Page 141 of 263 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’ve been down the rabbit hole of reaction videos. This girl has a few tool ones.

Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 04-19-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really dislike reaction videos.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I really dislike reaction videos.
    SM Rollinger reacts to reaction videos.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I still have the same reaction after 150 listens...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I love reaction videos, for better or worse (often entertaining in those times). It's usually insightful when an actual VOCAL COACH/PRO MUSICIAN is the person taking you along in their experience.
    Last edited by Amaro; 04-22-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Apparently TOOL are playing the Aftershock Festival in October.
    This image was leaked this morning and then pulled immediately. The official announcement is supposed to be tomorrow morning.

All I have to say is... meh to the lineup. Ain't worth traveling for. But if you live in the Sacramento area, go for it.
    I'll hold out for the headlining Vancouver show. Assuming this means fall dates will come shortly after this drops.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^LOL at Staind being in a smaller font.

For what it's worth, last Friday a co-worker asked me if I was going to the TOOL show at Van Andel (Grand Rapids) and I was like what the fuck are you talking about? He's like 'yeah my poker buddy was saying they're coming this summer'. I chalked it up to just bullshit, but maybe he knows something the rest of the internet doesn't. They haven't played Grand Rapids since 2007 or something, so it's kind of an odd thing to make up or get bad info on lol.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Generally, festivals are contractually obligated to release their lineups a few weeks earlier than a band can release their touring lineup if said band happens to fall under the festival. I guess this is done for bullshit reasons, like getting more ticket sales.

I know I've fallen for that before. Seen a festival, jumped the gun and bought tickets only to find out that 65-70% of the festival lineup have solo shows/tours coming to my area that were announced later. It's annoying, But I get why it's done.

So, I bet once a few of the major fall festivals release their lineups, a TOOL tour announcement will follow with late summer/early fall shows.

I just wish these mofo's would give us an update on the record. It's clearly done. They ain't fooling anyone by pretending it's not done. Wonder what the big secret is.
    Figure we would have had something by now... name, tracklist, single, album art, release date... something. The tour starts in a couple weeks, you figure they'd want to have a new single out at least before the shows start... These guys are the ultimate trolls of the universe.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-22-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    OK, I'm out of the loop here. Who are these dudes, except Maynard?
    You've never heard of Smash Mouth?!?!?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Generally, festivals are contractually obligated to release their lineups a few weeks earlier than a band can release their touring lineup if said band happens to fall under the festival. I guess this is done for bullshit reasons, like getting more ticket sales.

I know I've fallen for that before. Seen a festival, jumped the gun and bought tickets only to find out that 65-70% of the festival lineup have solo shows/tours coming to my area that were announced later. It's annoying, But I get why it's done.

So, I bet once a few of the major fall festivals release their lineups, a TOOL tour announcement will follow with late summer/early fall shows.

I just wish these mofo's would give us an update on the record. It's clearly done. They ain't fooling anyone by pretending it's not done. Wonder what the big secret is.
    Figure we would have had something by now... name, tracklist, single, album art, release date... something. The tour starts in a couple weeks, you figure they'd want to have a new single out at least before the shows start... These guys are the ultimate trolls of the universe.
    My theory is they won't release the fall dates until after this round of Spring dates are done.

I agree with you on the festival bit, I ain't falling for that shit either.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I live by Sacramento, so this means I’m traveling to see a Tool show this year because no amount of pot would allow me to enjoy a crowd as such.
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-22-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved that performance of Sober live!! It is one of the best I have ever seen of any Rock band live!

His vocals are amazing of course. The girls reactions are kinda funny tho. That one girl was digging
    them, esp the sober performance and she obviously wouldn't normally listen to this. The other girl
    has some kinda annoying reactions, but it's funny how people react differently. The way her mouth opens
    and stays open, it's like come on haha. I just think it's a kick ass performance and work of art!!

Anyway, NIN and Tool... Both bands are 100 out of 10! I mean each, not combined

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I live by Sacramento, so this means I’m traveling to see a Tool show this year because no amount of pot would allow me to enjoy a crowd as such.
    On the bright side, if you went to Aftershock, you'd at least get a tool show without fucking seats bolted to the floor...
    But on the other hand, that show would be full of wankers. So yeah, maybe being stuck in a seat bolted to the ground wouldn't be that bad after all lol...

Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    My theory is they won't release the fall dates until after this round of Spring dates are done.

I agree with you on the festival bit, I ain't falling for that shit either.
    I bet they'll pull a NIN and release the fall tour dates once news of the album drops. So, you're right. Won't be before the May shows are done and over with. Try and get more ticket sales for those shows in the bag. Assuming news of the album will drop shortly after the tour is underway and then bang they'll have a big ol' giant sloppy bunch of tour dates to drop for a fall tour.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-22-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, assuming the festival rumors are true (I believe them), don’t expect arena show announcements for at least a month- which would put things in line for the album announcement.

Theres a reason bands get paid a lot of moolah for those things. Ticket sales prior to more attractive destinations being announced is definitely one of them.

Hoping they play the new arena here in Milwaukee.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I hope they do a small venue tour, I would love to see them at the Aragon Brawlroom.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I hope they do a small venue tour, I would love to see them at the Aragon Brawlroom.
    prepare to pay $600 a ticket if this happens...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Aragon Brawlroom.
    I lol'ed. It was a bit crazy at the front of those shows last year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I lol'ed. It was a bit crazy at the front of those shows last year.
    from Wikipedia
    During the 1970s, the Aragon was home to so-called "monster rock" shows; which were marathons of rock and roll acts often lasting six hours or more. The shows gained a reputation for attracting a tough crowd, leading to the nickname, "the Aragon Brawlroom."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    prepare to pay $600 a ticket if this happens...
    They were $66.66 in 2006.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    With inflation and scalper prices when it sells out in 0.3 seconds that price will definitely be much closer to $666.66 in 2019 haha

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That’s not a joke, by the way. They were $66.66.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Ticket prices were still fairly reasonable for any act until the late 2000’s/early 2010’s. Look at how cheap it was to attend a LITS show in 2008. Not too soon after that the the industry/bands found a way to offset plunging music sales income with higher priced tickets and and merchandise, along with way the fuck too many shitty festivals.

Theres some crazy-ass pricing for concerts now, pretty wild. I looked at P!nk prices when she was here in Milwaukee and that was insane- like $250 for “ok” seats and the pricier ones over $1k I think- and that show sold without a problem.

Personally don’t think I’d want a Tool club tour. They rely on their production quite a bit so that helps a lot with not caring about what Adam Jones and Maynard do (or don’t do) on stage. And securing tickets? Fuck that- an arena show is difficult enough.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Man, I'm just damn glad I saw tool 4 times between 96 and 02.

Don't get me wrong: I'd LOVE to see them again. But, at this point in my life, I've literally NO income, and, a bunch of health expenses. I'd be FUCKED if it wasn't for family money and lodging. And, the family money ain't what it used to be.

ENough about me; what do YOU guys think about me ?
    on the cool, though- weren't we expecting a summer release at the latest? Did I miss something? I keep expecting a single or teaser to drop.

If it's true, the rumors about the song lengths, then, it MAY be that there isn't a radio friendly song. But, isn't radio sort of dying, anyway?

Another thing: do you guys think that this could be a double album?

And, finally, could this be the LAST Tool release?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Apparently TOOL are playing the Aftershock Festival in October.
    This image was leaked this morning and then pulled immediately. The official announcement is supposed to be tomorrow morning.

All I have to say is... meh to the lineup. Ain't worth traveling for. But if you live in the Sacramento area, go for it.
    I'll hold out for the headlining Vancouver show. Assuming this means fall dates will come shortly after this drops.

Personally that's a pretty good line up for me, lots of bands i still haven't seen...wait a minute is that BABY METAL?! OH FUCK YEAH!

Shame i don't live in america

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    weren't we expecting a summer release at the latest? Did I miss something? I keep expecting a single or teaser to drop.

If it's true, the rumors about the song lengths, then, it MAY be that there isn't a radio friendly song. But, isn't radio sort of dying, anyway?

Another thing: do you guys think that this could be a double album?

And, finally, could this be the LAST Tool release?
    Heres a pretty decent recap from foutheye.net , I think Hellboy posted this on the 14th?...

http://www.fourtheye.net/2019/04/too...te-april-2019/

Things still seem in line. As for the rumor that the album is filled with a bunch of super long songs, I’m “meh” on that idea. Great if they’re all the quality of Third Eye but I wouldn’t count on it.

“Last Tool album”. Jeez- I don’t even wanna think about if there’s another one after the next one is released. My guess would be “most likely” but who knows- maybe they have a lot of material from the past, oh... 13 years or so, where they can do a somewhat quick turnaround.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm thinking September 2021

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'm thinking September 2021
    Impossible.

Too close to the start of the NFL season.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm gonna say June 21.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Regardless on whether any new songs will make it to the radio or not, they will still release a song for promotional use via YouTube. Rammstein released a near 10 minute track recently, so I don't think the length of the song will matter in whether we get a single or not. We'll defiantly get something. Although, I would totally be down for having the record released all at once without any songs/singles released before hand. Then you can experience the while thing at once.

I hate when bands release a couple singles before the record drops and you get sick of those songs when the actual record does come out that you just end up skipping the songs you've heard to hear the other one. That usually happens to me anyway.