Page 173 of 264 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,190 of 7895

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    official album cover released tomorrow according to adams instagram story

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Pleasantly surprised about the HDtracks releases, bought 'em all. Echoing the "waaah where's Salival" too, since it's basically my favourite thing they've done – stunning performances, stunningly captured, stunningly mixed by David Bottrill. Maybe someday.

Things to mention I haven't seen in the thread yet:
    • Undertow is significantly louder in the new master. Danny's poor transients! Still sounds great, though. There are in depth comparisons between masters on the subreddit with screenshots of waveforms and iZotope Ozone Matching EQ curve comparisons (which show only minor changes in tonality, besides the moving of the anti-aliasing filter).
    • Undertow artwork has been almost fixed (not a shit scan anymore, but it's flipped horizontally, and has a weird 'slice' across one of the ribs), and so has the Ænema song title typo (but not its artwork).
    • hoeshop.nl has preorder listings up for Fear Inoculum CD and vinyl, and the vinyl listing description says: "The older albums Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus and 10,000 Days are also remastered on vinyl for the first time!" (from Dutch)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Just want tour dates at this point.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Undertow artwork has been almost fixed (not a shit scan anymore, but it's flipped horizontally, and has a weird 'slice' across one of the ribs), and so has the Ænema song title typo (but not its artwork).
    This sounds like a job for The Tool Hotline!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    This sounds like a job for The Tool Hotline!
    This may out of left field but, ever think of “collaborating” with Hellboy/Matt from Fourtheye? Looks like he follows the Hotline, and Fourtheye seems to be the go-to place for fan news.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    This may out of left field but, ever think of “collaborating” with Hellboy/Matt from Fourtheye? Looks like he follows the Hotline, and Fourtheye seems to be the go-to place for fan news.
    I started the Tool Hotline because there weren't any other Tool news sites out there worth a damn.

Shortly afterward, I found Fourtheye. "Well, shit." I'm glad he took the reigns, because I lost interest pretty hard, and apparently so did my hosting company, breaking the Perl and PHP setups for my sites during a time when I just didn't have the availability to deal with dumb bullshit. It worked out in the end, I think Fourtheye does a fine job.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I started the Tool Hotline because there weren't any other Tool news sites out there worth a damn.

Shortly afterward, I found Fourtheye. "Well, shit." I'm glad he took the reigns, because I lost interest pretty hard, and apparently so did my hosting company, breaking the Perl and PHP setups for my sites during a time when I just didn't have the availability to deal with dumb bullshit. It worked out in the end, I think Fourtheye does a fine job.
    Yeah, Matt does a great job there- with the Aussie twist to boot. As bizarre as it may sound a NIN fan forum is the second best place for Tool news and BS’ing about the band.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Oh, I remember when ETS had a whole tool subforum, but it collapsed under the weight of wackos derailing discussions with claims of a decoy album.. or at least that's the story I tell myself. They were very sure lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Theprp.com is the only music website I frequent besides ETS.

(pimp rock palace 4 life yo)

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    I'd always wondered what prp stood for. Those folks get legit scoops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to a post on Loudwire, Adam Jones says the album is 80 minutes long and 7 tracks. Which if I've done the math enough to know the dangers of a second guessing would be 11.42 minutes long!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    According to a post on Loudwire, Adam Jones says the album is 80 minutes long and 7 tracks. Which if I've done the math enough to know the dangers of a second guessing would be 11.42 minutes long!
    I hope the tracks are split up like “Disposition/Reflection/Triad,” “Wings/10,000 Days,” and “Parabol/Parabola.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    And the Revolver article says 85 minutes, 7 songs, 2 segues. Conflict!

Plus there was mention of an 18-minute song at one point, from Adam. Who knows if that was about a demo or the proper recording, though... I've forgotten more info they've said about the material than what I remember at this point.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    85 minutes won't fit on a CD though?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    And the Revolver article says 85 minutes, 7 songs, 2 segues. Conflict!

Plus there was mention of an 18-minute song at one point, from Adam. Who knows if that was about a demo or the proper recording, though... I've forgotten more info they've said about the material than what I remember at this point.
    85 mins wont even fit on a standard CD.

There is a big argument over the track quantity and lengths/tracks vs segues over at FourthEye.

Lets just wait and see what we get. Either way...I think alot of us will be very let down with the overall end of this journey to Fear Inoculum.

I just see a heavily instrumental album, very few actual songs, VERY long songs that we will more than likely argue about being overly self indulgent tracks that shouldve been trimmed down...

I HOPE I am wrong. But hey...Burger King is selling tacos, IHOP is selling burgers and Tool is releasing a new album...anything can happen.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'd always wondered what prp stood for. Those folks get legit scoops.
    Back in the day I used to go there for Mudvayne, Korn and Limp Bizkit news, if that's any indicator of their original target audience.

(Back in the day being 1999. The days of nineinchnails.net/news and toolshed.down.net and prongs.org/ministry.)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/tool/status/1158...734487553?s=21

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wednesday is the day, FUCK YES.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That's, uh, underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    85 minutes won't fit on a CD though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    85 mins wont even fit on a standard CD.
    I'm well aware. After all, they've already run up against the CD time limit with Lateralus, having to drop segues. So either it's 2 discs or the Revolver writer misunderstood somewhere. I guess we'll see Wednesday when the official preorders go up.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    That's, uh, underwhelming.
    Yeah, agree, that's not great art. Still looking forward to the album.

Don't know if I should listen to Fear Inoculum, the track, come Wednesday...want to experience the album as a whole but don't know if I will have the will power for this...probably not.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I quite like it. It’s understated and tasteful. But keep in mind what the posted artwork for Lateralus is. This could still look different.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I LIKE tool, i'm not a massive superfan but I have legitimately liked everything they have put out up to this point in every regard from the music, art and videos. That being said every single portion of this new record rollout has seemed half assed, disappointing and randomly put together. The announcement of the release date, the name, the album artwork, everything about it seems to be one of those "well, I guess we'll release this today", "crap we need artwork this record comes out in less than a month" and "oh wait, we need to market this thing?"

Hell the album comes out in 26 days and we haven't heard a confirmed track off the record and we have no way of even buying the thing.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I agree, really underwhelming.

There are rumblings about something of a battery powered album cover...however the fuck that works. I have no idea if that is based on actual intel or just some dingbat imagined concept.

I agree with Tony...this whole thing seems so half assed. Prove me wrong.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I’d really rather them lackadaisically release stuff than have a gigantic, all-saturating marketing push. I think the the label or marketing fucked up the release timeframe as it is (I think the last tour and European tour were supposed to be done like the minitour after 10,000 Days was released).

I don’t need an elaborately planned marketing blitz to let me know there’s a new Tool album coming out and neither does anyone else. Just releasing their catalogue to stream was a massive success and it was done without much fanfare.

Just enjoy the surprises and shit, man. It’s just a ride.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

Hell the album comes out in 26 days and we haven't heard a confirmed track off the record and we have no way of even buying the thing.
    We'll it's confirmed that we will Wednesday.

APC: we heard too much prior to release.

Tool: we'll only have heard one song, and two others live out of the supposed seven songs. Not enough!

:shrugs:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Special packaging I won’t be able to afford confirmed.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Kind of disappointed the new logo is on the album cover with that same bad Photoshopped golden texture. The logo itself is fine, but the cheap texturing ruins it for me.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Cover looks very cheap but could be due to it being holographic in real life. Maybe it's just the cover for the title track though. I try to listen to this open-minded August 30th or earlier and reserve further judgement.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Newsflash: Tool doesn't fucking care. Why bother with marketing when you have insane fans who do more for you than money can buy. Throw some news up on social media, sure, and stay rather obscure / vague about everything else and watch the rabid fanbase take care of the rest. At least we have had new music on tour and we are getting a single three weeks prior to album release. That already outdoes the 10k Days launch. Bitch away, but Tool doesn't fucking care. At any rate, the launch of their catalogue on streaming and digital platforms has done more than any marketing campaign. They have blown the fuck up and are hot shit right now.
    Last edited by pulse; 08-05-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    i like a few tracks here and there from their later records, but im not really into metal, i dont really understand why so many NIN fans like them, they sound NOTHING alike.
    Some people have already weighed in on this with excellent points, but I wanted to share my thoughts as well. I actually didn't get into Tool during the first few albums. Something about the anger, inaudible vocals, sometimes grotesque visuals, etc. didn't gel with me. I started getting into them more around Lateralus, which felt a bit more mature and artistic to me. All of that said, once I had a way in, I fell in love with all of the albums very quickly.

As for the connection with Nine Inch Nails, while I agree the sound isn't the same, I think there are a lot of similarities. Firstly, they both had some ties to metal in the early 90's, with Broken and Opiate/Undertow being albums that metal fans could get into, even if they wouldn't care for their other stuff. Both bands would then grow to become more interesting/experimental/artistic with their next few albums, so you still had the anger, but there was something more intelligent going on beneath the surface. And I think that's true of a lot of the bands NIN tends to cross fan bases with - it's dark/heavy music, but there's an intellectual thread tying it together. I think that's also true of the artists themselves. When you hear Trent or Maynard (when he's being serious) speak, they come across as mature, intelligent adults (same with Steven Wilson, Serj Tankian, Corey Taylor, and others), while people like Jonathan Davis, David Draiman, Fred Durst, etc. tend to carry themselves like 50 year-old teenagers, and I think that comes through in their music.

So yeah, I think it's not about Tool and NIN sounding alike; it's that they're similar on a macro level and therefore have a similar appeal to a large number of people, particularly ones who are open to the various genres of music both bands touch on.