Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1427

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malchick View Post
    Today I noticed at the end of We Fade Away what sounds like beard scratching. I like when they include accidents in their songs, like the cough in The sleep of dreams produces monsters or the double take in Discipline.
    Also, does anyone know what the sound in Hallowed Ground could be at around 3:96? It sounds either like someone grabbing a microphone or a roll of thunder.
    I've no idea how to get to "3:96", but yeah, I think there's some thunder in there.

Also,
    The sleep of dreams produces monsters
    made me chuckle. It's OK, though. Mind altering recreations can sometimes help keep a person sane. Not that I'd know anything about such things, of course.
    Last edited by Amnesiac; 03-10-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck. This is what happens when you lose an hour of sleep and try to do count time by subtraction. Lets try that again: 3:56

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My HTDA account still shows that my order is "processing" Shouldn't it have been so that they would get the first batch of the vinyls?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck. This is what happens when you lose an hour of sleep and try to do count time by subtraction. Lets try that again: 3:56
    Yeah, it's definitely thunder, and then rain, it sounds like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    I've no idea how to get to "3:96", but yeah, I think there's some thunder in there.
    4:36, perhaps?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Please buy a decent stereo amp with good speakers.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...9/IMG_0501.jpg
    http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...9/IMG_0501.jpg

My non-bundled shirt finally got in today. Looks like I'll be waiting until nearly April to see the other shirt, the CD, and the vinyl, judging by how long it took for this shirt to get here.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konkelo View Post
    My HTDA account still shows that my order is "processing" Shouldn't it have been so that they would get the first batch of the vinyls?
    htda@modlife.com

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Keep in mind that the projected release date for the U.S. vinyls is March 19, which we're still over a week out from. The store will hopefully get their first batch sometime this week, as they're guaranteed the first shipment. The EU vinyls were made by a different company, hence why they were released on time.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Konkelo lives in Finland

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Konkelo lives in Finland
    You know, you'd think I'd check before being a dumbass.

That or I was projecting my frustrations about now having the vinyl yet.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    so, Cortini is joining HTDA for the live band

https://twitter.com/destroyangels/st...11944990343169

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Posted that in the live topic for good measure. That's probably so Rob can focus on visual stuff on-stage instead of having to man a synth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There weren't any lyrics in the digital download right? Or am I just not seeing them?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by becomingtom View Post
    There weren't any lyrics in the digital download right? Or am I just not seeing them?
    they're embedded in the tracks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they're embedded in the tracks.
    So I know I'm going to look like an idiot here but.....how do you get to them?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by becomingtom View Post
    So I know I'm going to look like an idiot here but.....how do you get to them?
    If you're using iTunes, right-click, click "Get Info" and go to the lyrics tab. If not, then I guess just pull them up on NINWiki because there's no other (easy) way to get to them that I can think of right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    If you're using iTunes, right-click, click "Get Info" and go to the lyrics tab. If not, then I guess just pull them up on NINWiki because there's no other (easy) way to get to them that I can think of right now.
    I am using iTunes, thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If anyone bought through iTunes or any other site providing the "bonus tracks", is EP1 mixed differently to fit the album better, or is it exactly the same?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Has anyone's Amazon orders dispatched yet?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...jIIU1l5OU2s5dE
    found the banner

edit: for some reason, the tall banner is not animated, straight picture http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...99798202615849
    I found the tall banner (the other one must be an alt, or for pages that don't use flash ads)

There seems to be cool glitchy stuff within it that doesn't show up on the webpage (only stuff inside the white lines shows up if you don't grab the ad's direct link). I love that Rob puts in that extra detail.

So the full list of flash ads is:
    Box: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...TIIAW9oVqGN030
    Wide banner: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...jIIU1l5OU2s5dE
    Tall banner: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...DIICoZG5o9ME-w

And if anyone can rip those and extract just the images, that'd be neat I guess.
    ( @Camille )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I may have missed something, but has anyone received an e-mail or anything about the US release of the vinyl? I haven't got anything regarding my pre-order and I just spoke with a local indie shop that said they're expecting copies next Tuesday. That's cool and all, but I'm a little pissed if the people who ordered through the site don't get theirs first.

Pre-orders, they kind-of suck, apart from the fact you and the band know they're getting paid.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I asked Rob a couple days back, basically there's 2 vinyl runs: America and worldwide. Worldwide didn't have the defect so they're already out, America did. Some stores in the US might've bought Worldwide copies if they were cheaper or w/e, which is why they already have them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's just ridiculous that it should come to this. In all honesty, how many are satisfied with their pre-orders in general? I'm not just talking about Trent and company either. I pre-ordered the ultra-deluxe El-P/Killer Mike vinyl set and they delayed my shipment several times, at one point telling me it cost more to mail it because of unforeseen packaging costs, only to find they shipped it Media Mail after I paid three times that for shipping. When I pre-ordered the Autolux deluxe package I wasn't informed when my package was delayed or when it would be delayed until. I ended up calling the label who got me in touch with the owner of the subsidiary handling distribution and after complaining several times they gave me a complete refund and allowed me to keep the order, but in the end it wasn't the money I wanted back. It's also worth noting that the download provided with the order, which was processed by TopSpin, had pops and clicks all over it.

I know the artists don't have much to do with these problems. They make the music and sign deals with companies that handle the distribution and mail-order. I'm sure they try to align themselves with the most reputable organizations possible so their fans will be satisfied. Furthermore, it's probably a lot easier to send out products that are in stock than pre-order items. But it's still downright offensive how we pay our hard-earned money only to find our orders floating in limbo with little explanation from the parties handling them. It's great that Rob, Trent and whomever are involved, but when the company handling the business is supposed to rectify these issues, as they're the ones getting paid for such events, the artist shouldn't have to get involved.

By the way, for the record, the best pre-order service I ever received was from an indie named Acephale, and the order was still messed up! I never received my package and was in contact with the label owner directly. He insisted it had went out and didn't know why it hadn't arrived, but he saved the day by overnighting me a new package via FedEx and stuck a bonus disc in with it. The original order never arrived, but they were pure class about it nonetheless.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I finally received an update from Modlife about the vinyl delay on March 4, confirming what we here already knew -- that it was delayed until the 19th. Check the e-mail account associated with your HTDA account (and if it's not there, check the spam folder).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I finally received an update from Modlife about the vinyl delay on March 4, confirming what we here already knew -- that it was delayed until the 19th. Check the e-mail account associated with your HTDA account (and if it's not there, check the spam folder).
    I received that e-mail too, sorry I didn't make it clear. I'm just expecting something else from them, some kind of update about the status since they said website pre-orders would be fulfilled first.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Well, they probably don't have anything else to tell us. American vinyl is still being produced to meet demand, we're still a week out from the new release date - they have no obligation to tell us about the vinyl until they hit that date again and the shit hasn't shipped out. Trust me, I'm as irritated as you are - my CD and the shirt I'd originally wanted are stuck with the vinyl - but it would be pointless for the manufacturer to push out the same update about the vinyl over and over again until they're out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I try to avoid pre-order from any artist, not just HTDA/NIN/whatever. I don't think I have ever made a pre order from anyone that has arrived on time. You pre order something before it's released, then you are still sitting like a spare prick a week later waiting on it while the rest of the world just nipped into a record shop and bought it there on the day of release.
    Pre-order has it's uses, I suppose it's useful for people who can't otherwise get to an actual shop, or if something is only available from a pre order, but that is the only reason I would use one again. This of course is just my experience, I know plenty of people who use pre-order and they have no problems and receive their product when promised.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The preorder for David Byrne and St. Vincent's Love This Giant got to me on time. An Omen was only a day late, too.

I don't know, I just like having that guarantee (more or less) that it'll get to you eventually. And besides, in this case, it's not the fault of the preorder - the damn thing hasn't even come out yet in America, which is the manufacturer's fault, not Modlife's, and I probably wouldn't spend the money to import it. So whatever.