Page 112 of 263 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for a 2018 release. Maynard is fully booked at every festival imaginable for APC next year. Plus with the so-called release of the new APC, he still needs to lay down the vocals in the studio with them.

They said that rock on the range appearance is like their one and only appearance for 2018 or something as well. I'm guessing once summer festival season is over, Maynard will probably enter the stuido to record the tool vocals, then mastering and all that behind the scene jazz involved with putting together a record will probably take them into late fall 2018, and releasing a record at the end of the year is usually a bad move. So I say a spring 2019 release at the earliest.
    They’ve been in and out of studios during the tour, according to Billy Howerdel‘s Instagram.

I’m not holding out or anything. New APC and Tool would be great. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn’t, I have my memories and dozens of new bands every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    For what it's worth, from a newpodcast interview with Danny...

My co-host Brandon talked to Justin Chancellor earlier this year. Justin made us feel like Tool would have a new album out in 2018. On a scale of 1-10, how much did Justin lie to us?
    Carey: “He did not lie to you. On scale of how much he lied, it would be zero. It’ll be out. It’ll be out in 2018.”
    https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/939688338159689728

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

What does that mean? I didn't outright deny it, so I'll take that as a good thing. Still not getting my hopes up too high, though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    What does that mean? I didn't outright deny it, so I'll take that as a good thing. Still not getting my hopes up too high, though.
    It’s Maynard being Maynard. His thing with all of this *big circling motion* is that he’s a busy person, he’s working in stuff, and people need to enjoy what’s out there and what comes will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    https://instagram.com/p/Bclr7OcB2-Y/

Believe what you want.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I don’t believe Tom Morello is a Rams fan.

What a bandwagoner.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I want to believe...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    He probably heard "Descending" like everyone else.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I mean, Maynard WAS going to be the singer for Rage Against the Machine until they decided to go with Zach instead...they go back a long time, I have no issue believing that Tom would be privy to hearing new material.

But I won't even begin to speculate on what "new material" amounts to. Couple of riffs? Full-track instrumentals? Demos of full songs? Who knows.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/co..._said_the_new/

^^^ lol

Mines definitely the one from 2010.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    From the new Kerrang Magazine

Believe what you want to believe.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whaaaaaaaat.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Elsewhere in the issue,... ...Danny Carey unveils Legend Of The Seagullmen and – dare we say it? - a potential new Tool album.

Calling it: just a working name, or more likely even smth taken out of context from Danny's words. A "potential" kinda gives away the bs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post

I can't find anything about it anywhere. Hope it's real all the same.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    They meant inside their new album's evolution...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Fall Out Boy is on the cover.

Potential “breaking news” about a new Tool album graces the top banner.

We can all do the math on how interesting any Tool news/BS from Danny might be in this issue of Kerrang.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Kerrang would happily report the bullshit tracklists that the band used to give out before Lateralus... but that was a while ago, and probably the last time I picked up Kerrang.. but it's an excuse to flick through in the shop later.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I fucking died lololol
    Last edited by Amaro; 01-10-2018 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    BTW I like the new look. Maynard in glasses = LOVE.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Here is a scan, found on Fourtheye forum:

https://m.imgur.com/r/ToolBand/vrR3u

Really not much.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The more I think of it...do I really want an 'evolution'? Sure I don't want and/or expect a band to rehash the same sound...but the new APC tracks (other than 'Feathers') are just flat out not as good as their earlier material. Give me some new flourishes, sure...but dammit it just better sound like Tool haha. I know that's a dumb thought, but just my honest opinion.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Picked this up last night via LetGo for $150....rumor has it that the next TOOL album is on it #shitpost

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The more I think of it...do I really want an 'evolution'? Sure I don't want and/or expect a band to rehash the same sound...but the new APC tracks (other than 'Feathers') are just flat out not as good as their earlier material. Give me some new flourishes, sure...but dammit it just better sound like Tool haha. I know that's a dumb thought, but just my honest opinion.
    Well, when you think about it, Lateralus was an evolution compared to their first couple releases. The sound on Lateralus was a drastic departure from anything they had done at that point. I remember buying that record the day it came out and sitting in my buddy's car (who was a huge tool fan), as we listened to it for the first time and our initial reaction was "This is terrible!" but boy, oh boy did that record ever grow on me. That's hands down their best record, but upon first hearing it, it was such a drastic departure from their earlier work. So, change isn't always a bad thing.

I know this is a bit off topic for the Tool thread, but funny that you think "feathers" is the best of the new APC tracks, as I think that's the worst of the 4. Not like the others are that great either, but I would place feathers at the bottom of the list. But, I guess it's all what you want from the band at this point. I was never into the slower side of APC anyway. I liked the harder/faster songs of theirs. So, naturally, I could understand how someone would probably like feathers more than the others, it probably sounds as close to as traditional APC as you can get.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Danny in the Kerrang article:

“Well, whatever those guys play is how they express themselves. Adam and Justin aren’t musically educated, so they just come up with the weirdest shit. I just try to anchor it down and make it simple. The cool thing is every time I think I’ve simplified it as much as I can, we’ll give it to Maynard and he’ll do something even more simplified – to the point where practically anyone can sing it! It’s simple shit and it’s coming out, man. The tracks are long…too long! Definitely too long for the radio (laughs)!”

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Kinda of shitty mag cover tease. Went into that article assuming the album was TITLED 'Evolution' -- which I guess is what they were aiming for to get you to buy the damn mag.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I would hope Tool would never title a record "Evolution"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's now 3:28pm PST and Adam Jones' Instagram account just started a live video. It's in studio and all you can see is is legs.

He's playing The Grudge. Pretty sure Danny and Justin are there as well...it's live drums and bass.

edit: Sigh, it ended and he cut the stream off.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 01-16-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Uhh guys....i think this might be the year

https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/co...reddit-android