Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
Results 1,411 to 1,427 of 1427

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Sometimes I forget who I am talking about and should stop pretending like I know anything about the band and their writing/production process and dedication etc... let alone what's right for them to do.
    I wish more people on here had that mindset.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequenteon View Post
    Welcome!!!!
    Oblivion!!!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    This album is good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For Welcome Oblivion, did each track have its own unique artwork? If so, I always had the album in WAV digitally, which never had these. If these are available, could someone please upload these in their highest quality? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    For Welcome Oblivion, did each track have its own unique artwork? If so, I always had the album in WAV digitally, which never had these. If these are available, could someone please upload these in their highest quality? Thanks in advance.
    It came with three covers, not embedded in the tracks. The CD cover, the Vinyl cover, and a third that's two silhouettes on a beach with static across their faces. I think that one is an insert on the physical releases.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Yes. They're all here. Full resolution is 1500 x 1500, all in order (titles have the track numbers as well), extracted straight from the mp3s.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Yes. They're all here. Full resolution is 1500 x 1500, all in order (titles have the track numbers as well), extracted straight from the mp3s.
    Shit, I forgot about those! I actually made a .gif out of them when they first came out to make it sort of an animation.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Shit, I forgot about those! I actually made a .gif out of them when they first came out to make it sort of an animation.
    Yea, a gif would be cool. Have to make one that starts with the silhouette of the person is there, then they slowly disappear, but then go backwards so the silhouette of the person slowly reappears. That way the person will disappear and reappear over and over seamlessly as a gif.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Was listening to some HTDA a few days ago and I still have "Strings And Attractors" in my ear, I love how it changes from (I imagine) silly birds jumping around to that silky, lovely "All these little strings, Holding us together..." chorus... and then outro, beautiful. Welcome Oblivion has amazing sound still (and it was 2013 already? wow).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Yea, a gif would be cool. Have to make one that starts with the silhouette of the person is there, then they slowly disappear, but then go backwards so the silhouette of the person slowly reappears. That way the person will disappear and reappear over and over seamlessly as a gif.
    I made one too, and I think I uploaded it to the wiki, so I imagine it’s still there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    And there ya go!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Came across a [used] vinyl copy of Welcome Oblivion. Jacket had some noticeable wear (8 out of 10 in my own arbitrary scale), I didn't check the vinyls...$40. I passed. Did I fuck up?

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Came across a [used] vinyl copy of Welcome Oblivion. Jacket had some noticeable wear (8 out of 10 in my own arbitrary scale), I didn't check the vinyls...$40. I passed. Did I fuck up?
    $40 doesn't seem like a bad price (especially not having to ship it) - and it's one of my favorite vinyl packages all around. Good art direction used on quality packaging, labels, and slip covers, vinyl-only bonus tracks...

It's not the end of the world, but you might have fucked up.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    $40 doesn't seem like a bad price (especially not having to ship it) - and it's one of my favorite vinyl packages all around. Good art direction used on quality packaging, labels, and slip covers, vinyl-only bonus tracks...

It's not the end of the world, but you might have fucked up.
    lol win some, lose some.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Happy 10th Anniversary to Welcome Oblivion!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Happy 10th Anniversary to Welcome Oblivion!
    Indeed!

I wrote a few words to personally mark the occasion https://jmtd.net/log/Welcome_Oblivion/