ Then Alex Grey [Tool album artist] basically said the same thing and he has a concept that will reveal itself through video.”

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    How are people already complaining about the album cover? Do yourselves a favor and take a second to go grab your TOOL cds and remind yourself that the packaging and artwork will not be properly represented by a single 500x500 image.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I like the font *shrugs*

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It will probably have some nice foil printing so it will look nice I bet.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hahahahaha it’s to be expected. The vibe of the Revolver interview (check their FB for details) is sort of that. They knew it’s 2019...people will whine about the art, they’ll whine about _____, ‘this is underwhelming!’, ‘I waited 13 years for...’ blah blah blah blah blah blah. They don’t care. They shouldn’t care. It’s 2019...some clown will start a pointless change.org petition. Someone will say this. Someone will post that.

They made an an album finally. Thank fuck some of us have reached the age where we can just enjoy things. Sigh, it feels so good to just know there’ll be new Tool music. Can’t wait.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It's still hard to believe how much music has been released since 10k Days.

With Teeth was still the most recent NIN album.

Well at least Rammstein has only released 2 records in that time (barely lol)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ Metallica, too. Not counting Lulu.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Here's the Revolver interview (from Reddit).

Some good information, but broad. They explain the album title.

https://m.imgur.com/a/WAshFeU

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I need to pick up that magazine- or at least read it at the airport and put it back lol. Didn’t know Danny had a kid. Good for him.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I just see a heavily instrumental album, very few actual songs, VERY long songs...
    Personally, I kinda hope it's just like this.

In actuality though, I don't fucking care what sound or song 'style' they aim for in the record--it's new Tool, after 13 years and some change.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The fact people are bitching about the album cover already makes me think this album is going to get massacred unless it sounds like Ænima 2.0...If the art was a white paper with "tool" written on it in crayon, who gives a fuck, as long as there is an album to support it

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The fact people are bitching about the album cover already makes me think this album is going to get massacred unless it sounds like Ænima 2.0...If the art was a white paper with "tool" written on it in crayon, who gives a fuck, as long as there is an album to support it
    Or a white piece of paper with a matchstick on it like Rammstein did, lol.

@Kodiak33 - what do they say about the album title? Edit: never mind, found it. About ageing, etc.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 08-06-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Some of you take this shit too personally.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The fact people are bitching about the album cover already makes me think this album is going to get massacred unless it sounds like Ænima 2.0.
    I'm fully expecting a hilarious review from Pitchfork that doesn't even have the decency to say the album is either great or terrible and just pass it off as bland and forgettable and not worth the twelve year wait (that ironically enough, the writer will probably have been a toddler when 10kDays came out). With a grand score of... 6.2, or something insulting like that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well then...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Well then...
    Wow....

.... Live at Woodstock!? Who would’ve thunk!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Wow....

.... Live at Woodstock!? Who would’ve thunk!
    Haha I know right? Hey, not ever going to see me dissing anyone supplanting some live CCR from their prime.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The idea here of course is that most people who were going to get any of the 24 bit digital studio masters just went ahead and grabbed the entire catalogue. It's not really surprising but still impressive. Tool are probably thinking, "Damn, I guess there was an interest in this shit afterall."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    RE: Cover art. Alex is posting about the artwork with the announcement. Perhaps that is just a teaser to something bigger.

https://i.redd.it/rqhp6w6m7oe31.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Going even further here, I've got to hand it to them [Tool] for fighting tooth and nail over digital rights to their music. They did not compromise and they're all about to get fucking paid. Big time paid. And they have Sony/RCA holding their big dick while they swing that shit everywhere. Why is this important? After we get a the new album, there will be plenty of incentive to get another. It all makes sense. The music industry has changed drastically, but ironically they didn't compromise. They just made damn sure they were going to utilize the new industry to capitalize on their base, which for fucks sake, had clearly NOT diminished any at all in intensity. Good for them. They have all been fairly open that this is not the last album, well besides MJK, because he doesn't talk about any of that. But Adam, Danny and Justin all seem ready for more. So perhaps the next five years are going to be a rewarding experience from the past decade of nothing but the occasional tours. Perhaps we have a lot of new music on the horizon beyond just one more album. Perhaps...

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    RE: Cover art. Alex is posting about the artwork with the announcement. Perhaps that is just a teaser to something bigger.

https://i.redd.it/rqhp6w6m7oe31.jpg
    Adam talks about the artwork here, it’s called The Great Turn:

https://ibb.co/Ssc9PwN

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    “Rumor” of CD bundle having some kind of screen. Sounds cool, if true...

http://www.fourtheye.net/2019/08/pos...etails-emerge/