Page 100 of 263 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Maybard needs to keep Puscifer in small theatres because it's not a very in-demand show. That's an easy ticket to get, and an over-priced one IMHO. I think I paid over $70 for a show here in Milwaukee last year.
    My wife and I paid about $70 each. There were a few seats open when we went but not many. Puscifer is such a different atmosphere than Tool or A Perfect Circle. Lots of adults wearing decent clothes or dressed up, few band t-shirts, many with their own kids there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    They've just released new tickets that are pretty much behind the scene for the same reasonable price of $140, which includes taxes, service fees, hooker & blow.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    They've just released new tickets that are pretty much behind the scene for the same reasonable price of $140, which includes taxes, service fees, hooker & blow.
    If it includes hookers and blow then that is the best concert deal ever!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    If it includes hookers and blow then that is the best concert deal ever!
    Wishful thinking! Reality: You get a black drape with the words SCREW YOU painted in white.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Wishful thinking! Reality: You get a black drape with the words SCREW YOU painted in white.
    I dare to dream. If it did include hookers and blow, I'd miss the concert and the meet n greet. Yeah I know, the meet n greet is $1500 to meet the guitar tech for five seconds, and a "Get The Fuck Out" coupon.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Not if sure Krazy is the sole Tool defender on ETS or if there are others.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    There's a "Krazy" in every thread on ETS

EDIT: I'm only 6 posts away from meeting my "Birth year" in my post count, so I think I will officially stop there. Guess I better make the next 6 posts worth it.
    I don't know if my intention was necessarily to "defend" them, as god knows that is tough to do at times. Part of it was to put things in perspective regarding their shows (it's a really great experience and properly priced- and hey, people are going so they're doing something right). Another part is it just seems to be the cool thing to do bash on Tool lately, for some reasons that are valid and many others that aren't. I mean really, who gives a shit if someone in their merchandise department decided to stitch together some shirts and sell a handful of blankets?

Full disclaimer: only thing I've ever bought Tool related is their five CD's and concert tickets. Never even bought one of their shirts. (although I would like to get the wrench logo one one day I think)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'll buy you one of those crappy towels made of old shirts sweetie, don't worry.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Tool

There's a "Krazy" in every thread on ETS

EDIT: I'm only 6 posts away from meeting my "Birth year" in my post count, so I think I will officially stop there. Guess I better make the next 6 posts worth it.
    Why would you leave me? I mean us, why would you leave us?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Why would you leave me? I mean us, why would you leave us?
    I think the better question is:

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    New shows added
    - June 15: Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena TICKETS

When I originally saw the announcement, I got excited and prayed for a Vancouver date to be released. Then I started reading the facebook comments, and someone basically said this. And then I had a total moment and was like "shiiiit, this person is right. Fuck this band. I'm not spending $140 (or whatever absurd price they will be asking) to see the same 10 songs they've been playing for over a decade"

As much as I like the band, I can't justify giving them any more money on tour or on t-shirts if they're gonna be like this. At this point, they've just become a running joke. They're just a "classic rock band" now. They're touring on their back-catalog for a quick buck. It really pains me to say that too. I really enjoy these guys. But I don't agree with their business decisions.

The problem is, at least Marilyn Manson is still trying to stay relevant and making new music, his live shows just SUCK. I've given up giving money to that guy as well. It's the opposite with these guys, they still put on a FANTASTIC live show, but they really need some new fuckin material! Trust me, I would LOVE to give these guys my hard earned money on their live show, I just don't feel like the deserve it at this point in time.

It really does hurt me saying that too. These guys are in my top 10 bands of all time.
    Am I going to go back on my word that I said I would never pay for another TOOL show again until they release new material now that a Vancouver date has been announced....

Christ, I am flip-flopping so hard on this right now... Part of me knows it's basically going to be the same setlist, but another part of me is like "Well, they do play those 10 songs pretty awesome... and what else are you going to do on a Thursday night, sit at home on ETS?"

I think I might cave and buy a ticket...

What about you @october_midnight - you gonna pass on this one or hit it up?

and Conan, to answer your question... who am I kidding, I have an unhealthy obsession with this place, I'm probably not going to stop posting, lol. I'm not going anywhere. At least I'll always be here to lurk. But Between Manson, Tool, NIN and Rammstein all those mother fuckers give me hours of forum posting and reading entertainment!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-21-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I think the better question is:

Am I going to go back on my word
    Yes.

Its like drugs. You know you shouldn't be doing it, and the person selling it to you is bad, but damn if it doesn't seem to be worth it for that 90-120 minutes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What about you @october_midnight - you gonna pass on this one or hit it up?
    It's gonna be a pass for me, man. Cheapest ticket in the place being $100, with lower bowl or floor being upwards of $160 or so? My wife and I just bought a townhouse so we dumped like 35k of our savings in to pimping it out, etc. etc. so probably gonna have to pass. Who knows come Friday morning by 10am but everything you said pretty much rings true for me too. If they even bloody mentioned '...to test out new material' I'd probably have been like 'COUNT MY ASS IN.' but I've seen them so many times that it'd just be another Tool show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I was literally just waiting till I got on my desktop to share this. haha! BEAT.

Uncle Danny.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Lol is he fucking up on purpose

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    That's quite strange. I wonder why it took so long?

This has been 99% of Tool, APC, and Puscifer shows for... what, a decade or more?

Maynard (and presumably many/most of the other guys) want the crowd to, kinda ummm, chill I guess and focus on the music. They want the show to be the sole center of attention. They don't want people acting like idiots and moshing during important or touching songs. These guys have been touring musicians for a long time - they know what fucking morons people can be. So they just decided to force people to not mosh and pay attention to the show. For what it's worth, this is all presumption on my part. I honestly don't know for certain why all the shows have seats. If anybody knows of an interview (or Adam Q&A?) where this is directly addressed, please let me know. But other than just guessing, I know that Maynard has expressed strong displeasure at moshing.

"Moshing? Really. Come on. What is it, 1997?"

I dunno, fucking chairs at a rock show just feels awful and awkward and claustrophobic and shitty. Meh.
    the one 'inside the outside" show i caught ... the floor looked miserable. even during meshuggah. just a nightmare. i was 22 at the time and even then too old for that shit. machismo bullshit, someone puking near the back, just no.

if you're going to give this band a week's pay, appreciate your personal space. i had a great view and *still* had some mega fans convulsing around me in the lower bowl.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I gave it some thought, and you know, maybe seats at a TOOL show isn't such a bad idea after all. I've been to 3 shows, the only one I was on the floor for was the 2002 'inside the outside' show, and I agree, that pit was one of the worst pits I have been in in my life. People were going INSANE to disposition/reflection/triad. Like hardcore moshing. I was confused as fuck. I was like "this isn't even moshing material, WTF is going on here!"

Thinking it over, yeah... TOOL isn't a band you go see live to jump up and down and cause a ruckus over. You go to see the stage show unfold live before your eyes. Besides, even if you're up close... the band doesn't do anything special anyway. I almost think for a show like this, the further away you are the better.

So, I guess I'll go, but I'm buying the cheapest seats possible. If the the whole place is going to be seats, I can suffice with being a little far back for this. I don't wanna drop $200 a ticket to be in a seat on the floor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I like being seated. I don't dance, I don't rock, I just bang my head a little and have fun. But that's me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New Engineer in the Studio?

This has to count for something....right?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    That is a LARGE synth rig behind that small child

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    the one 'inside the outside" show i caught ... the floor looked miserable. even during meshuggah. just a nightmare. i was 22 at the time and even then too old for that shit. machismo bullshit, someone puking near the back, just no.

if you're going to give this band a week's pay, appreciate your personal space. i had a great view and *still* had some mega fans convulsing around me in the lower bowl.
    This is the exact same memory I have from my Inside the Outside show (Laredo, TX, November 2002)...well, more or less, the moshing was a lot harder during Meshuggah. My brother did go to the back of the floor during D/R/T to appreciate the songs better. I was 18 at the time, and yes, the pushing during Meshuggah was a lot to take. I felt like my ribs were being crushed. Not a fan. Despite this, this has been the best Tool show I've attended! Only saw that one Lateralus show, and 6 of the endless 10,000 Days tour. Inside the Outside was fantastic...very simple production but amazing experience I wish I could go back in time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So this ​is why the album is taking so long! Little dude is learning the boards

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    That is a LARGE synth rig behind that small child
    Modular synths... this explains the delay. You either make music, or you make modular patches. You can't do both, unless your last name is Cortini.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Modular synths... this explains the delay. You either make music, or you make modular patches. You can't do both, unless your last name is Cortini.
    Hey hey hey... my modular has sped up my workflow and makes awesome sounds!!

also

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Hey hey hey... my modular has sped up my workflow and makes awesome sounds!!
    Everyone loves making sounds with modulars. Turning those sounds into music though? That's way harder.

also

I love the sound, but find the music unmemorable :|

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Everyone loves making sounds with modulars. Turning those sounds into music though? That's way harder.

I love the sound, but find the music unmemorable :|
    Well, each to his/her own.

I'm finishing up an album now with modular silliness all over the place, and it's probably the most "pop" thing I've ever made. I think people misunderstand the modular world a lot because of the output from the general enthusiasts. They are, for the most part, really obnoxious, and most of them have no idea what they're doing... and so most people with crazy modular setups are going to be posting clips of their "music" that sound like you're wearing earmuffs in an auto-repair shop. The "bling factor" also has an unfortunate tendency to attract people who truly have no concept of what sound design is about; they just want a blinky flashy toy in their house that says "I'm avant garde and creative" to their guests at the next wine tasting.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Report: Tool’s catalog to hit streaming services ahead of fifth studio album

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/0...-studio-album/

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Don't know about streaming so much, but why they never put all their albums up on iTunes so you can't buy buy individual songs kind of baffled me.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    they also will not be on any juke box
    -Louie

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I want them on the jukebox dammit! There was a tavern around here that shut down about 3-4 years ago, it still had actual CD's in it. PHM, TDS, Aenima, and Undertow were on there.

Damn straight I stuck at least $5 in that thing every time I'd visit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Did anybody buy one of these I'm thinking about getting one?