Page 133 of 263 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,990 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Leaked Admat says it'll be out on 4/20.
    Considering that's a Saturday, and new music is generally released on Friday's, I think that's just a joke.
    You know, good old 4/20... conspiracy's, stoners etc...

Last year would have worked. 4/20 actually fell on a "New music Friday"
    Considering it drops in April, we have 4 friday's to pick from. 5, 12, 19 or 26.

I'm going to put my wager down for either May 3 or 10 though. But I think they want to get this out before they start touring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It’s obviously coming out April 1.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All I know is that this new teaser clip is dope.

Speaking of which, how long has the similar animation been at the front and center of www.toolband.com? Talking about this one:

I dig it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    All I know is that this new teaser clip is dope.

Speaking of which, how long has the similar animation been at the front and center of www.toolband.com? Talking about this one:

I dig it.
    I'm not sure it's a teaser. Recent Reddit post are saying it was created in 2006. But I haven't had time to read all the posts. I think they linked to the artist Instagram or something.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This supposed "leaked admat" is fake as fuck.

There's no way Descending is going to be a single. And using an "emboss" filter AND a thick ass white stroke on the logo and name... yeah, no.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 01-28-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That looks more like a Disturbed promo from 2002 than it does a Tool promo from 2019. Gross.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Despite the fact that it looks way too predictably Alex Grey-esque, I honestly wouldn't mind that red image being the album cover (excluding the awful logo & massive album name with emboss & outline stroke), but the name "Hyperbola" sounds super made up, too.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    From reddit:

I saw a leak on this forum awhile back. Some poster claimed to have been "in the building at a meeting" and only had it up for an hour. So who knows as far as authenticity.

Said the album title will be Omegus, 13 tracks, and drops on March 15th. Also said (guessing because there are like zero NAm tour dates) that the tour starts April 1 before they head to Europe.

Please give me your money if the post turns out to be correct. Thanks.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    There's no way Descending is going to be a single. And using an "emboss" filter AND a thick ass white stroke on the logo and name... yeah, no.
    Do admats like this even exist anymore?

Having said that, as fake as this looks, Tool's graphic design has been perpetually stuck in the 90s. I would be amazed if the official artwork weren't worse than this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    ...as fake as this looks, Tool's graphic design has been perpetually stuck in the 90s. I would be amazed if the official artwork weren't worse than this.
    When it comes to their website, you are absolutely 100% correct. Their actual album covers have not been this terrible, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    They’ve had a different logo design for every album release. I thought they might change it up again for the new album.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    They did!

Ugh. I hate photos like that. Like, just take the picture, yeah?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Ugh. I hate photos like that. Like, just take the picture, yeah?
    But! But it’s not a memory if nobody’s making the same two edgy hand gestures!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    From reddit:

I saw a leak on this forum awhile back. Some poster claimed to have been "in the building at a meeting" and only had it up for an hour. So who knows as far as authenticity.

Said the album title will be Omegus, 13 tracks, and drops on March 15th. Also said (guessing because there are like zero NAm tour dates) that the tour starts April 1 before they head to Europe.

Please give me your money if the post turns out to be correct. Thanks.
    I won’t believe anything until I actually see it from the band. Everyone assumed “10,000 Days” would be called something Latin or Enochian or obscure. People assumed the real release was a hoax.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I won’t believe anything until I actually see it from the band. Everyone assumed “10,000 Days” would be called something Latin or Enochian or obscure. People assumed the real release was a hoax.

Hell. It was believed that the album was a decoy.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Their actual album covers have not been this terrible, though.
    Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that Alex Grey isn't terrible. He is very terrible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    There's also a rumor on Reddit that the album will be titled Omegus and the tracklisting will be as follows:

1. The Deep (11:32)
    2. Acescense (9:17)
    3. Change (10:41)
    4. A Lesson (13:22)
    5. Reckon (11:12)
    6. Descending (12:49)
    7. The Sacred (10:15)

Super legit, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Don’t believe it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I remember going through this same shit just before the release of Lateralus and 10,000 days.
    The release date is getting closer, isn't it?
    I remember Systema Encephale, Riverchrist, Numbereft and Coalescence? Oh and the decoy album called 10,000 days.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Maybe Maynard is just going to drop the album out of nowhere "Here you fuckers go, now leave me alone!"

...i can see that happening.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    There's also a rumor on Reddit that the album will be titled Omegus and the tracklisting will be as follows:

1. The Deep (11:32)
    2. Acescense (9:17)
    3. Change (10:41)
    4. A Lesson (13:22)
    5. Reckon (11:12)
    6. Descending (12:49)
    7. The Sacred (10:15)

Super legit, I'm sure.
    The poster who mentioned “Omegus” on reddit said it has 13 tracks. Man, people have too much time on their hands.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    The poster who mentioned “Omegus” on reddit said it has 13 tracks. Man, people have too much time on their hands.
    Doesn't matter because it's all bullshit, but yeah, this is the same shit as "Systema Encephale" and all the other fake ass names @poro765 mentioned above. Same Shit, different decade.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I logged into tool army for the first time in a long while, looking to see if any bits of info were there. It seems like there might be, but it's all blurred out and no amount of logging out and back in seems to change that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    “Omegus” sounds a bit on-the-nose for people who’d like to think this is their last album.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    If the new album isn't called Ermahgerd - Terl! - I'm not buying it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    If the new album isn't called Ermahgerd - Terl! - I'm not buying it.
    What's to buy when it's not being released?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    What's to buy when it's not being released?
    Ooooh, deep question. But let's get back to Tool, who have an album coming out. Some day. If you need proof, look at GnR. If fucking Axl Rose can put out an oft-delayed album decades later, anyone can.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Ooooh, deep question. But let's get back to Tool, who have an album coming out. Some day. If you need proof, look at GnR. If fucking Axl Rose can put out an oft-delayed album decades later, anyone can.
    I was thinking about Chinese Democracy earlier in this discussion. I remember reading a review of that album that was basically like, "look, it's good, but it's not 17 years good." I think that's what we'll run into here. It'll be hard to receive the new Tool album as its own thing rather than trying to force it on a pedestal as the magical elixir we've been suffering without all these years and then inevitably being massively disappointed when it doesn't tear a fabric in the spacetime continuum and rain down jellybeans from the heavens.

It's the same reason a lot of us were lukewarm on With Teeth when it came out. Was it a good album? Sure. Was it the six year epic follow up to The Fragile we were hoping for? Not quite.*

*Yes, I know Trent was getting clean and only spent about two years making WT, but that's kind of my point. It's hard to look past that and not just think about how long we've been waiting, rather than appreciating why it took longer than expected.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Chinese Democracy got a good review?

My guess for the album title: “Snarfalupugalii: Demontion” Alex Gray will be doing glitch art while blind folded for the cover art.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I was thinking about Chinese Democracy earlier in this discussion. I remember reading a review of that album that was basically like, "look, it's good, but it's not 17 years good." I think that's what we'll run into here. It'll be hard to receive the new Tool album as its own thing rather than trying to force it on a pedestal as the magical elixir we've been suffering without all these years and then inevitably being massively disappointed when it doesn't tear a fabric in the spacetime continuum and rain down jellybeans from the heavens.

It's the same reason a lot of us were lukewarm on With Teeth when it came out. Was it a good album? Sure. Was it the six year epic follow up to The Fragile we were hoping for? Not quite.*

*Yes, I know Trent was getting clean and only spent about two years making WT, but that's kind of my point. It's hard to look past that and not just think about how long we've been waiting, rather than appreciating why it took longer than expected.
    Yup, I've said it before and I'll say it again: there will be a lot of people who won't like the new album if it doesn't buy them a house, cook them dinner in it, and fuck their brains out on the first listen. Between the timing and the fact that it's Tool, expectations will be unreasonably high and disappointment will come easily - even if it's a great album.

(For what it's worth, I loved With Teeth out of the gate, but I also wasn't expecting another Fragile.)