Page 126 of 263 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Yeah I thought Maynard sounded the best he has in awhile on ETE.
    yeah he sounded great on ETE.
    i think because ETE was not really heavy at all, there was some disappointment but is ETE bad? no way!

perhaps this is why news of a new Tool album is being received positively and hopes are probably higher about some heavier tunes with Tool and then with APC.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'll agree that Maynard's vocals sounded great on Eat the Elephant, but the lyrics they were paired with? Preachy, pretentious, annoyingly arrogant, and uninspired. I have no doubt his vocals will sound awesome on the next TOOL album. I'm just hoping what he's saying is actually worth listening to this time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hasn't Maynard been saying for years pretty much everything he said on ETE, though? Disillusioned has the same sentiment behind it that Stinkfist did, with the desensitization and dehumanization angle, and how people need to slow down on their stimuli intake. Even Vicarious could fall under that same umbrella. So Long is basically a less angry Aenema, with the whole "Hollywood needs to go away" thing.

I don't really find it any more preachy, pretentious or annoyingly arrogant than he's been in the past. Uninspired? I could maybe concede some ground there. The writing is definitely less mysterious and subtle on ETE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I'll agree that Maynard's vocals sounded great on Eat the Elephant, but the lyrics they were paired with? Preachy, pretentious, annoyingly arrogant, and uninspired. I have no doubt his vocals will sound awesome on the next TOOL album. I'm just hoping what he's saying is actually worth listening to this time.
    This could probably be said of most of his work, tbh. I think it's the kinda thing where you either relate with Maynard's perspectives on life and society...or you don't. I personally feel like ETE really hits the nail on the head about what's going on in the world atm. It touches on the dangers of the political polarization of society, the serious abandonment of any pretense to morality by a large portion of those on the right wing of the political spectrum, how obsessed with power and lacking in any moral fiber that many of our politicians still are (they haven't changed much since the smiley-gladhands of 1996), not to mention a reminder that these are still people that can start wars and use nuclear weapons, and that many people are so enchanted by the next thing that's going to happen on Instagram or in our FB feed that it's difficult to remember whatever happened in society two weeks ago. These are all topics that are much more interesting to me in 2018 than the stuff on Opiate and Undertow. Those albums just sound fairly immature to me compared to his later works.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anybody that Maynard is on the liberal side of the political spectrum though. He was hanging out with RATM, doing psychedelic drugs, and wearing girl clothes onstage since the early 1990s.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    look i really need to give ETE a good listen 90% of my music intake is done while supersizing my usual workout is about an hour so that works nicely so no comment yet
    -louie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tool just announced a Summer Euopean Tour on their Facebook page. Tix are already on sale for some shows. Rest will be this Thursday and Friday.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    Tool just announced a Summer Euopean Tour on their Facebook page. Tix are already on sale for some shows. Rest will be this Thursday and Friday.
    Last time they were in Europe was 2007! It's been a while

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    only uk show is download, that sucks, hopefully a few more dates will be added to that

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    My fatass dirty dollar is so ready for this. Fuck yes.
    Screw you, summer plans! (Not that I had any).

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Strong suggestion that Tool will play a festival in Jacksonville in early May. Maybe one can run into a drunk Blake Bortles, assuming he isn’t cut and uproots himself by then:

http://www.fourtheye.net/2018/11/too...e-in-may-2019/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Looks like they are scheduled for Hellfest next year

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    Looks like they are scheduled for Hellfest next year
    Other than TOOL, and a few bands on the undercard. I feel like Hellfest isn't very good at all this year.
    Waaaay too geared towards "classic rock" bands. Manowar, Kiss, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Slash... what is this 1985? lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Waaaay too geared towards "classic rock" bands. Manowar, Kiss, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Slash... what is this 1985? lol
    Lol. That brings to mind that I went to Desert Trip festival in 2016 (Stones, McCartney, Who, Dylan, Young, and Waters). Friday night Mick Jagger says thanks for coming to the "see them before they croak" tour. So as the music I love (NIN, Tool, etc.) gets older (and I get older), I really hope they are doing this at 70+.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Anybody thinking of getting Blair's book? is it even a real thing? I can never tell with him.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Other than TOOL, and a few bands on the undercard. I feel like Hellfest isn't very good at all this year.
    That Sunday has some great bands. The other two days are pretty fucking cheesy though.

Anybody thinking of getting Blair's book?.
    Nope.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Anybody thinking of getting Blair's book?
    Hard pass.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Anybody thinking of getting Blair's book? is it even a real thing? I can never tell with him.
    I would consider borrowing it from the library that's in walking distance, but I wouldn't waste the gas money to drive there and pick it up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Depends, did someone make him use an editor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I would consider borrowing it from the library that's in walking distance, but I wouldn't waste the gas money to drive there and pick it up.
    Nor the brain cells in an attempt to decipher and eventually try to comprehend WTF he’s talking about.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Welcome to rockville festival lineup released today. Tool headlining with KoRn and Rob Zombie. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Papa Roach is still a thing?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Had anyone been to Rockville? I'm wondering what the VIP viewing area is like.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I dig their shows, high energy and fun, but their newer stuff is hit and miss for me.

Really hoping for Tool/SOAD for Epicenter in North Carolina. My nephew will be born in january in they live in NC, so we can make a fun week out of it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That is a really bizarre place to put Meshuggah in the lineup. And having the Struts immediately after? Who did they piss off to get that spot?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A pastor reacts to Wings pt 1 and 2.

I believe the Judith version (done a few weeks back) was linked in the APC thread. A lot of the youtube comments asked him to do Wings, so apparently he did.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Apparently roaches will “be a thing” even through a nuclear holocaust. Appropriate name for them, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Had anyone been to Rockville? I'm wondering what the VIP viewing area is like.

Cant say I have, or that I’ve even been to a VIP area of any festival. I’d wait for more announcements later from Tool- they’re probably going to to fill these festival gaps (rumored to play a NC festival the following weekend) with areana shows.

Festivals and the tickets will get announced and go on sale before arena shows because money.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I’d wait for more announcements later from Tool- they’re probably going to to fill these festival gaps (rumored to play a NC festival the following weekend) with areana shows.

Festivals and the tickets will get announced and go on sale before arena shows because money.
    My brain says that makes sense. But, another part of me is arguing with the brain saying that I have never seen Tool and I just HAVE to see Tool soon, plus based on the grand authority of youtube vids , it seems there is a higher chance of actually seeing (as in actually physically seeing with my eyes due to the stage lighting) MJK at a festival moreso than a non-festival show (which may be more in the shadows than at a festival)? I do hate festivals generally though.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That Sunday lineup for Rockville is solid. Meshuggah & Architects are legit. Incubus can be good to watch if they play old stuff. Fever 333 is fun live bc the singer from letlive is a maniac. And BMTH's newer material is a guilty pleasure of mine. Tool could be good but I'd wait to see a setlist first. This fest would def. be a solid one to pick up a pass to the day before or day of for way below face value off CL, Stubhub, etc. if it's a good day weatherwise to stand outside all day.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    My brain says that makes sense. But, another part of me is arguing with the brain saying that I have never seen Tool and I just HAVE to see Tool soon, plus based on the grand authority of youtube vids , it seems there is a higher chance of actually seeing (as in actually physically seeing with my eyes due to the stage lighting) MJK at a festival moreso than a non-festival show (which may be more in the shadows than at a festival)? I do hate festivals generally though.
    I don't doubt that you've seen this, but keep in mind that being at a festival doesn't suddenly meaning that their LD has no input or control whatsoever. Assuming they take the stage when it's dark outside, it's still pretty easy to keep him in the shadows. And from the map of the VIP area (available on the festival's website), depending on what stage you're at, it's possible he'd be so far upstage right that you may not even have a view of him.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    A pastor reacts to Wings pt 1 and 2.

I believe the Judith version (done a few weeks back) was linked in the APC thread. A lot of the youtube comments asked him to do Wings, so apparently he did.
    Now all we need for him to do is "Heresy" by NIN and we're set!