Page 153 of 263 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I always thought the whole "I'm not your friend, I'm not your god, think for yourself" thing was part of the show, and part of the statement, MJK was making.

At Lollapalooza 96 or 97, in dallas, he said "this song is just for you, because you're so special. Also, t shirts are available on the concourse," or something along those lines, and then, launched into hooker with a penis.

it was an ironic statement on consumerism and celebrity worship, and, was especially funny because it went over everyone's head, I think.

I actually LIKE some of the arrogance.

I just liked it better when I thought all the butt sex stuff was just metaphor. I think there's still SOME metaphor to it, but, yeah.
    And I'm not trying to disparage butt sex, either- I just found it to be a bit more witty before I read a certain groupie forum.

Aside from that, I'm actually fine with MJK. That book he put out added a lot of insight.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    You guys ever see these pics of MJK as Charles Manson?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Bear in mind one of my good friends dumped his gf last week because she hated the new Tool songs.....I have first-hand experience with obsessive Tool fans

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Bear in mind one of my good friends dumped his gf last week because she hated the new Tool songs.....I have first-hand experience with obsessive Tool fans
    My wife hates EVERY Tool song. She also hates APC, Metallica, Ghost, and most of NIN. Should I get a divorce? Lol

(There are certainly bands we both enjoy)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    My wife hates EVERY Tool song. She also hates APC, Metallica, Ghost, and most of NIN. Should I get a divorce? Lol

(There are certainly bands we both enjoy)
    my wife hates every band I like... the weirdo lol. I love her for it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Same boat. She also hates my musical tastes. With new Tool and Opeth within weeks of release, I would say she'll hate me well before the leaves fall. Oh well, I have to listen to her generic garbage enough. She can get over it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    You guys ever see these pics of MJK as Charles Manson?

Uh, holy shit. He looks dead on like Mikael Åkerfeldt in that photo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Every time I click into the thread I’m hoping there’s news of an official song release. Surely has to be close, right?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Every time I click into the thread I’m hoping there’s news of an official song release. Surely has to be close, right?
    For the sake of this thread, I sure hope so.

So, I'm going to go ahead and declare the battle of MJK a draw. Nobody won. Let's get things back on topic now that we all have it out of our system and never do this again. Okay?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post

So, I'm going to go ahead and declare the battle of MJK a draw. Nobody won. Let's get things back on topic now that we all have it out of our system and never do this again. Okay?

Oh you know we're gonna have this conversation again, I'm betting in less than 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    My ex was the same, she hated every band I liked. Come to think of it, she hated everything I enjoyed.

That, my friends, is why she is my ex
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 05-22-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    I remember when i found NIN years ago. My husband would say Trent was faking his emotion, was all just for show, etc. I even played for him London 1994 Something I Can Never Have (I think that is what prompted that response...). Then he came with me on a road trip in 2013 to sit out all day and get on the rail in the GA pit for 5 concerts. Is it okay to admit that I really enjoyed when shortly thereafter, he admitted he was wrong? He's a huge NIN fan now.

Nowadays, it seems sort of the opposite. He likes a bunch of bands but I get stuck on one for years (like NIN for 12 years, or, now, Tool since last summer) and rarely play anything else (drives him nuts, he hates listening to the same thing over and over). When I "discovered" the greatness of Puscifer last year and shared with him that I maybe had found a band I could love *almost* as much as NIN, he basically said that he had shown me Puscifer a year earlier and I had no interest (which in all fairness really I was just into NIN for so long). So, he already liked Puscifer when I got heavily into that (and we went to Jerome, AZ when we saw NIN in Phoenix in September last year). Then, when I broke down and finally (long story) listened to Tool (because I got into Maynard via Puscifer), well....thank goodness, he was equally on board with that too. Last week, he drove us through MN, IA, IL (detour), MO, KS (detour), and NE for 4 Tool concerts. So, I am really lucky.

Now, it's sort of a joke about which band he currently listens to that I am going to "find" in 10 years and think is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe (sigh) I should be more open to what music he likes.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    lol at the people in the comments saying how much Justin looks like Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead: @elevenism

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    That right there is a lucky woman. If he's dumb enough to dump someone for that reason, she's lucky to be rid of him sooner than later.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post

Hold up YOU dont get to come in here and end it now!!! (m)jk jk jk jk

On the topic of wives hating music, my wife hates most of my musical tastes except The Black Queen who she LOVES. Im ok with that.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Hold up YOU dont get to come in here and end it now!!! (m)jk jk jk jk

On the topic of wives hating music, my wife hates most of my musical tastes except The Black Queen who she LOVES. Im ok with that.
    WTF does that have to do with Tool? (okay, I realize my last post was a bit of a drift so yeah, pot meet kettle).

Now for the love of god let's keep this thread on track before it gets locked until August.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Let’s speculate the album title. Back to single word again or more? Or self-titled?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Let’s speculate the album title. Back to single word again or more? Or self-titled?
    Formerdorothy.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    4,868 Days

Because by the way, on August 30th, it will have been 4,868 fucking days since the last Tool album. Jesus.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I vote for Bethlehem Abortion Clinic.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It will be named “Puscifer”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    August 30th is my birthday. OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    August 30th is my birthday. OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD
    August 30th is everybody's birthday this year.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    August 30th is everybody's birthday this year.
    Party at Amoeba?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Party at Amoeba?
    Ænima’s for everyone!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'd been watching that video clip (along with the others from the uploader from that Chicago show) on my big theatre setup this past week, more than once... Fucking amazin' shit. I definitely had many a "moment"... Very good wake-up call.

I LOVE Justin's certain enthusiasm up there with the new songs (hand gestures, chest-pumping, etc.). He may have been like that in the past, but I sure hadn't noticed till these recent shows.

When the camera pans over to Justin the first time, the vest he has on made me see him as one of the 'ninja' fighters from Mortal Kombat (Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Smoke, Reptile...), unmasked.
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-25-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    No, fuck that. That is a fucking safety hazard. What id something like what happened with The Eagles Of DDeath Metal? How am i supposed to call for help? How do i let my family know whats going on? No, thats gonna cause more harm than help
    Then I guess you don't go to the show if the need to have your phone is that great? If you go to the live taping of a TV show, they will confiscate your phone on the way in. For the longest time, when cameras started to get good on phones, many venues stuck to the old rule of "no recording devices allowed." I don't know if it's different now, but last time I went to burning man your phone didn't work all week long; the horror.

We're so attached to our phones now it's crazy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    I'd been watching that video clip (along with the others from the uploader from that Chicago show) on my big theatre setup this past week, more than once... Fucking amazin' shit. I definitely had many a "moment"... Very good wake-up call.

I LOVE Justin's certain enthusiasm up there with the new songs (hand gestures, chest-pumping, etc.). He may have been like that in the past, but I sure hadn't noticed till these recent shows.

When the camera pans over to Justin the first time, the vest he has on made me see him as one of the 'ninja' fighters from Mortal Kombat (Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Smoke, Reptile...), unmasked.
    Yeah in Lincoln he started and stopped Schisim a couple times while engaging with the crowd, it was pretty cool. At least SOMEONE in the band acknowledged the crowd during the show.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Then I guess you don't go to the show if the need to have your phone is that great? If you go to the live taping of a TV show, they will confiscate your phone on the way in. For the longest time, when cameras started to get good on phones, many venues stuck to the old rule of "no recording devices allowed." I don't know if it's different now, but last time I went to burning man your phone didn't work all week long; the horror.

We're so attached to our phones now it's crazy.

No, you are assuming we are. Im not, I would still like to have my phone with me though. Not everyone here is addicted to our phones, not as much as someone like Maynard would want you to think.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    An emergency, either weather, terror, or just dumb luck related, can happen at literally any time. Now that we have the ability to quickly and easily call emergency services at the push of a button, i think that overrides any venue or band's extreme desires to curb piracy. No one takes my phone away from me under any circumstances.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Really really wanna hear a studio version of Invincible. Ended up converting one of the better youtube streams into an mp3 so I could listen to it whenever, but I really wanna hear the official version.