Page 91 of 263 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 7888

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    They should have "broken up" 10 years ago and just stayed quiet, that way I wouldn't have developed such an annoyance with them. They're the musical equivalent of that guy/girl who doesn't want to date you but keeps you on the back burner with complements and occasional cuddling but refuses to follow through with a relationship.
    true, but those 3 week tours every year are the only way the four of them can continue to live in the lap of luxury. They are making 7 figures or more every night from their sucker fans that continue to throw money at them despite the band's repeated thumbing their nose at everyone. Those tours are essential, so they can't break up. Puscifer & jerking off to WWE doesn't pay for shit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    LMFAO The "sucker fans" who have never seen the band but have always wanted to and finally get the chance.

Like, you realize Jethro Tull is still touring and intermittently releasing new music and they haven't been "active" since the late 70s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Can I just point out how hilarious it is to see them casually mention how one of the band members likes to fish for salmon from a motherfucking helicopter and yet they tried to play the sympathy card recently by saying "Yeah but guyz itz rlly hard and they have to DRIVE in TRAFFIC to the studio even!"
    Correctamundo!

One of my favorite things about this lame new album bullshit waiting game is taking stock of all the hilarious things the band has admitted to doing in the interim. Fishing for salmon from helicopters, bitching to their fans at VIP events about how they aren’t making enough money off them, posing for horrifically overpriced photos in luchadore masks, phoning in their live performances, these trying-hard-to-be-funny-and-failing-miserably newsletters from Blair, etc. etc. etc.

When your singer won’t even show up at the studio because you have nothing for him to sing over, that's all I need to know. I care more at this point about how hard I'll laugh at the obligatory price-gouging pre-order packages they'll come up with for this new album when it's finally cobbled together, than I do what the damn thing will actually sound like when it gets here..

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    bitching to their fans at VIP events about how they aren’t making enough money off them
    Meanwhile, Ænima vinyl remains out of print, and 10kD still hasn't been done. Quick guys, what are some make-money-quick schemes?! I KNOW: BLANKETS MADE OF UNSOLD T-SHIRTS!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    You better hope the feminism thread doesn't see that.
    "I went in there once, and I...

...came back haunted."

-TR

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I like Tool and I'm glad they tour every year. I'm I guess a fanboy sucker, but it's fine with me. I think it's fine for them to release merch because it's obviously what people want.

I do think that nothing anybody has mentioned here is the reason for the album delay. It's not as if the guys would be writing music if they weren't doing these other things. It's just clear that they either don't want to write the album or that one of them is just out of ideas. I always see people bitching at Maynard's business being the reason for the delay, but it's obvious those people have no idea what they're talking about. Maynard isn't putting Tool to the side, Maynard is filling his time with other things. When Tool gives him something to work with, he will do it. I feel the same way about the other two guys. I know Justin is personally annoyed that nothing is getting done. I'm sure Danny would love to bust out a new album too.

But to criticise them for trying to fill the time by being involved in side projects or touring with Tool or trying to make some money by selling merch is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love Puscifer so much that I could give a fuck if Tool ever release an album again. Though I am dying for new APC material....

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I like Tool and I'm glad they tour every year. I'm I guess a fanboy sucker, but it's fine with me. I think it's fine for them to release merch because it's obviously what people want.

I do think that nothing anybody has mentioned here is the reason for the album delay. It's not as if the guys would be writing music if they weren't doing these other things. It's just clear that they either don't want to write the album or that one of them is just out of ideas. I always see people bitching at Maynard's business being the reason for the delay, but it's obvious those people have no idea what they're talking about. Maynard isn't putting Tool to the side, Maynard is filling his time with other things. When Tool gives him something to work with, he will do it. I feel the same way about the other two guys. I know Justin is personally annoyed that nothing is getting done. I'm sure Danny would love to bust out a new album too.

But to criticise them for trying to fill the time by being involved in side projects or touring with Tool or trying to make some money by selling merch is ridiculous.

Hey Harry- were in the Tool thread. Let's not let simplistic logic such as liking a bands show and past releases overshadow the fact that about 75 blankets made out of shirts sold out within a couple days.

Back on topic... sort of. If someone who's been a big fan goes to a show these days and expects anything other than the usual tracks (other than maybe switched up set list with a song or two swapped out), they're doing it wrong. You get your money's worth regarding sound and production. Only NIN does the "high production arena rock show" better than Tool IMHO, and the tickets for Tool are a bitch to get in just about every city so they're in demand for "must see" at a minimum. And don't blame the secondary market- they're no different than any other band as far as tickets that go up for sale on StubHub immediately.

Im tired and have a few beers in me, hopefully my rant makes sense. No? Alrighty then!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Meanwhile, Ænima vinyl remains out of print, and 10kD still hasn't been done. Quick guys, what are some make-money-quick schemes?! I KNOW: BLANKETS MADE OF UNSOLD T-SHIRTS!
    And Lateralus still sounds like utter shit on vinyl which is the most egregious of the offenses for me, personally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    LMFAO The "sucker fans" who have never seen the band but have always wanted to and finally get the chance.
    yeah i kinda fall into that category except so far theres no "finally" for me.
    i have tried every single time they come to Toronto to get a single ticket and never have been lucky enough to do so and can't afford those crazy scalper prices either.

so hey, to those of you bored of this band, studio, live or otherwise, do the rest of us a favor and stop coming to this thread if this band annoys you so much.
    go to one of those other threads of bands that interest you and that way there may be something cool to discuss.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    If someone who's been a big fan goes to a show these days and expects anything other than the usual tracks (other than maybe switched up set list with a song or two swapped out), they're doing it wrong. You get your money's worth regarding sound and production. Only NIN does the "high production arena rock show" better than Tool IMHO.
    highly disagree. My biggest issue is that you do NOT get your money's worth. I looked up Tool's setlist from the last tour and they were playing 11 songs total. And these 11 songs total do not take up 2.5 hours, which is what you should be getting from an arena band charging as much as Tool does. And they have done some tours where they only play 9 songs total. So they are phoning it in and ripping off fans, and I feel like calling them out on it, b/c it's fucking bullshit. Trent is up there giving us around 25 songs usually and leaving it all out on the stage every night. Bands like PJ & The Cure will play for 3 hours. But Maynard & co. can't be bothered to give us more than 90 minutes and a true representation of their catalogue? And for higher ticket prices than everyone I just mentioned? Well then fuck them b/c that's not what one pays for from an arena show. Just b/c alot of their fans are suckers and don't pay attention to what I just mentioned doesn't make it ok.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    highly disagree. My biggest issue is that you do NOT get your money's worth. I looked up Tool's setlist from the last tour and they were playing 11 songs total. And these 11 songs total do not take up 2.5 hours, which is what you should be getting from an arena band charging as much as Tool does. And they have done some tours where they only play 9 songs total. So they are phoning it in and ripping off fans, and I feel like calling them out on it, b/c it's fucking bullshit. Trent is up there giving us around 25 songs usually and leaving it all out on the stage every night. Bands like PJ & The Cure will play for 3 hours. But Maynard & co. can't be bothered to give us more than 90 minutes and a true representation of their catalogue? And for higher ticket prices than everyone I just mentioned? Well then fuck them b/c that's not what one pays for from an arena show. Just b/c alot of their fans are suckers and don't pay attention to what I just mentioned doesn't make it ok.
    Tool's last tour setlist went something like this..

1. Vicarious
    2. Forty-Six & Two
    3. Intermission 1
    4. Jambi
    5. Parabol
    6. Intermission 2
    7. Bass solo
    8. Intermission 3
    9. Parabola
    10. Drum solo
    11. (Maynard insults the crowd)

Thanks and goodnight!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've seen hundreds of shows over the years and Tool was far and away one of the top 5 WORST concerts I have had the misfortune of seeing. No energy or excitement from the band, just a total smoke and mirrors show with backdrops and balloons. Total fucking waste. And this was 15 years ago! I can't imagine they've gotten any better.

I love Tool's music and look forward to a new album (lol) but I would have to be the one getting paid to sit through another turdfest Tool gig.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Can we just lock this thread until we have some concrete news on a new album?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Glad people are telling me I'm not getting my money's worth for something I really enjoyed. ::rolls_eyes::

They're on for about 2 hours and have a great production and the band is tight as fuck, even if Maynard has a down night with his vocals. Ticket prices are pretty much right in line with the other bands, some are even higher than Tool. Tension was the same price 3 years ago and that wasn't exactly a tour that sold very well. Do Pink Floyd fans bitch about Roger Waters The Wall tour?

Good for PJ- saw them 2 years ago and was bored out of my mind after hearing one shitty three minute song after another and listening to a drunk Eddie Vedder (not sure if he was acting) talk gibberish. Half way through the show I went outside to have a cigarette... and I don't even smoke.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Tool's last tour setlist went something like this..

1. Vicarious
    2. Forty-Six & Two
    3. Intermission 1
    4. Jambi
    5. Parabol
    6. Intermission 2
    7. Bass solo
    8. Intermission 3
    9. Parabola
    10. Drum solo
    11. (Maynard insults the crowd)

Thanks and goodnight!
    No it didn't. It went something like this.

- Viginti Tres
    - No Quarter (Led Zeppelin cover)
    - The Grudge
    - Parabol
    - Parabola
    - Schism (Extended)
    - Opiate (New extended version)
    - Ænema
    - Descending
    - Jambi
    - Forty-Six & 2

- Intermission

- Drum Solo
    - Sweat
    - (-) Ions
    - Stinkfist (Extended)

Works out to about an hour and forty minutes. 13 songs. 2 musical interludes. 1 standard intermission. But yeah, I guess you can write off instrumental songs or 10 minute drum solos as "intermissions" if you want. Like you'd do if you were trying to bend over to make a point.

Those of us who pay the price to go see the band perform for that general amount of time aren't getting ripped off. We're paying a reasonable amount of money for a reasonable performance. You don't get to say that other people are getting ripped off. If you feel ripped off, that's fine, you can feel however you want. But there's no reason for people to be drama queens and act like us sheep are paying $500 to watch Maynard play the xylophone for 30 seconds after being 3 hours late to start the show. Come on. Suuuuuch a ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Can we just lock this thread until we have some concrete news on a new album?
    This has already been discussed plenty. There is literally no reason at all to close this thread just because you personally don't like the conversation that takes place in here. Do you really think it's reasonable to enter a thread and say "I don't like this thread. Therefore it needs to be closed." It's easy for you to just not read the thread. The rest of us can have discussions about the band Tool (notice the thread is called 'Tool' and not 'New Tool Releases') so...

Honestly, if you want Tool news, go follow the Facebook and Twitter accounts. I promise you'll receive only information regarding the band and the goings-on of the band members. Otherwise, if you come into a Tool thread on a music discussion forum to get pissy about music discussion, it seems the problem isn't with the people discussing the music.

Glad people are telling me I'm not getting my money's worth for something I really enjoyed. ::rolls_eyes::
    No shit. It's one thing to be annoyed at a band you enjoy, I get annoyed at what Tool does constantly. But the unnecessary condescension towards people who dare enjoy Tool in 2016 is soooo played out. Yes, we know, we're sheep, we're suckers, they're laughing at us all the way to the bank, yadda yadda yadda. But strangely enough, we keep coming back. It must be because everything sucks so much. Maybe it's because we just loooove wasting money on things that don't bring us any joy whatsoever. I'm not sure why it is, but I do know it's literally impossible that we could just like a band.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This has already been discussed plenty. There is literally no reason at all to close this thread just because you personally don't like the conversation that takes place in here. Do you really think it's reasonable to enter a thread and say "I don't like this thread. Therefore it needs to be closed." It's easy for you to just not read the thread. The rest of us can have discussions about the band Tool (notice the thread is called 'Tool' and not 'New Tool Releases') so...
    There's another thread (RIP) that would disagree with your statement.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Lets be honest, that thread got really out of hand. This isn't even close to that shit show.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I think that was a bad idea too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I think that was a bad idea too.
    It closed due to inflammatory remarks to users personally, not whether or not MM was bad. This thread so far hasn't flat out named user ________________ for being _____________ by doing ______________ and saying ____________. MM thread destroyed between the same few members battling.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It closed due to inflammatory remarks to users personally, not whether or not MM was bad. This thread so far hasn't flat out named user ________________ for being _____________ by doing ______________ and saying ____________. MM thread destroyed between the same few members battling.
    I'm aware, it was still a bad call. It shouldn't have been closed regardless. Either the people being bitchy should have been punished or everyone else could have just, you know, gotten over it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Anyone know why the Denver date is in such high demand? On StubHub at least.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Legal weed?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^LOL

Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    The original tickets seemed to go to actual fans. Not many showed up on the secondary market despite it selling out right away. Also Denver is probably the best destination of any of the 5 cities for this tour. NOLA is cool but a lot of people don't care for festivals. And yes, because legal weed.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I think this is new-ish. Orchestra + Schism...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Setlist from last night... EEEK! :/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Setlist from last night... EEEK! :/
    Can a brother get a link

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Can a brother get a link

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2...-73fabe71.html

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Can a brother get a link

A trusty member on 4theye didn't have Descending on there, so not sure if it was played or not. It's not so much the setlist as much as it looks like they played less than 90 minutes.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I just had a beautiful memory of when the Thirteenth Step track list was released and then the album came out. And hearing The Noose. And Vanishing. And the Weak And Powerless video.

Member that? I hope we have that experience with the new Tool record.