Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 1412

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,071
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninperu View Post
    hey guys, i don't know what happened but yesterday i make an order and never recieve a confirmation e-mail and there's no orders in my account... anyone have the same problem?
    If you had the money taken out of your account, go here: http://modlife.com/htda/contactus
    If you didn't, then the payment failed, so try again

    Side note: I wonder if they dropped topspin for label reasons or because topspin suxx0rz?

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,957
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    modlife also does "fanclub" ticketing. Maybe it was a better deal overall to go with one company for physical distribution and presale ticketing, especially since Live Nation owns musictoday.

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,032
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    But i definitely hear a difference from 320kb to 24bit flac, call me delirious if you like. But even if not i'd prefer the best available resolution simply because the artist intended and paid for it.
    I can usually make the difference out in things like hihats and cymbals, particularly if I'm listening on Sennheisers. That said, for better or for worse, the majority of my collection is in 320kbps.

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If you had the money taken out of your account, go here: http://modlife.com/htda/contactus
    If you didn't, then the payment failed, so try again

    Side note: I wonder if they dropped topspin for label reasons or because topspin suxx0rz?
    so, the charge is instantly?

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninperu View Post
    so, the charge is instantly?
    Yeah the charge is already pending on my card.

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if anyone else has made this comparison/observation yet, but I'm kind of thinking this album is a continuation of the Year Zero theme.

    If you look at the art work, and the theme of most of the songs, it seems like it could fit. Almost as if this album takes place after the events of Year Zero, and the world is now in a post apocalyptic phase. The video for How Long and some of the lyrics seem to support this as well. Just an idea, not sure if it is intentional or not by the band, or if I'm reading too much into it. Thoughts?

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,551
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If you had the money taken out of your account, go here: http://modlife.com/htda/contactus
    If you didn't, then the payment failed, so try again

    Side note: I wonder if they dropped topspin for label reasons or because topspin suxx0rz?
    I read that link as "http://modlife.com/htda/concactus." I laughed WAY too hard at the image of a room full of cacti conning people over the internet.

    But man, I'm SO glad Welcome Oblivion is streaming (and thus leaked). This and the Django Unchained soundtrack have literally been all I've listened to since yesterday afternoon, and I intend to sit out this impending snow storm with Metal Gear Rising and Welcome Oblivion on my speakers. :P

    Bravo, HTDA. Fucking bravo.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    333
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, I'm listening to the stream now, really liked The wake up. I'm on Welcome oblivion right now, never realized Mariqueen could sing like that.

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Side note: I wonder if they dropped topspin for label reasons or because topspin suxx0rz?
    Wasn't aware they dropped topspin - what's the international shipping like from the new lads? One of the reasons I never bought anything direct from bands who used topspin was they tended to charge almost twice as much to ship the CD as the damn thing itself cost.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This album feels like three acts to me; with what I perceive as fairly distinct changes in sonic moods. I love it. Act I: 1-4, Act II: 5-9, Act II: 10-13

    I'm very interested to hear how the additional vinyl tracks and order change the album. Especially going from ATSBTS to Ice Age back to the title track.

    (Not to throw the NIN comparison out too much, but this type of album flow is very reminiscent of a NIN album and has Trent's hands all over it)

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm just an idiot but for Pitchfork Advance, the only video that seems to play is an eye opening and closing for a few seconds, and thats only after i click the screen. What am i doing wrong?

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    333
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fucking brilliant. So much for actually managing to listen to the album the whole way through without it cutting off in the middle. Seriously, goddamn you TalkTalk.

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Corey (nice name!),

    Do you see large white arrows on the lower bottom right and left of the webpage? What browser are you using? A lot of users have had issues with Pitchfork Advance it seems.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,065
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just reporting back that I'm actually listening to this album again today.

    wow. I still think its pretty neat. And I talked lots of crap about HTDA.

    I'm pleased. and then some.

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,071
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    Wasn't aware they dropped topspin - what's the international shipping like from the new lads? One of the reasons I never bought anything direct from bands who used topspin was they tended to charge almost twice as much to ship the CD as the damn thing itself cost.
    Standard shipping to the UK for the vinyl came out as 2 more than Amazon in total, and as Amazon doesn't come with an instant download of the album on release day, I went for HTDA's store (plus they get more money from the sale of course).

    But it is cheaper than previous shipping from the US via Topspin has cost.

  16. #616
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Standard shipping to the UK for the vinyl came out as 2 more than Amazon in total, and as Amazon doesn't come with an instant download of the album on release day, I went for HTDA's store (plus they get more money from the sale of course).

    But it is cheaper than previous shipping from the US via Topspin has cost.
    Does anyone know if Amazon's Auto Rip MP3 program applies to vinyl purchases, or just CDs?

  17. #617
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,247
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Corey (nice name!),

    Do you see large white arrows on the lower bottom right and left of the webpage? What browser are you using? A lot of users have had issues with Pitchfork Advance it seems.
    That's cause it sort of sucks. I'm glad for a stream of the album, but the system could use a bit of work. Anyone else notice how the visuals gradually shifted to the left until the credits were unreadable because the images weren't all the same size?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Does anyone know if Amazon's Auto Rip MP3 program applies to vinyl purchases, or just CDs?
    I don't think AutoRip applies to Welcome oblivion at all. Amazon doesn't have the AutoRip ribbon on either one.

  18. #618
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good job with the lyrics on ninwiki, not an easy record to transcribe! I think the line on We Fade Away is "Please I need a little room to breathe"

    I really like how Mariqueen sort of reprises her vocal melody from the end of Ice Age at the end of Hallowed Ground. Gives the album a nice sense of closure. That might be my favorite track right now

  19. #619
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brossard, QC
    Posts
    646
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I didn't care much for An Omen EP. Not that I that didn't want to... it just wasn't exciting to me.

    Oddly enough, I'm really really happy with Welcome Oblivion. It's a more complete experience!

    I know I'm going to make a playlist of "all" 17 tracks. 15 tracks.. pff! Trent ain't going to stop me from putting Speaking in Tongues after The Loop Closes!

  20. #620
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,957
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyonix.one View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has made this comparison/observation yet, but I'm kind of thinking this album is a continuation of the Year Zero theme.

    If you look at the art work, and the theme of most of the songs, it seems like it could fit. Almost as if this album takes place after the events of Year Zero, and the world is now in a post apocalyptic phase. The video for How Long and some of the lyrics seem to support this as well. Just an idea, not sure if it is intentional or not by the band, or if I'm reading too much into it. Thoughts?
    Yes, people have been speculating about this, here and there, for months. I think it's a really natural conclusion. In a lot of places, the sound of this album reminds me of Year Zero as well.

    But I honestly don't think TR would engineer the first proper HTDA album to be a successor to Year Zero, which would set up his new band to officially be a side project. I think it's more likely that HTDA may simply be working with themes surrounding the collapse of society and end of times, so there naturally would be crossover in imagery and language.

  21. #621
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,709
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    judging their shape: no. But i definitely hear a difference from 320kb to 24bit flac, call me delirious if you like. But even if not i'd prefer the best available resolution simply because the artist intended and paid for it.

    and by the way: i did listen to each of the new songs a bit on the stream which brought me to the original statement.
    I'm with this guy!
    Although, I prefer to skip the encoding and listen to the sound as it comes directly from their mouths and instruments. That's why I only listen to the live bootlegs from RITC. I'll be waiting for HTDA's first live performance before listening to anything.

  22. #622
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Corey (nice name!),

    Do you see large white arrows on the lower bottom right and left of the webpage? What browser are you using? A lot of users have had issues with Pitchfork Advance it seems.

    Im the same guy haha. I'm using Google Chrome and the only arrows i see are for the tracks.

  23. #623
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    sounds like the kind of music that would inspire someone to study mixing/engineering/mastering

  24. #624
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomy1992 View Post
    Im the same guy haha. I'm using Google Chrome and the only arrows i see are for the tracks.
    Odd, I'm on Chrome as well. Do you see the scroll bar on the bottom? Can you listen at least?

    It's a new platform that has been around a month. Sounds like there are still some bugs out there. I enjoy concept as I hooked up my laptop to my TV and stereo speakers last night to take the album in, but had to manually move the visuals (which I think are supposed to move on their own with the tracks).

    To be fair, you aren't missing out on too much if you happen to find the songs elsewhere.

  25. #625
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow this is quite an album, much improved from the first EP put out a couple years ago. Although they will be brief, I think the live shows for this will be incredible, I'd guess they'd be very similar to when NIN was doing the Year Zero songs in that unconventional format. Not to mention that Trent won't feel any pressure of playing songs to please the NIN crowd, they're literally free to do whatever they want, NYC date please!!!

  26. #626
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Every time Trent has released a new album after YZ, some people have theorized about said albums being connected to YZ somehow. If I remember well, that's what happened with Ghosts and (specially) The Slip, some people see connections even with the soundtracks for Fincher's movies. XD He'll eventually release an album for a Disney movie and we'll see connections to YZ everywhere. XD


  27. #627
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,957
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    There were (basically) no lyrics with Ghosts or the soundtracks. How exactly did people connect those to Year Zero, which is a narrative-driven beast?

    And people tried to connect The Slip to Year Zero because he released a cover that had a person wearing an AIR patch. You can't blame them exactly.

  28. #628
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love how influential YZ is in his discography. People are still seeing connections to it almost six years on. It was such a great change of sound for him, it's so rare for an artist working this long to get recharged late in his career.

    The more I'm listening the more I like. I already have a listening party set up for Saturday night with a friend. Smokes, a home-cooked meal and new Reznor. YESSSS

  29. #629
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post
    Every time Trent has released a new album after YZ, some people have theorized about said albums being connected to YZ somehow. If I remember well, that's what happened with Ghosts and (specially) The Slip, some people see connections even with the soundtracks for Fincher's movies. XD He'll eventually release an album for a Disney movie and we'll see connections to YZ everywhere. XD

    I think this can almost be entirely attributed to the ARG. Everyone got primed to look for secret messages and connections, and it never quite left. It's a testament to Trent and 42 Entertainment just how deep the hooks went in. It was so much fun, who wouldn't want a chance to do it again.

  30. #630
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Niskayuna, New York
    Posts
    497
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just ordered the Vinyl version! #1566. . . Is it limited or something?

Posting Permissions